Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 10:42 AM

48,446 posts, read 34,627,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
More information is needed.

I get this vibe that the OP, is making this out to be more than what it actually is.
Especially with the thread title.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2017, 10:51 AM

1,619 posts, read 1,095,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
Weird. The majority of posts on here are guys complaining they can't even get a date or if they do, that the girl doesn't appear to be responsive enough. Now here's a girl who is legit interested after a first date and this guy is questioning it. So I'm confused because it seems like no one is ever happy with anything.
I'm convinced they don't know what the hell they want. Women, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. SMDH

Old 12-20-2017, 10:54 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
NOTHING you wrote shows the wants a commitment. Why do you say that?
Yep.

Old 12-20-2017, 10:59 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I'm convinced they don't know what the hell they want. Women, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. SMDH
Honestly spare me the "us poor women" victim routine. Most men in their right mind want someone who gives a but not someone crazy who gives too much of a . It is that simple if you fall somewhere in the middle which I'm not convinced the woman in the OP does.

Last edited by The Dissenter; 12-20-2017 at 11:10 AM..

Old 12-20-2017, 11:08 AM

8,920 posts, read 7,692,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Especially with the thread title.
Yeah, the wording is definitely throwing me off.

Too many conclusions are being drawn and the OP has it worded in a way that makes the other party seem....weird.

All we know is that they went on a date, made out, and at some point 8 texts have been exchanged.

OP did not say whether or not she sent the texts back to back.
He did not clarify whether it was just a long paragraph.
He did not clarify whether the convo was one sided or mutual.
He did not say whether her behavior was making him uncomfortable.
He did not give us any insight on her behavior besides this.

The situation is vague at best. So until the OP, clarifies the points above as well as a few others, a logical conclusion cannot be deduced.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:29 AM

43 posts, read 22,527 times
8 texts does seem like a bit much but maybe she's just really into you. Have you thought about that at all? If she wants to be with you that bad maybe it won't take long at all before you can convince her to do some really raunchy nasty, sex stuff with you. You know, the kinds of things you've wanted a woman to do all your life but never found one that would.

to quote monty python...............always look on the bright side of life........

Old 12-20-2017, 12:38 PM

1,278 posts, read 1,111,571 times
I'm still waiting for OP to clarify whether it was really 8 texts or if it's just that she has a different kind of phone than he does which breaks up long texts into many, like so many phones seem to do.

Old 12-20-2017, 02:11 PM

1,915 posts, read 1,474,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
Just getting some thoughts since this has never happened to me before. I went on a first date last night that went very well. We made out at the end, but didn't have sex. There was no extra communication that night after we said goodbye, but today she texted me 8 times and is already planning our next two dates.

I told her I'm pretty busy for the holidays but might be free for one of the dates.

Anyone had this happen? Is she really expecting instant commitment already lol?
What were the texts and were they one communication or random stuff at different times? There is a big difference between an 8 text conversation and 8 random texts.

Multiple dates doesn’t mean commitment. If I thought I might like a guy, I gave it at least three dates before I made a decision?

The only thing that seems odd to me is planning the next two dates. I always just did one at a time.

Bottom line, if this bugs you so much that you aren’t sure about her behavior and you need to ask about it or you want a more passive woman, just end it and find someone more your speed/type.

Last edited by BellaLind; 12-20-2017 at 02:24 PM..

Old 12-20-2017, 03:06 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,515,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Yeah, so OP, I'm curious like others if the texts were back/forth or just one sided.

If back and forth, then you are getting overly excited over nothing. So she likes you. That's a good thing, no? It would appear she has dropped pretense and hard to get in favor of being upfront and proactive.

Why look a gift horse in the mouth?
So the first text was to say she had a good time and wants to see me again. I replied to that one saying I had fun too and would like to see her again. Then she started planning dates right away and suggested places to go. I replied and said I have a lot going on for the Holidays but can make the Friday date (this Friday). She wants to go out both Friday and Saturday.

After that she texted four more times and I did not respond.

Today I responded to her last text about location for the Friday date. Then she asked again if I might be free on Saturday too. I said no. Then she asked if I'm free Sunday. I said no I'm only free Friday. Then she started asking what I was doing the rest of the weekend. I haven't responded yet.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:09 PM

888 posts, read 553,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
So the first text was to say she had a good time and wants to see me again. I replied to that one saying I had fun too and would like to see her again. Then she started planning dates right away and suggested places to go. I replied and said I have a lot going on for the Holidays but can make the Friday date (this Friday). She wants to go out both Friday and Saturday.

After that she texted four more times and I did not respond.

Today I responded to her last text about location for the Friday date. Then she asked again if I might be free on Saturday too. I said no. Then she asked if I'm free Sunday. I said no I'm only free Friday. Then she started asking what I was doing the rest of the weekend. I haven't responded yet.

That is way way way way way too much. I don't even plan this much with my husband. I know you liked each other, but come on it's been one date. I think she will be the type of will want to spend every moment with you. If that is what you like, cool, if not, I wouldn't date her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships