U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 02:00 PM

1,868 posts, read 3,849,358 times
Oops.....well that puts a whole other spin on it then.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2008, 02:47 PM

15,820 posts, read 30,195,002 times
Maybe you talk too much?

Old 04-01-2008, 01:28 AM

2,384 posts, read 4,787,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakingfree View Post
Unless it's that snooty upscale alley Lucky Strike.

Topic? When I was in high school, I was so desperate for the attention of the cool kids. I became a doormat and let them do what they wanted, regardless of how nasty they were. It took graduating and moving on to make me realize that those people weren't worth my time. And I don't plan on going to reunions because I feel all they're for are for the populars to hold onto their fleeting popularity and the unpopulars who still want the populars' attentions. Their opinions of me aren't important anymore---hell, they never should've been in the first place.

I agree with some of the other posters that you're still stuck in your high school years and still desperate for the attentions of these people. It's not worth it. You've been out of there for a decade---move on. You'll find friends who'll appreciate you regardless of your social status in life, and that's worth more than the attentions of a snobby loser any day.
Me I used to think that if I could be friends with the popular crowds I could gain alot of friends and get invited to their good time events (parties, sporting events, road trips, vacations and camping trips) but the one thing I've had that they didn't have was a learning disability and I was basically snubbed cause of my learning disability.

Fortunately I now know who my true friends really are and I am very greatful and fortunate to have them by my side, there are alot of people who think of me as a great guy who is easygoing, polite and laid back and I am happy to have them by my side, there even was a girl who thought I was way too nice and unselfish and she felt that I've needed to think about myself a little more and I later realized she was right, fortunately me and her are true friends and I'm really happy to have her as my friend.

To tell you the truth if I could either be friends with my current friends or the people who I really wanted to be friends with in high school I would definitely choose the former category

Old 04-01-2008, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
And this is the group you tried to shoehorn yourself into?

Something tells me we're not getting the entire story here -- such as, maybe you weren't picking up on cues that he wanted you to go away, so he made the message a bit more clear. If a high school "acquaintance" walked up to me and interrupted a night out with my wife and friends and tried to chat me up, I'm not sure how cordial I'd be either.
I think one of my disqualities is getting PO'd easily and my learning disability and that probably set him off and caused him not to like me, plus me and him have nothing in common.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldjensens View Post
Maybe you talk too much?
I can talk constantly and I sometimes talk about people who we knew in high school and what their opinions are on them.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
Your a grown woman for crying out loud!! Get over it.............life is short!
I'm actually a male to be honest with you.

Old 04-01-2008, 01:34 AM

Fortunately I have gotten over the incident at the bowling alley and I've started realizing that I've gone through worse incidents than what happened at the bowling alley, it made me realize what kind of person I am and I definitely know who my true friends are and that makes me become a wiser person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships