Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2018, 01:57 AM

12,652 posts, read 14,783,052 times

Advertisements

^ Yep, I think that's just as bad too. I personally think BOTH genders should date around their similar age. From the older woman's perspective, she probably thinks..."men have been dating younger women for yrs, so why can't I?" OR "a young guy makes me feel young & sexy again." Eh. Obviously, she doesn't have the self esteem to not do that.

And why a young guy would want an old woman, I'll never understand it...unless he's looking for a sugar mama who'll take care of him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 06:03 AM

135 posts, read 96,239 times
My dad is living with the consequences of a situation that started out just like yours! Get out of it now while you can! It's to late for my dad and now at his age he's having a very tough time of it. My dad should be enjoying his golden years now, instead he's living in pure hell! All because of a girl like your girl friend. Please be smart and do the right thing, I beg of you!

Old 01-10-2018, 07:39 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,914,778 times
You bought her a car? Come on, man. And people gave me a hard time for paying off the balance of my fiancée’s car after we had been together for 3 years....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
^ Yep, I think that's just as bad too. I personally think BOTH genders should date around their similar age. From the older woman's perspective, she probably thinks..."men have been dating younger women for yrs, so why can't I?" OR "a young guy makes me feel young & sexy again." Eh. Obviously, she doesn't have the self esteem to not do that.

And why a young guy would want an old woman, I'll never understand it...unless he's looking for a sugar mama who'll take care of him.
Why don’t you just let people date people of the age they want to? Why is this always a cause of controversy on here? Guy wants to date a younger woman, who cares? Woman wants to date a younger man, who cares?

Old 01-10-2018, 07:42 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,004,675 times
How is she "trying to get a veterinary degree"? Is she in vet school?

Old 01-10-2018, 07:58 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,628,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassnon View Post
For starters, I am 44 and my girlfriend is 25. And have been together for 10 months. We met online and at first everything was great, we did fun activities together, had great conversations, had great chemistry, etc etc. She moved in with me and things were fine... At first.

I have helped her with some things, some of which many may consider excessive. For example, her car was having some bad engine trouble so I bought her a new car, she didn't have much so I have bought her some clothes, jewelry, etc. I have also helped pay her tuition as she is trying to get a veterinary degree and since she had a crappy phone that was bad and constantly had problems, I bought her the new iPhone X. She always seemed appreciative of it all. But three weeks ago she got fired from her wal mart job, for not coming in and had used all her sick days.

She has said she has been looking but I haven't seen her go to any interviews or anything like that and she keeps telling me that she is still looking. Meanwhile she spends most of her time on her phone, talking with friends, watching youtube/Netflix etc.

When I ask her how her job hunt is going she gets defensive. Yet she has asked me to buy her new clothes and such. We still do things together, including sex which is pretty good I wont lie, I still feel as if she is taking advantage of me.
Dude, you shouldn't feel like she's using you....you are ENABLING her! You are giving her everything after 10 months for no real reason. You're basically paying for her to bang you. I mea, you let her move in with you (I'm assuming she's not paying any rent), and you bought her a NEW car and a iPhone X...a $1000 phone?! WHY!?! Why not just help her fix her old car and give her an older phone like a iPhone 5 or 6 for a gift, but an iPhone X?

You enabled her to act this way. You were the weak beta-male who let this girl walk all over you and now she basically thinks she can do whatever she wants and you'd just say ok and pay for it/do it...which is what you're doing. I mean, ONLY 10 MONTHS ?!!? Damn dude, she saw you coming and took advantage of you.

Stop enabling her. Give her a time limit to her place and kick her out. You're letting a girl almost half your age control your life. Wake up, dude. Grow some balls. I'm saying this to be nice to you. Because you aren't going to get anywhere with this chick. You say she's on the phone a lot...I bet you she's probably looking for dudes her own age to hook up with while you pay for everything. DROP THIS GIRL, NOW!

Old 01-10-2018, 08:01 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,914,778 times
Yeah, this has little to do with the age gap. I’ve seen plenty of people in relationships with a significant age gap, and it wasn’t anything close to this.

The OP got himself into this mess, plain and simple. The warning signs must have been screaming at him very early on. He was either clueless or just blinded by her.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:05 AM

34,121 posts, read 18,368,689 times
Some men do get into this "Fatherly" role with some younger women in which they are in a romantic relationship. It is a little weird, and creepy, but some women like it. A lot of women DO want to be taken care of, and not have to work, nor be responsible for their finances.

Old 01-10-2018, 08:25 AM

6,512 posts, read 8,300,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rassnon View Post
For starters, I am 44 and my girlfriend is 25. And have been together for 10 months. We met online and at first everything was great, we did fun activities together, had great conversations, had great chemistry, etc etc. She moved in with me and things were fine... At first.

I have helped her with some things, some of which many may consider excessive. For example, her car was having some bad engine trouble so I bought her a new car, she didn't have much so I have bought her some clothes, jewelry, etc. I have also helped pay her tuition as she is trying to get a veterinary degree and since she had a crappy phone that was bad and constantly had problems, I bought her the new iPhone X. She always seemed appreciative of it all. But three weeks ago she got fired from her wal mart job, for not coming in and had used all her sick days.
Did she ask for these things? Do you feel like she manipulated you to buy or do these things for her?

If the answer is Yes, then she is using you.

If the answer is No, she's just taking advantage of your generosity.

But you've set the tone for this relationship which is that you're "taking care of her".

Old 01-10-2018, 09:11 AM

1,205 posts, read 1,178,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieFan View Post
Did she ask for these things? Do you feel like she manipulated you to buy or do these things for her?

If the answer is Yes, then she is using you.

If the answer is No, she's just taking advantage of your generosity.

But you've set the tone for this relationship which is that you're "taking care of her".

I'm pretty much thinking this word for word.

If you never gave her big items or have her move in would she be with you still? No idea but that is important to consider.

OP- what do you have in common with this girl that you enjoy so much? She doesn't seem ambitious or independent and has no desire to be either yet you seem successful. I am just curious. I date younger but we generally are even on a bunch of key points that makes age immaterial.

Old 01-10-2018, 09:18 AM

531 posts, read 381,190 times
Here what you do OP. Stop spend money on her. Eventually she'll break up with you and you will be free from that leech. Until then though, save your money and enjoy the great sex while it lasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships