Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2018, 10:29 PM

24 posts, read 31,690 times

Advertisements

In college and high school, it was pretty easy - you're around girls all day long everywhere you go. After college though man, the difficulty level has just been raised up about a 1000 points. Let's be realistic here

- You can't do online dating nowadays unless you're a 10/10 male. Even most mildly decent looking mid 20s women on dating sites are insanely realistic about their standards and want prince charming. This disqualifies 99.9% of men. Even a lot of really good looking guys I talk to say they tried online dating and were horrified with the (lack of) results.

- The PUA scene glorifies the cold approach as a great way to approach women but that's only really an option for guys who are okay with getting rejected 100 times for every 1 date they get. The vast majority of women don't want some douchebag at a gym or a store hitting on them. I say get rejected 100 times for every 1 date for guys who are actually good looking and find it very easy to chat up random strangers. For the average guy out there who hates talking to strangers, the rejection level is more like 10,000 for every 1 date.

So how does everybody do it? Is everybody just getting lucky meeting women through friends or their co-workers?

Old 01-17-2018, 11:02 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Uh oh. Late 20's? Chicago suburbs? Car salesman?

We can't give you any advice that you haven't already read on your other 40 threads. If you'd taken some of that advice back then, you probably wouldn't still be here now. There's no use going through the another 15 pages of the same warmed-over advice.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Uh oh. Late 20's? Chicago suburbs? Car salesman?

We can't give you any advice that you haven't already read on your other 40 threads. If you'd taken some of that advice back then, you probably wouldn't still be here now. There's no use going through the another 15 pages of the same warmed-over advice.

I'm not looking for any advice

I'm just curious how other men do it

Old 01-17-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LoveofGod View Post
I'm not looking for any advice

I'm just curious how other men do it
They're not you. That's how they do it. They're ok with 100 rejections to get one decent date. And as you know, from the last 40 threads, some of them join activity groups, co-ed sports, and so on, to meet women, and for some, it pays off.

Didn't you have some distant cousins in Armenia your mom was going to set you up with? It's time to play that card, and to leave us alone. And fwiw, I hear Georgia is a happening place, for those with romance on their mind. Lots of Georgians in the US, too.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:19 PM

Quote:
They're not you. That's how they do it. They're ok with 100 rejections to get one decent date.
vast majority of guys I talk to say they hate rejection and hate cold approaches

I probably know 1 guy who is okay with the grind of approaching a 100 women and getting rejected by 99 of them

Quote:
some of them join activity groups, co-ed sports, and so on, to meet women, and for some, it pays off.
It's funny you say this

My best friend tried to set up a co-ed softball league and it was a miserable failure. None of the girls he knew wanted to join

Old 01-17-2018, 11:22 PM

Quote:
vast majority of guys I talk to say they hate rejection and hate cold approaches

I probably know 1 guy who is okay with the grind of approaching a 100 women and getting rejected by 99 of them

It's funny you say this

My best friend tried to set up a co-ed softball league and it was a miserable failure. None of the girls he knew wanted to join
You know better than that. You're well aware that the city Parks Dept. organizes soccer leagues, volleyball leagues, and probably the football league you (used to?) participate in. They also have other types of activities: co-ed martial arts, theater groups, etc. etc.

We've been through this before. Why are we doing it again???!!!

:headbang:

Old 01-17-2018, 11:28 PM

Quote:
You know better than that. You're well aware that the city Parks Dept. organizes soccer leagues, volleyball leagues, and probably the football league you (used to?) participate in. They also have other types of activities: co-ed martial arts, theater groups, etc. etc.
[/b]

:headbang:
I'm telling you, I've tried and it's nowhere near as easy as you think it is. I've wanted to join a co-ed softball and volleyball league for a while to no avail

But even then, what are the odds I meet what I want? a cute, fit girl with a professional career who is smart but still super nice?

Old 01-17-2018, 11:34 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,415,942 times
Quote:
I'm telling you, I've tried and it's nowhere near as easy as you think it is. I've wanted to join a co-ed softball and volleyball league for a while to no avail

But even then, what are the odds I meet what I want? a cute, fit girl with a professional career who is smart but still super nice?
Don't you mean 'who'? 'What' is used for an object. Freudian slip?

You and every guy on the planet is looking for what you've described - good luck standing out.

Old 01-17-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:

Why not? Why would you assume that's not possible? How do you think the cute, fit, professional women stay fit? What is your PROBLEM?!! You keep sabotaging yourself. If you don't think your "type" is going to be anywhere, where you decide to look, why not lock yourself in your panic room at home, and live out your life there? Your mom could come over and push food underneath the door to you 3 times a day, and you could listen to your fave music. Beats all the aggravation you're going through, doesn't it?

Old 01-17-2018, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Don't you mean 'who'? 'What' is used for an object. Freudian slip?

You and every guy on the planet is looking for what you've described - good luck standing out.
RE: the underlined---not at all. He means the cute, fit Barbie doll type he's after. They make a Gym Barbie, now, you know, and they're making them in a variety of ethnicities. They make Latino ones. Right up the OP's alley.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.