Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2018, 06:26 PM

581 posts, read 456,264 times

Advertisements

First off, you're not a loser. Everyone on the planet has had an awkward moment like that at some point in their lives.

However, just as a friendly piece of advice: with all the drama going on these days with sexual harassment, it may not be the best idea to get involved with someone from work. It usually doesn't end well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2018, 06:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 6 days ago)

35,627 posts, read 17,953,728 times
Have you thought about medication/therapy for anxiety?

Old 01-19-2018, 06:58 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang View Post
Ok, but talk to her about WHAT? About [bleep] weather or job or what?
I have no problems talking with girls I'm not attracted to or those that are not single(many of them ar SO hot, but I have no feelings towards them, so I can just talk, make laughs and even hug, no problems, so called friend zone). But once I'm in this position, I'm braindead lunatic.
Oh, come on! You're a Russian, or a Balt. Talk to her about anything: art, literature, philosophy, music, current events. Isn't that what you people do? Come on, you folks over there are famous for that. What do you mean, "Talk to her about what?!"

Pushkin! Talk to her about Pushkin. ....ok, I'm kidding. It's a joke. Never mind

Last edited by PJSaturn; 01-23-2018 at 03:31 PM..

Old 01-19-2018, 07:01 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
OK, here are some more ideas: ask her what her favorite restaurant is. Oh, wait, you don't go out to restaurants that much? hmm... favorite film, any film in town or a recent film. Ask her what books she reads, if any. Ask her her opinion of EU economic policies in relation to the Baltic States. Good, bad? Positive influence? Negative? Would the Baltics have been better off without EU assistance?

OR: if you're Estonian, ask her what she thinks of the relationship with Finland: good, bad, positive effect, negative?

Or, if that's too intellectual or boring, ask her what her favorite music is, her favorite band. Favorite museum in town. Are you in Riga? Ask her if she belongs to a Nicholas Roerich fan club.

That should work. lol OP, one of those ideas has got to work.

Old 01-19-2018, 08:42 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
KKBB, what are your interests? Music? Movies? Gourmet food, wines, rollerblading, traveling, reading, etc? Talk to her about what you like, because that is material you're familiar with. Better yet - why not ask her what the last movie was that she saw? What kind of food she likes? That way you can ask her out for a date and you can show how much you think of her by picking a movie that fits her interests, or a restaurant that serves her favorite cuisine.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:09 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
OP, you said you have no trouble talking to girls as just friends. Can you pull back and for those first couple of convos, pretend she's just a friend, too? Then let the conversation flow the way it would if the pressure were totally off.

After that ice is broken, the pressure WILL be off and you can start seeing if you can begin to develop something with her.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:13 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Kiss Bang Bang View Post
I've already lost too many oppurtunities to be happy.
That's not true - come on.

There's a way to be happy and not be dating her. You have to learn not to tie these interactions to your self worth.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:20 PM

6,931 posts, read 218,395 times
Keep in mind that she said “ You should talk to me more when at work”. All you need to do is initiate something (anything) and she will pick up the cue. Just keep it simple, and she will reciprocate. Use your charm. Maybe ask her to lunch?

Old 01-19-2018, 09:22 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,998,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SullyinOhio View Post
Keep in mind that she said “ You should talk to me more when at work”. All you need to do is initiate something (anything) and she will pick up the cue. Just keep it simple, and she will reciprocate. Use your charm. Maybe ask her to lunch?
Yeah.

Keep it simple, OP.

I wouldn't go thinking up any crafty lengthy discussion topics ahead of time. It WILL come out contrived and unnatural and you'll both just be so uncomfortable. Stay simple. A smile and a hello and a "what's going on?" or "I'm grabbing a bite, care to join me?"

She invited you to talk to her. Start out slowly, don't scare her with intensity or giant artsy topics, just talk to her as if she's a friend, and go from there.

JMO.

Old 01-19-2018, 09:40 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,247,100 times
"I'm not saying no but..." = letting you down easy.

Find someone outside of work especially with all your anxieties. That could be disastrous if it didn't work out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships