Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 04:34 PM

6,451 posts, read 9,814,509 times

Advertisements

I wouldnt want to walk into a womans room and it be decorated like she was still in high school lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2018, 08:44 AM

531 posts, read 384,520 times
I don't care care what a woman's bed room looks like. As long as there is a bed in it, that's enough decoration.

Old 01-15-2018, 08:48 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
What if it was clean but crammed full of dolls?
That's hot. Or clowns.

This Real Estate Listing is Unexpectedly Terrifying If You Hate Clowns

Old 01-15-2018, 08:59 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
I have noticed that men seem to appreciate when a woman shows that she is feminine. I'm not talking about high school level unicorns and bunnies and pink everything, but flowers and flower motifs are alright. I'd be looking to send the message that a woman lives there, but tread carefully so that you're not old-lady-ish, not too little-girl-ish, not excessively sexual (like no red/black color scheme unless you're trying to project "Dominatrix") and above all, clean.

Beyond that, what kind of man are you into? If you prefer the intellectual type, maybe some well curated literature in a small bookcase would be appropriate. If you like the outdoorsy, salt of the earth kind of guy, then a few pieces of art depicting pastoral landscapes or woodlands or something like that. I would also display some things that say, "I have character, here is a thing about me" that provide conversation starters and clues to who you are, if you can.

Of course some of us just decorate as we please and if a man likes us, then he'll probably appreciate our style. I'm an odd decorator, but I'm an odd person. Anyone who prizes normalcy hasn't much business in my home, let alone my bedroom.

Old 01-15-2018, 09:07 AM

3,850 posts, read 4,153,368 times
Quote:
No the OP is a woman. She doesn't want men who make it into her bedroom to run out screaming.
Exactly. I think I was misguided on this for a while. I never did anything flowery (not to my taste anyway) but I spent a long time with red satin bedding from Victoria's Secret (which I actually did like). I also had a leopard print comforter with black sheets for longer than I care to admit.

Old 01-15-2018, 10:14 AM

20,722 posts, read 16,372,564 times
I think anything that screams "boudoir" rather than bedroom is not a great choice.

That said, once a guy is in the bedroom is he gonna leave because of the decor?

Old 01-15-2018, 12:41 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
No the OP is a woman. She doesn't want men who make it into her bedroom to run out screaming.
Now I am envisioning a parade of men circulating in and out of the OP's bedroom.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:03 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Now I am envisioning a parade of men circulating in and out of the OP's bedroom.
It can be a test. Whoever can stand the [lace/animal prints/unicorn wallpaper/chevron bedding] the longest, wins THE PRIZE.

lolol

Old 01-15-2018, 01:09 PM

20,390 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
To me, this sounds more like someone who hopes that one particular man will be pleased enough to stick around. A woman who can easily enough have a parade of them won't especially care what they think of how she decorates. Sounds like she's concerned about someone's opinion.

Gotta say, I was fairly pleased that the man I chose to be serious with, has decorating habits that work with my own. We're both collectors with lots of nerdy interests. We both love art. Hence my sentiment that it's largely a matter of reflecting some compatibility. We're both content to live in a place decorated with dragons and swords and such.

Old 01-15-2018, 01:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Chevron is just so over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships