Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2017, 11:49 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Maybe. But I think the attitude causes the problem, in a lot of cases, not the other way around.

Some guys come here and convey their problems, and receive genuine responses of a positive nature, because their good attitude.
Attitude is perception. And what you consider a bad attitude some people may just see as telling it like it is. And that's my point. The threshold that you and many have here on CD for a "positive" attitude directly correlates to how closely they walk the current climate's PC line.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:53 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Hasn't it always been the case sex and relationships have always been more important to men? Man gets neglected by the opposite sex he either hides in his shell and gives up, becomes bitter at the world and lashes out online, or in extreme cases resorts to violence?

IMO women who get ignored just simply turn to other hobbies. The need to have sex or be in a relationship just isn't there. They can adapt easier than men. Maybe it's also has to do with ego. No women here who can't get dates like to advertise it on a regular basis like some male posters.
A man named George Sodini came to my mind because of your post. He killed a lot of women in a gym in Pennsylvania back in 2009 I believe. You speak some truth.

Old 12-25-2017, 11:57 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockyman View Post
Hasn't it always been the case sex and relationships have always been more important to men? Man gets neglected by the opposite sex he either hides in his shell and gives up, becomes bitter at the world and lashes out online, or in extreme cases resorts to violence?

IMO women who get ignored just simply turn to other hobbies. The need to have sex or be in a relationship just isn't there. They can adapt easier than men. Maybe it's also has to do with ego. No women here who can't get dates like to advertise it on a regular basis like some male posters.
This. Women deal with it better; they fill their lives with hobbies and friends. This isn't to say that they don't long for a relationship, but their biology doesn't push them in that direction on a daily or weekly basis, like men's does, generally speaking (if we can allow generalizations )

Old 12-25-2017, 12:03 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,305,593 times
I honestly don't get why some men whine about this type of stuff. There are worse things going on in this world over someone not being attracted to you. It's really not that big of a deal at least to me it isn't.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:06 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
Lol. Millennial women are just as bad as millennial men in the entitlement department. Show up and you deserve respect and status just for existing. Bleh.
I didn't say they didn't have entitlement attitudes. The question was-- Why are there more young men here acting whiny and bitter than women. My opinion was that they feel entitled, they want to do the same things their fathers and grandfathers did to get the same outcome Maybe. They may think they will do things, traditional Man things, to get a woman. They dont understand why they have a job, try to keep in shape to be the provider --and don't have a woman.

Where as a woman is no longer groomed to learn how to cook, clean, take Home Ec classes, learn how to make popovers, be pretty, and a man will find you. Things have changed dramatically for young women, and yet what has changed for young men? The ones who complain are still using the same tools to obtain a wife and mother for their children, and the young woman doesn't know if she wants either. Ever. They don't feel entitled to a man, because they don't necessarily need one to support them, they don't have their self worth tied up in whether or not they have one.

That was my opinion if you don't agree with that, then you don't agree with that. I'm not crisizing anyone.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
I didn't say they didn't have entitlement attitudes. The question was-- Why are there more young men here acting whiny and bitter than women. My opinion was that they feel entitled, they want to do the same things their fathers and grandfathers did to get the same outcome Maybe. They may think they will do things, traditional Man things, to get a woman. They dont understand why they have a job, try to keep in shape to be the provider --and don't have a woman.

Where as a woman is no longer groomed to learn how to cook, clean, take Home Ec classes, learn how to make popovers, be pretty, and a man will find you. Things have changed dramatically for young women, and yet what has changed for young men? The ones who complain are still using the same tools to obtain a wife and mother for their children, and the young woman doesn't know if she wants either. Ever. They don't feel entitled to a man, because they don't necessarily need one to support them, they don't have their self worth tied up in whether or not they have one.

That was my opinion if you don't agree with that, then you don't agree with that. I'm not crisizing anyone.
I agree that some men are baffled that having their ish together doesn't equate to a beautiful woman. Then when they realize they have to also be dancing entertainment clowns to hold some of today's millennial women's attention, frustration can really set in.

However, if you think millennial women aren't entitled in their belief in what type of man they deserve simply because they don't need a man, you're conflating two separate topics. If anything, the freedom afforded to women by no longer needing men for support has increased the level of entitlement and expectations in millennial women.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:43 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Attitude is perception. And what you consider a bad attitude some people may just see as telling it like it is. And that's my point. The threshold that you and many have here on CD for a "positive" attitude directly correlates to how closely they walk the current climate's PC line.
Well, then consider how that attitude is working in real life too.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-25-2017, 12:44 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
I agree that some men are baffled that having their ish together doesn't equate to a beautiful woman. Then when they realize they have to also be dancing entertainment clowns to hold some of today's millennial women's attention, frustration can really set in.

However, if you think millennial women aren't entitled in their belief in what type of man they deserve simply because they don't need a man, you're conflating two separate topics. If anything, the freedom afforded to women by no longer needing men for support has increased the level of entitlement and expectations in millennial women.

Being self supporting has increased a woman's options, so now a man is not a necessity for survival. It's always been that way for men.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-25-2017, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Being self supporting has increased a woman's options, so now a man is not a necessity for survival. It's always been that way for men.
Ok. This is the point I just made.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:52 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:

Why is this about millennial women? Independent, working women has been a widespread phenomenon in American society since roughly the 1970's or 80's. Men since that time have been evaluated for their character and personality (though IMO they always were, but maybe the emphasis back before then was on earning power). That covers the Boomers and Gen X, as well as the Millennials. Are you implying that men would prefer to be viewed as walking bank accounts, rather than more holistically, as (hopefully) fairly well-rounded human beings? What exactly is the complaint, here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships