Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2018, 10:59 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
If a guy is telling you they just want a fling, they probably have a girlfriend and/or wife.

If I was actively looking for a female online, I wouldn't say that I was only interested in a fling.

To be honest, if something ever happened to my relationship, I'd prob just make an ad and say I want a girl that makes really good money and that looks aren't important.

I'd try to get me a stable of females making me money. That would be my objective. So if the guy isn't doing what I just said, major red flag.

I don't think any lady THAT well-off needs to go hunting ads to find a guy willing to out with her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 11:40 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsadaisy View Post
Well we went out and it was fun The food was pretty great and one of the nicest places I’d ever been to actually. Once again, AMAZING food. And he’s a nice person and knows a lot about... everything lol. We were going to see a movie but there wasn’t anything out we wanted to see. We did kiss but nothing else... I had a really good time. I was really nervous about it but once I met him all of that went away. My fave place we went to was this dessert place and it had the best cheesecake I have had ever in my life. He even bought me a whole one to take home.

We want to go out again but I’ve been working late shifts lately :/
Good for you, I'm happy for you that you chose to go and enjoyed your time!

Old 01-26-2018, 11:50 AM

20,391 posts, read 14,661,936 times
Quote:
Well we went out and it was fun The food was pretty great and one of the nicest places I’d ever been to actually. Once again, AMAZING food. And he’s a nice person and knows a lot about... everything lol. We were going to see a movie but there wasn’t anything out we wanted to see. We did kiss but nothing else... I had a really good time. I was really nervous about it but once I met him all of that went away. My fave place we went to was this dessert place and it had the best cheesecake I have had ever in my life. He even bought me a whole one to take home.

The one bit of advice I would give someone who is involved with a casual relationship, that I had to learn the hard way, is this...

If you begin to have feelings for him, you will WANT to tell him that. You might even be ok with him not feeling the same way for you, or with keeping the relationship going exactly as it has been, and you'll think that this can work, after all, you feeling loving things shouldn't change a thing! You'll be in a state of bliss, gazing at this man, feeling wonderful, and....music is playing...the moonlight is lovely....*sigh*....

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T TELL HIM YOU LOVE HIM.

DON'T DO IT!!!

I didn't know, but no matter how careful you are to not make him feel confined, if you confess to feeling loving things for him, you're breaking the "casual relationship" rules. Guys can't handle that. No matter how much you say that it changes nothing, they are just sure that any minute you want to make babies and pick out China patterns. If you start feeling shmoopy, lovey stuff, keep it SHH! Or he'll bolt.

Also...try to be in the moment and enjoy yourself. You'll have a great time, probably a number of great times! Just remember that sooner or later, it will come to an end and you'll have to be there for yourself and be ok.

I'm glad you had fun! I hope you get to keep having fun for a while!

Old 01-26-2018, 12:28 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,189,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I don't think any lady THAT well-off needs to go hunting ads to find a guy willing to out with her.
It would be more of a business arrangement to be honest.

Old 01-26-2018, 12:39 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
It would be more of a business arrangement to be honest.
What, exactly, is your contribution?

Old 01-26-2018, 03:23 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:

Sounds good

Have fun! Be careful

Old 01-26-2018, 03:49 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,725,051 times
Quote:
But I’m lonely and miss being with someone. And I would like to try something new.

Its tough because I want to try it, but another part of me feels guilty for wanting that. I’m a religious person and morals mean something to me. I struggle with feeling guilt if I don’t try to live by my morals.

Idk, do you think I should? How is casual dating for you?
You, not us, need to resolve the conflict between your loneliness and your religious values. It must be a hard one for you. I suspect you will work your way through it and, whatever you decide and do, I hope you come through it without feeling guilty.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:32 PM

2,916 posts, read 3,000,773 times
You wanna smash, so go for it.

At least he's honest in letting you know that's all he wants. Obviously he's physically attractive enough that you're willing to overlook your core values. Just don't get upset when he disappears after that wild night of fun.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:17 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
I hope upsadaisy has something of a grasp on birth control.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:28 AM

20,106 posts, read 9,018,880 times
the guy is upfront about it, may sound crude, but he's looking for a sperm receptacle. Now it's up to you to decide if that's what you want to be. Not to judge you, do what you feel comfortable with.

ps .... someday someone will be looking for more than that, how comfortable will you be admitting to him you enjoyed casual sex with XX number of guys?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships