Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 09:22 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
You know, sometimes, people just need some separation and some alone time.

Can you not go out and do your shopping by yourself? In another thread, you asserted that you were an adult. Be an adult, and let him have his space.

Then he needs to say this, instead of "Nah, I got stuff to do."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2017, 09:26 AM

2,068 posts, read 4,337,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleNicole View Post
I was just texting my boyfriend and since I'm off today I told him I was going to come over. He said no because he has a lot of stuff to do. He said he's going to be Christmas Shopping and then meeting up with his friend to have lunch.....then said he's gonna go home to work on his house and then probably do some more Christmas Shopping. My problem is, he can't find time for me at all today? I like Christmas Shopping too and need to finish, why won't he invite me to go.....I know he's not buying a gift for me, he already has my gift.

I'm annoyed, I haven't seen him all week. I want to tell him I'm annoyed but I don't want to start a fight. I don't see why I can't go over there.....its not like I'd be bothering him...... I have homework to do, I can do it while he works on the house. He said maybe tomorrow. I don't like the word maybe.
Codependent much?

Old 12-18-2017, 10:12 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
I was just texting my boyfriend and since I'm off today I told him I was going to come over. He said no because he has a lot of stuff to do. He said he's going to be Christmas Shopping and then meeting up with his friend to have lunch.....then said he's gonna go home to work on his house and then probably do some more Christmas Shopping. My problem is, he can't find time for me at all today? I like Christmas Shopping too and need to finish, why won't he invite me to go.....I know he's not buying a gift for me, he already has my gift.

I'm annoyed, I haven't seen him all week. I want to tell him I'm annoyed but I don't want to start a fight. I don't see why I can't go over there.....its not like I'd be bothering him...... I have homework to do, I can do it while he works on the house. He said maybe tomorrow. I don't like the word maybe.
Somebody is possessive!

Let the dude have fun Christmas shopping and enjoy a lunch with friends. Get your little possessive daggers out of his back and let the dude breathe. Your relationship will be the healthier for it.

ho ho ho

Old 12-18-2017, 11:13 AM

32,647 posts, read 48,040,180 times
People do go Christmas shopping without their partner, I don't find that very alarming. Christmas and birthdays tend to be secretive times in the year as presents and surprises get planned.

Unless this happens all the time, I don't see any issue.

If you aren't getting enough attention to make you happy, be aware it will never get any better. While courting, people are on their best behavior. Once your relationship is secured, he is going to take more personal time, not less

Old 12-18-2017, 11:23 AM

11,053 posts, read 12,452,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
People do go Christmas shopping without their partner, I don't find that very alarming. Christmas and birthdays tend to be secretive times in the year as presents and surprises get planned.

Unless this happens all the time, I don't see any issue.

If you aren't getting enough attention to make you happy, be aware it will never get any better. While courting, people are on their best behavior. Once your relationship is secured, he is going to take more personal time, not less
Nobody should want or need the level of attention suggested by OP.

Old 12-18-2017, 11:48 AM

8,779 posts, read 9,452,560 times
Quote:

You answered your own question.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:05 PM

13,262 posts, read 8,027,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochamajesty View Post
Then he needs to say this, instead of "Nah, I got stuff to do."

Unless...you know...he has other stuff to do.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:07 PM

5,198 posts, read 5,278,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassybluesy View Post
Unless...you know...he has other stuff to do.
Obviously.

The OP said they haven't seen each other all week (but OP, today is Monday, so........).

Old 12-18-2017, 12:12 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
What if he's doing something for her that she doesn't know about? Like
Planning something special or getting something he couldn't get before today???
hahhhahaaa, yeah, that's what we are always hoping he does. I wouldn't rely on it

Maybe he won't take her because she cannot make a decision, changes her mind a thousand times and turns this shopping day into an annoyance for him.
Or maybe he is just not that into her. Who knows.

Old 12-18-2017, 12:16 PM

20,764 posts, read 19,972,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recuerdeme View Post
Codependent much?
She hasn't seen him for a week, soo.. I don't think that's too much to expect to meet at least once a week?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships