Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2017, 09:45 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,296 times

Advertisements

There could be a few things here:

-He actually does like you, but for some reason, he is hesitant with going forward with serious commitment. This could be due to numerous reasons. He might have assets and is scared of you just being out for money. He might have just an overall fear of you losing interest, cheating, etc.. Since it doesn't sound like you had a really serious relationship, he might have hidden the fact that he has a previous divorce or something else big in his past that is likely on the level of something that needs to be shared. I disagree about men retreating when feelings are involved because they only see things as casual. It is very possible today that many men are very hesitant of marriage, and for most people, getting serious is the next step towards a legal marriage.

-It is possible he just wants sex, wants companionship on a more casual level.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2017, 09:46 AM

14,376 posts, read 18,369,736 times
OP, you're not going to "make" anyone fall in love with you. It just doesn't work like that. There are no magic little tricks or perfect words.

To keep working on becoming the person you want to become is really the only way forward.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:52 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson513 View Post
Unless you have a really hot body, get some serious implants, start working out, lose some weight, never see him without make up, dress well and don't let him make any booty calls. Say no every third time he asks you out. Don't spill your guts. Don't initiate the sex. Don't misbehave when you are around him (he has to respect you to love you).

Sex leads to love for men. You have to get their attention first, however.
No.

Old 12-09-2017, 09:55 AM

11,230 posts, read 9,318,331 times
There are two quotes that seem apropos to this situation:

"If thou wouldst be loved, be lovable."
"Who buys a cow when the milk is free?"

Next!

Old 12-09-2017, 11:25 AM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Quote:
Maybe there is something in the Hawaiian culture I do not understand.

The two posts are in perfect synchronicity. Biology causes changes in women that attracts men by causing changes in the female body. In very general terms, breast enlarges, hips widen etc.

Now you Coconut, are attracted to those women in the shape as before that process starts.

Yes, it would make me a little uncomfortable to have you around my young females.

As for the ladies above who are offended by this scientific fact, I would point out that the girls are not biologically driven to have small breast and manly stance, nor to spout feminist dogma or challenge their male colleagues to feats of ego as Nature's pathway to reproduction, biology's most powerful force.
WUT! Lmao

So, if a woman that's 29 and still has a body of 14yo (no hips and flat chested) and I'm attracted to her, I'm a pedophile. Yeah okay, I'm a pedophile and dont let me around your harem of young females.

Old 12-09-2017, 11:49 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,438,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
OP, you're not going to "make" anyone fall in love with you. It just doesn't work like that. There are no magic little tricks or perfect words.

To keep working on becoming the person you want to become is really the only way forward.
Good advice. Take care of youself, first and and always protect yourself. Go to school or do something like get a second job. I take it you're young. True love isn't so important at this time in your life IMO.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:38 AM

136 posts, read 101,295 times
UPDATE:

I professed my feelings for him and asked if there was any chance at a romantic thing...

HE REJECTED ME YET AGAIN.

You all were right, it was just sex for him and as good as it was, it didn't mean any feelings were involved. Ah, men.

But I'm moving on. I'll follow the path of least resistance. I now know I can't force anything.

Thanks for all the advice and your thoughts.

Old 12-11-2017, 10:49 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,721,722 times
Quote:
Unless you have a really hot body, get some serious implants, start working out, lose some weight, never see him without make up, dress well and don't let him make any booty calls. Say no every third time he asks you out. Don't spill your guts. Don't initiate the sex. Don't misbehave when you are around him (he has to respect you to love you).

Sex leads to love for men. You have to get their attention first, however.
Exactly.

Old 12-11-2017, 12:29 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicTraveler21 View Post
Ah, men.
Not "men." This man.

At least he was honest with you. That old quote about ,"When people tell you who they are, believe them..." is true.

Old 12-11-2017, 01:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
You can't.

It depends on the guy as well. I might sound like an ass here, but I don't find most people intellectually stimulating. Without that specific spark, most women don't make much of an romantic impression on me.

But that's just me.. Other men can fall for women fast, others don't..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships