Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 03:00 PM

25 posts, read 18,534 times

Advertisements

I hope it's going in a good direction because we went out today (Saturday evening and he asked me out during the week) and before leaving he said that he wants to meet next week and if needed he'll fix his schedule so that there's time for us to meet I noticed something when we were talking and I don't know if it meant anything but he was touching his ear and pulling on it quite a lot and he was also 'fixing' his shirt, mainly sleeves, a lot. Could it mean that he was not comfortable talking with me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 03:09 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WomanInTheMirror View Post
I hope it's going in a good direction because we went out today (Saturday evening and he asked me out during the week) and before leaving he said that he wants to meet next week and if needed he'll fix his schedule so that there's time for us to meet I noticed something when we were talking and I don't know if it meant anything but he was touching his ear and pulling on it quite a lot and he was also 'fixing' his shirt, mainly sleeves, a lot. Could it mean that he was not comfortable talking with me?
I kind of do the same thing. The physical gestures are his method of calming his anxiety because being around a woman in a dating sense can be tough for someone who has walls up already and anxiety.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:04 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Did you guys kiss good night or anything?

Did he say anything specifically about you or the two of you - he really likes being with you, you look pretty tonight, he can't wait to see you again?

Old 01-27-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Did you guys kiss good night or anything?

Did he say anything specifically about you or the two of you - he really likes being with you, you look pretty tonight, he can't wait to see you again?
We didn't kiss, but the rest he said. I don't know if he wanted to kiss me or not but when he walked me back to my car he stood there with me for about half an hour even though I said twice that I should go already and when I made a move to actually go, he kept talking and was generally 'moving around' a lot. I mean I rather stood in one place, and he kept moving from one side to the other. I remember that when I turned my back to him for a moment to show sth to him and I turned back to him he moved much closer to me (he was standing right behind me). We've talked a bit after I got back home (he wanted me to send him a message when I get home) and he mentioned our next week meeting.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
We didn't kiss, but the rest he said. I don't know if he wanted to kiss me or not but when he walked me back to my car he stood there with me for about half an hour even though I said twice that I should go already and when I made a move to actually go, he kept talking and was generally 'moving around' a lot. I mean I rather stood in one place, and he kept moving from one side to the other. I remember that when I turned my back to him for a moment to show sth to him and I turned back to him he moved much closer to me (he was standing right behind me). We've talked a bit after I got back home (he wanted me to send him a message when I get home) and he mentioned our next week meeting.
Wow...can he just be really, really socially awkward?

Because I mean it seems like he really likes you, but he literally seems afraid.

I don't know of this is as much about being hurt as perhaps it is just a severe social anxiety.

He doesn't sound lukewarm at all, he is eagerly making plans...maybe he is just super, super, super shy and nervous.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:28 PM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
We've been messaging with each other for about 3 weeks now and we've known each other for about half a year but talked only a few times. 3 weeks ago after our first (quite long) 'text conversation' he invited me to a party where I wouldn't know anyone except for him and I didn't feel too comfortable spending the night with a group of people I've never seen in my life so I rejected the invitation but I explained that if we had known each other longer I would have accepted it. He said that he understood me and asked if this means that one day I'll agree to go somewhere with him and I said yes.

When we talk with each other it usually goes for a day or a day and a half (we reply when we've got time during work and then we talk all evening after work almost without delays). We joke around a lot, tease each other, talk about some more serious things, sometimes complement each other, he asks questions like what guys I'm attracted to, sometimes jokes about how it would be if we got married or drops some sexual innuendos (nothing creepy, it just comes up naturally during the joking and is not too frequent), what my plans are, what I want my husband to be, etc. When he sees me he smiles a lot or even grins and makes a lot of eye contact which he didn't do before all that.

In one of the conversations he said that he was hurt in the previous relationships and that he's just become really careful and that one day he'll tell me about it. I have no idea how to go about all that. I don't want to pressure him and make him feel like he's bound to make huge commitments to me right now or whatever like that. I just would like to get to know him, see if he's attracted to me too and see if it could progress into anything but not necessarily over texting but I don't want to scare him away or hurt him. He's a really nice and it seems to me caring guy so I don't think that he's playing with me or whatever. Do you have any advice?
I’m sorry your post and thread title are a contradiction. Who’s trusting who? I suggest you bring the relationship into the real work and get off the fuggin phone and text dates.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Wow...can he just be really, really socially awkward?

Because I mean it seems like he really likes you, but he literally seems afraid.

I don't know of this is as much about being hurt as perhaps it is just a severe social anxiety.

He doesn't sound lukewarm at all, he is eagerly making plans...maybe he is just super, super, super shy and nervous.
Well, I'm a shy woman as well so I probably wasn't too encouraging and sending off too many signals, etc. He did tell me that he's never been too confident around women so maybe he's not sure about how I feel about him. Plus through messages there's a lot of flirting going back and forth but in person we were much more restrained (?). And he's not really socially awkward because I've seen him interacting with others on regular basis and he's confident. Actually, I'm the same way, but around men I change completely and become shy.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
I’m sorry your post and thread title are a contradiction. Who’s trusting who? I suggest you bring the relationship into the real work and get off the fuggin phone and text dates.
I've just added a post that we've actually met today and have talked about meeting next week as well.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:28 PM

1,701 posts, read 1,875,977 times
Quote:
We've been messaging with each other for about 3 weeks now and we've known each other for about half a year but talked only a few times.
You've known each other for 6 months but have only spoken 3 times and, I'm going to assume, been on 0 dates??? Forget it!! Unless he's a Chris Hemsworth look-a-like then move on.

Old 01-28-2018, 02:14 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
^^^^^ One reason why people shouldn't just read and answer the opening post and not the thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships