Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Can you tell if your female partner is getting or on her period?
Yes 20 76.92%
No 4 15.38%
Sometimes 2 7.69%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 10:35 AM

6,750 posts, read 5,726,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylisa7 View Post
True. I find the best way to get my husband to help is to straight out ask him. No hints or tricks will work, lol.

Eww...but there is a difference between smelling from poor hygiene(I have smelled woman like that) and what emits from your skin. My husband can only smell me when we are spooning. His nose is in my hair and neck. It's not like he can smell me across the room
Lol... while reading this I was inspired to ask my husband straight out to wash the dishes.

Hey can you please wash the dishes today?
His response .... " Ya Right! Don't dream. What do you thibk this is?"

I think he might be broken lol. I even volunteered to show him to explain what to do. He is hidding upstairs now lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 10:39 AM

Default ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Do you think men are so dumb as to not be able to discern patterns? I knew when my wife's period started almost to the day. It's not hard.
Not about men being dumb, but rather being that observant.
I don't track my own cycle so the fact that he seems to know surprised me.

Old 01-07-2018, 11:15 AM

61,717 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
...not every woman has PMS....and being "irritable" can be due to many reasons besides your period. Just because a guy "knows" doesn't mean he's correct - could just be a bad assumption.
^^^ This. Me. I don't have any symptoms or moods, and I agree - irritability and "moods" could be caused by other reasons, and some of them if not most could be eliminated.
I think, I would be annoyed knowing my SO is secretly tracking it. What for?

Old 01-07-2018, 11:50 AM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Do you think men are so dumb as to not be able to discern patterns? I knew when my wife's period started almost to the day. It's not hard.
Yeah, this one. Never been with a guy who wasn't aware. Also, how could you live with a guy and he not know?

No sex for a week (some don't care), maybe PMS, full bathroom waste can, kinda obvious when naked, complaints about bloating, cramps, "give me chocolate or die", etc.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-07-2018, 12:09 PM

1,532 posts, read 1,061,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Who in 2018 isn't familiar with pre menstrual syndrome?? I mean the ramp up in chocolate consummation and the cranky attitude?? Sherlock Holmes need not take on this case.
“chocolate consummation”

Love it!

Old 01-07-2018, 01:02 PM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
I'm sure my husband is able to crack the code when he sees tampon wrappers in the bathroom wastebasket.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:37 PM

52,268 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
“chocolate consummation”

Love it!
Yeah that darn autocorrect got me and I missed the window to fix it.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:38 PM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
Not really surprising at all - lunar cycle is 28 days which is supposedly the average length... and the actual timing of it happens by chance. Of course, women's cycles can easily range from 20-35 days in which case it might be a little harder for guys to figure out.
I always thought the 28 days was an old wives' tale thing. Mine was never that regular, and the cycle never that short. It was somewhere around 32 or 35 days and sometimes would go longer, so only when I was feeling very tired at around 45 days did I suspect that I might be pregnant.

Then my own sister mentioned that she knew immediately that she was pregnant because her cycle was 28 days all the time from the time she started menstruating. I was shocked.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:47 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I always thought the 28 days was an old wives' tale thing. Mine was never that regular, and the cycle never that short. It was somewhere around 32 or 35 days and sometimes would go longer, so only when I was feeling very tired at around 45 days did I suspect that I might be pregnant.

Then my own sister mentioned that she knew immediately that she was pregnant because her cycle was 28 days all the time from the time she started menstruating. I was shocked.
I am always running around doing stuff out side the house. So when I am actually home it is because I am drained. It us literally like some one unplugged me. I get the 7 days heavy bleeding horror movie gore situation ... no 5 day light bleed situation. Once it starts it is hard to miss.... but knowing the advance signs it was going to start surprised me.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:57 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
I am responsible for the kitchen; dishes and cooking. I'm a better cook. I don't mind helping with things that are not normally my responsibility.

Even in separation, I still take on the same choirs in the house. I am at the house cooking on Sundays for the entire family's lunches for the next week. Heck, I cook extra and provide some to my friends who either don't have the resources or time to cook.

Seems to me that if you married someone who isn't willing to help out their spouse or take a share of the responsibilities, there is an opportunity to work something out. I never seem to understand why someone would have a low opinion of men and still marry that type of man. If you want a man that doesn't mind doing laundry, kitchen duty, and other housemech type stuff, it should have been vetted out during dating.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships