Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 03:31 AM

8,247 posts, read 8,596,826 times

Advertisements

What makes the OP think these women would go out with him again if he did ask? So many times he mentions money in posts. Being cheap is a big, if not the biggest red flag with the people I know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 05:07 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,633,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
What makes the OP think these women would go out with him again if he did ask? So many times he mentions money in posts. Being cheap is a big, if not the biggest red flag with the people I know.
I know you aren’t going to believe me (frankly I don’t give a or ) but a lot of my first dates ask me for second dates or hint they want a second and I typically turn them down or don’t respond to them at all.

Yeah, I mention money all the time because I resent being the guy meaning I have to pay. You’re damn right I have a problem with it.

Old 01-03-2018, 05:37 AM

10,500 posts, read 6,983,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
The handful of dates I've been on were mostly to get my well-intentioned, if somewhat deluded, friends off my back. Coming back for more would have made a mockery of my 'I told you it wouldn't work, now stop bugging me' response.

The one that didn't fit that category happened thanks to an OLD profile I put up for research purposes with no intention of actually dating. I made it as long winded and pompous as I could and didn't expect any response. When I got one it caught me me so far off guard that I couldn't talk or outright lie my way out of it. The resulting lunch was like pulling teeth. I made sure to lose her number immediately afterwards.
So your not interested yet hang out on the Relationship forum. That's weird.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:45 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,102,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
So your not interested yet hang out on the Relationship forum. That's weird.
Like I said, research. This stuff drives people in a way I hope I'll never experience, but I hope I can learn enough to write about it when I have to. Not as the main focus of a story, but certainly a trigger that sends someone into an uncontrollable downward spiral where their capacity for logical thought and reliable perception deserts them. You lot make a very interesting little ant farm .

Old 01-03-2018, 07:20 AM

10,500 posts, read 6,983,845 times
Quote:
Like I said, research. This stuff drives people in a way I hope I'll never experience, but I hope I can learn enough to write about it when I have to. Not as the main focus of a story, but certainly a trigger that sends someone into an uncontrollable downward spiral where their capacity for logical thought and reliable perception deserts them. You lot make a very interesting little ant farm .
Oh. The condescending "I'm above all this" ploy. Yeah, we believe that.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:29 AM

24,541 posts, read 18,118,486 times
Quote:
You just wrote that you've only ever been on a handful of dates. I've been screwing up relationships royally for many decades. Hopefully, I've learned something from my long list of mistakes and I've gotten better at it. I participate in message boards to try to learn and share what I've learned. This one is no different.

You just haven't made the mistakes yet. You will because pretty much everybody does unless they're a hermit.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:32 AM

1,713 posts, read 1,102,359 times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships