Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2017, 11:59 AM

888 posts, read 555,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Canadiangirl, women can and do fall for a guy big time after one date. Have you never fallen for a guy on the first date? It has happened with me more than once. I would think men can do the same but that's never happened to me.

I'm not sure where "It's like you get off on the fact your girlfriend lives for you, and will do anything you want in bed because of this fact" came from. The girl in question was hot in bed. She loved sex and she loved sex with me. All I said was that she was a great lover. I never said anything about her doing anything I want in bed (that was another poster). I was talking about a gf from the past by the way.

Funny thing is, I was being concerned for the girl that was chasing OP. I don't think she is all that crazy (she could be though) but I do think she's got the hots for OP. She might have turned out to be a great lover and gf IF the OP was wanting a LTR.

Nope. I have really liked someone on a first date, thought they were interesting and worth seeing again. But I would never text someone constantly after that to try to see them again. And if someone did this to me, no matter how much we seemed to click on the first date, I would run screaming away. It's just too desperate for me. I feel if someone is like that right off the bat, how will they be once in a relationship. I think it takes much longer than 1 date to really fall for someone. At the beginning its lust and hormones. And yes, of course I have been " hot" for someone after a first meeting, but I would still never chase them in this manner. It's seems so strange and where is the self respect to do that. You honestly don't think it is a little desperate that she asked him out pretty much every day this weekend, and already mentioned valentines day? My first thought is, doesn't she have a life of her own? Why so desperate about it, especially xmas weekend.

I have also never committed to anyone quickly. My husband and I casually dated a year before even talking about that stuff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 12:26 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canadiangirl_2015 View Post
Nope. I have really liked someone on a first date, thought they were interesting and worth seeing again. But I would never text someone constantly after that to try to see them again. And if someone did this to me, no matter how much we seemed to click on the first date, I would run screaming away. It's just too desperate for me. I feel if someone is like that right off the bat, how will they be once in a relationship. I think it takes much longer than 1 date to really fall for someone. At the beginning its lust and hormones. And yes, of course I have been " hot" for someone after a first meeting, but I would still never chase them in this manner. It's seems so strange and where is the self respect to do that. You honestly don't think it is a little desperate that she asked him out pretty much every day this weekend, and already mentioned valentines day? My first thought is, doesn't she have a life of her own? Why so desperate about it, especially xmas weekend.

I have also never committed to anyone quickly. My husband and I casually dated a year before even talking about that stuff.
I am glad I am not the only one who likes to date casually for QUITE A WHILE before even discussing commitment.

Now there might be two of us on here.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:23 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
I am glad I am not the only one who likes to date casually for QUITE A WHILE before even discussing commitment.

I do, too. Although I freely confess I've pulled a "too much/too soon" it wasn't like this, and it wasn't trying to get a commitment. For one thing I was in a weird place because my marriage had just ended, so maybe rebound-ish or whatever that's about. Didn't really have all of the proper dating protocols in the forefront of my mind. But I was just really enthusiastic about this guy. I made sure he knew, I was NOT looking for a serious relationship, no escalation, no living together, most definitely not marriage or kids, and I didn't even care if he was dating around. I wasn't trying to stifle him or put him on lock. But I did tell him I loved him a bit too soon. I think that means different things to different people, and no matter how much you tell someone, "Basically please just take it as a compliment, I'm saying I think you're great, I really enjoy you, and I like the time and intimacy we've got going on. That is absolutely all there is to it. You don't even need to love me back, I'm totally comfortable with it if you don't." But if the other person feels differently about the subject, then it's still a problem.

Well that guy was a weirdo anyhow. In fact he had told me he loved me before then, but he wasn't being serious. He was snuggling up to me, and he said, "I think I love you, so...you're mine now." and he was being silly/creepy/weird on purpose. I pointed it out later and he said it was a joke. (I kinda knew it was at the time.) Like I said...weird guy.

If there was any possibility that could have been more than a FB/fling situation (not sure there was) it would have required me to very much slow my roll. But if anything, HE was a good example of "the crazy ones are great in bed"...since he was, on both counts. It was an interesting chapter. No regrets.

The man I'm living with now, tentatively planning to marry at some point, though? It was 9 months into our relationship when we started discussing commitments of any sort, although we'd been saying we loved each other for most of that time. We managed to do so without it meaning heavy things in those early stages.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:32 PM

61,710 posts, read 87,101,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post

Right, and I got it - BUT this girl (back to OP thread) doesn't want or talk about commitment. She is just a little too excited in planning to see OP again.
Perhaps a little young and inexperienced, perhaps OP did made a super great impression on her...

Old 12-22-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Meh.

There have gotta be a million girls who look like that in DC.

Try the high road, Chriz.
Meh?? Well, we don't know how Chriz looks like ...

Old 12-22-2017, 01:38 PM

888 posts, read 555,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Right, and I got it - BUT this girl (back to OP thread) doesn't want or talk about commitment. She is just a little too excited in planning to see OP again.
Perhaps a little young and inexperienced, perhaps OP did made a super great impression on her...

Well to me wanting to spend all three days together ( Friday Saturday and Sunday she asked him out), and already talking about Valentines day, pretty much says her intentions. Heck my husband and I rarely spend that much time together as she wanted.

I think the OP should date her, and then come back in a few months, and I can guarantee it will be a super clingy relationship with her driving him crazy. We have all been excited before meeting someone we like, but no need to be texting so many times asking to make plans. And who wants to make plans for every single night like that? Again, where are her friends, her family, hobbies? It's super weird to me.

Old 12-22-2017, 01:59 PM

Well, yes. By the end it's his choice, although he WANTS to sleep with her. So, this might be the price he has to pay...

Old 12-22-2017, 02:24 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
She looks like a lot like Catalina Sandino Moreno actually.

Google.

That's your price for crazy? Your cheap.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-22-2017, 02:42 PM

23,173 posts, read 26,194,030 times
Is tonight the night? Stay tuned for tomorrow's update?

Old 12-22-2017, 03:22 PM

1,178 posts, read 685,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Fully agreed. For sure would freak me the heck out and I am a girl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships