Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2017, 10:03 AM

8,920 posts, read 7,692,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMarlton View Post
Just because you trust someone doesnt mean they will never do you wrong. Kinda like just because youre paranoid doesnt mean they are not out to get ya
That can go for any type of relationship though. Friends and relatives do shady stuff behind their loved ones' backs ALL the time. You DEFINITELY can't keep an eye on people 24/7.

Yeah a romantic relationship is "different" but people are still people whether you are involved with them intimately or not.

I just think a lot of people don't know how to STOP once they start/find out something that hurts them. It can become a habitual thing and lead to unhealthy dynamics in other relationships.

Regardless any relationship is not without "risks."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2017, 10:37 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,138,096 times
Unless you have somesense that she is unhappy in your relationship, leave it alone. She runs a massage business. That is a very personal and sensual service, involving rubbing a man's body. For him it's pleasure. Many men are going to want something more and see what they can get. For her it's business. Dealing with the inevitable come-ons is "part of the job".

She probably hasn't mentioned it to you because she can handle it and doesn't want you getting "involved" or micro-managing how she handles it.

If you message him and threaten him you will likely lose her a profitable client.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:40 AM

23,164 posts, read 26,118,923 times
Your story and the timing still aren't adding up.
I call this fantasy

Old 12-22-2017, 11:07 AM

102,126 posts, read 107,381,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
Unless you have somesense that she is unhappy in your relationship, leave it alone. She runs a massage business. That is a very personal and sensual service, involving rubbing a man's body. For him it's pleasure. Many men are going to want something more and see what they can get. For her it's business. Dealing with the inevitable come-ons is "part of the job".

She probably hasn't mentioned it to you because she can handle it and doesn't want you getting "involved" or micro-managing how she handles it.

If you message him and threaten him you will likely lose her a profitable client.
Well, this is certainly a fresh perspective! You could have a point. Although, if it were strictly business, I would have responded (to the "you awake?" message) the next day, after 9 a.m., and said, "I only check client messages between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., regular business hours." That would have sent a clear signal to the client that I was all business, no play.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:12 AM

48,436 posts, read 34,627,532 times
Quote:

That is the opposite of what a professional should be doing with their clients. Well, depending on what type of "professional" she is.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-22-2017, 11:30 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,754,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
That is the opposite of what a professional should be doing with their clients. Well, depending on what type of "professional" she is.
Yep.

Professional massage therapists draw very strict boundaries between therapeutic and sexual/sensual massage. It might bring a client pleasure, but a client is supposed to respect the boundary, not take advantage of it.

And yes, I know that massage is by definition "sensual." But the connotations are supposed to be different.

Ruth's suggested reply would have been perfect for the OP's girlfriend to send.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:35 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,138,096 times
Just because someone else draws their "red line" somewhere differently than you would draw yours doesn't mean they don't have boundaries.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:36 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,392,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, this is certainly a fresh perspective! You could have a point. Although, if it were strictly business, I would have responded (to the "you awake?" message) the next day, after 9 a.m., and said, "I only check client messages between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m., regular business hours." That would have sent a clear signal to the client that I was all business, no play.
Good point. I think there's a little more going on here than meets the eye. In todays world the sky is the limit. To think that some things are impossible when it comes to human behavior is wrong headed. People just need to accept the fact that the society we live in is by and largely devoid of high standards.

For the OP.

https://www.amazon.com/Chimpanzees-G.../dp/0674116496

Old 12-22-2017, 11:39 AM

5,198 posts, read 5,263,657 times
Quote:
Just because someone else draws their "red line" somewhere differently than you would draw yours doesn't mean they don't have boundaries.
Huh?

A 'client' is texting her late at night - for what? "You awake?" - sounds like a booty call text. Name one profession, other than the obvious, where this is allowed. He is not talking about a legit massage at 1104 pm.

If this is a demonstration of boundaries (I mean, someone sent her pictures!) then I would hate to see what 'no boundaries' look like.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:41 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,334,679 times
Oh gosh, that is all very suspicious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships