Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2018, 12:24 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,171,542 times

Advertisements

You're gonna get REKT!

Last edited by Jobster; 01-23-2018 at 12:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2018, 01:29 PM

336 posts, read 194,235 times
Also fellas, remember one very important thing. The advice you get here on this forum from certain people, is ony meant to see if your are foolish enough, to eliminate yourself from the mating pool. Literally, doing the exact opposite, will net you amazing results. its one big poop test, and if you follow their advice, you failed it. Example: "just be nice and dont be direct, dont push to get physical too early, talk about weather, puppies or some other made up reasons, buy her gifts, do things for her and make her feel like a princess. If she asks you to look after her purse or a jacket, make sure you do that like a good little watchdog" it goes on and on and on. Look for advice from people who succeed at the thing you are interested in.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:45 PM

777 posts, read 449,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
Well I’m 35, but I prefer a woman in her 50s. Not sure why. It’s kinda hard to find one that wants a younger guy my age, though
As a woman in her 50's who was on OLD recently, I'd say that maybe the good news is IF the woman isn't looking for something serious, and IS down for a casual relationship, you might find her as long as you are 100% clear you're not looking for money or equivalents (like having her pay for expensive recreational pursuits out of the bedroom) in any way, shape or form.

Me? I was looking for a relationship, and found one. I know myself well enough that casual sex just wrecks me emotionally - I bond - so I don't voluntarily partake. (So anyone who is suggesting you lie about wanting a relationship only to ghost after sex, just be aware that it hurts like a MF when it's done to someone, and don't take that advice)

If you're reasonably built, go for the shirtless pic in your profile, or otherwise play up your own sex appeal. Because as a general rule, I assumed such men were looking for sex and not a relationship, so I left them alone. You're looking for casual, so if you can appeal to the loins of a woman looking for something casual, it might just work for you.

I never would a relationship with a much younger man would last, so I never took anyone seriously who was more than 10 years younger. But you're not looking for someone like me, because I am relationship oriented.

Old 01-23-2018, 01:52 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,848,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
Also fellas, remember one very important thing. The advice you get here on this forum from certain people, is ony meant to see if your are foolish enough, to eliminate yourself from the mating pool. Literally, doing the exact opposite, will net you amazing results. its one big poop test, and if you follow their advice, you failed it. Example: "just be nice and dont be direct, dont push to get physical too early, talk about weather, puppies or some other made up reasons, buy her gifts, do things for her and make her feel like a princess. If she asks you to look after her purse or a jacket, make sure you do that like a good little watchdog" it goes on and on and on. Look for advice from people who succeed at the thing you are interested in.
Uh, who said this? Princess? Gifts?

What if it's the "just go for it b's-deep aggressively, kino her right away and make sure you announce to her - don't ask - that you and she will be having sex date" comments that are actually the ones designed to "take you out of the dating pool"?

Because let's face facts. The people talking about treating a woman really, really nicely are probably women. Right? Why the hell would women want men to take themselves out of the dating pool? We're glad to have MORE options.

Who DOES stand to benefit from a guy doing insane, aggressive stuff guaranteed to not only get him slapped but have the girl tell every one of her 350 Facebook friends about it so he can't date them either, ergo, he's out of the dating pool? You know...now there' s one less guy/competition...? Oh yeah. That's right...

Think about that second part. Think about it carefully.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:09 PM

20,216 posts, read 14,446,786 times
I do like the part where he says, "Look for advice from people who succeed at the thing you are interested in."

OK. I have been there and done that. Had casual flings with a number of men and a few women in my life. More significantly since this is a thread asking how men get women to go for this...I shared the impressively successful tactic employed by one man I know whose love life seems to consist exclusively of this kind of thing.

What is even more impressive, than the fact that he snares women for non-committed sexual flings, is that he manages after ending it to stay on good enough terms with MANY of us (at least if his Facebook is any indication) that he could pretty easily message a few ladies and get a sex date if he wasn't having any luck finding someone new.

But, he is charming, smart, and really good in bed. Not every man has those qualities working for him.

Old 01-23-2018, 02:40 PM

5,312 posts, read 6,077,733 times
Casual flings are a good looking mans game..a women has to find you very physically appealing to consider this..

Old 01-23-2018, 02:47 PM

336 posts, read 194,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I do like the part where he says, "Look for advice from people who succeed at the thing you are interested in."

OK. I have been there and done that. Had casual flings with a number of men and a few women in my life. More significantly since this is a thread asking how men get women to go for this...I shared the impressively successful tactic employed by one man I know whose love life seems to consist exclusively of this kind of thing.

What is even more impressive, than the fact that he snares women for non-committed sexual flings, is that he manages after ending it to stay on good enough terms with MANY of us (at least if his Facebook is any indication) that he could pretty easily message a few ladies and get a sex date if he wasn't having any luck finding someone new.

But, he is charming, smart, and really good in bed. Not every man has those qualities working for him.
He probably also doesnt listen to terrible dating advice, that all but eliminates him from contention. And how would you know how good he is in bed? exactly

Old 01-23-2018, 02:52 PM

174 posts, read 112,248 times
it really comes down to looks.

Old 01-23-2018, 03:20 PM

20,216 posts, read 14,446,786 times
Quote:
He probably also doesnt listen to terrible dating advice, that all but eliminates him from contention. And how would you know how good he is in bed? exactly
How was that not clear?

I was one of the recently divorced women who HAD a FB sort of a thing with him. It was great. Until I met the man I'm devoted to now, he was the best partner I'd ever been with.

It was, in a way, perfect. I didn't want a serious relationship then. I had too much stuff to process from the end of my marriage. I needed to "be alone" (as in, independent) but I still wanted to date and get laid and have a good time. I was finally free after 18 years of being chained to an abusive d-bag, you bet I wanted to have some fun.

Dude was perfect. We're still on good terms.

I don't see him needing advice, nor do I think of him as being in "contention" or competition, with other men. Can't explain it, but he seems...above the game, to some degree.

EDIT: He also is not THAT good looking (neither ugly, not exceptional)...fairly average and in his late 40's, though he's still got nice hair. But because he was formerly (for 22+ years) the singer of a well known local band, he's got a frontman's charisma and charm. He knows how to "work" people, as an entertainer learns to do, if that makes sense?

If James Spader had a bit of the Dad bod and a joker's smile...

Old 01-23-2018, 04:39 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,267,533 times
Quote:
A lot of people on here have given me excellent advice and have helped me out through a difficult time in my life. The others will basically get on you if you aren't successful with the opposite sex. I've seen some people say if you aren't good with men or women then you're a worthless loser which isn't cool to me. People will base how much sex you have to determine if you're a cool person or not. They'll use this as an excuse to tear you down and be cruel. I might not be very successful with women and not very charming but that shouldn't define me as a person I help people, have a great personality, but because I'm not screwing every woman that is breathing you can be considered a socially stunted loser. I know I'm going off on a rant.. But some people are jerks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships