Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2018, 12:51 PM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
The vast majority will say they want a relationship, even if truly all they want is something physical. .
Absolutely true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Women have the birth control pill, men don't. Women can avoid pregnancy if they don't want it.

All men can do is rubber up and hope the condom is infallible.

No, men can do more than that. I've never gotten anyone pregnant. Never worried about it. It's pretty easy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2018, 01:00 PM

45 posts, read 27,882 times
They are either good looking or have no problem sleepiing with ugly women.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:43 PM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,960 times
Any time that I've had casual flings/FWB's, they pretty much came out of just initially dating and no relationship/exclusivity coming out of it. That's really all it is and how it happens.

I've never went into these ''Flings'' (not that I've had many) with the mindset that I wanted just a casual fling or an FWB, or asked for it to be that way from the get go. It kind of just happened from dating them.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:45 PM

30,902 posts, read 32,992,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The joker2 View Post
They are either good looking or have no problem sleepiing with ugly women.
Or they really like women, and women gravitate toward that.

A man who truly loves women, engages with them, laughs with them is hella sexy. A man who can truly laugh and enjoy life, who is full of gusto, who really looks at a woman, enjoys her company...well...imagine how that would translate into bed. We women sure do.

That's not news but I thought I'd point it out.

Old 02-01-2018, 09:47 PM

639 posts, read 376,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
Women have the birth control pill, men don't. Women can avoid pregnancy if they don't want it.

All men can do is rubber up and hope the condom is infallible.

Gazzaa, birth control pills aren't infallible..

As much as I wish they were ..

Old 02-02-2018, 11:32 AM

20,378 posts, read 14,647,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Or they really like women, and women gravitate toward that.

A man who truly loves women, engages with them, laughs with them is hella sexy. A man who can truly laugh and enjoy life, who is full of gusto, who really looks at a woman, enjoys her company...well...imagine how that would translate into bed. We women sure do.

That's not news but I thought I'd point it out.
It's funny. I think some imagine, that a guy who has casual affairs with women must have no liking or respect for women. The most successful "player" I've ever known (I've talked about him) couldn't be more different, he really does seem to enjoy and respect women and appreciate their company. He just doesn't want to share his home, or entangle his life with another person. Even if he's not always right up front saying, "Look, I don't want a relationship" when he initiates the flings he participates in, he doesn't promise or offer what he cannot deliver, and I don't think most of the women who have sex with him wind up feeling unliked or disrespected or treated less than human.

Also, not all women desire a relationship. I know that sounds mad to many, but not all women do, any more than all men want to sleep with tons of women. I've known even young guys who really want a life partner, as I've known women who just wanted some (hopefully good) sex.

And I cannot emphasize that enough, that a guy who actually takes the time to know how to please a woman and isn't in bed with her just to get his...it really makes a big difference.

So if a woman wants casual sex, and a man gives her that, and both are happy and have a great time, no one ends up feeling used. That's quite nice.

Old 02-02-2018, 11:43 AM

Most of my casual dalliances (from FWBs to FBs) begin with some dates and one of us realizes we're not a good match for a romantic relationship, but we like each other or at least both really like the sex, so, we have more. Some are just women that don't want, or don't have time for, something deeper, which is especially common among women my age group.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:17 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,282,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Most of my casual dalliances (from FWBs to FBs) begin with some dates and one of us realizes we're not a good match for a romantic relationship, but we like each other or at least both really like the sex, so, we have more. Some are just women that don't want, or don't have time for, something deeper, which is especially common among women my age group.

This is very true. As we get older, you run into more women who have already been there and done that. You add to the equation of her being financially independent and there's less tolerance for dealing with a man's BS.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:36 PM

5,573 posts, read 3,346,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
This is very true. As we get older, you run into more women who have already been there and done that. You add to the equation of her being financially independent and there's less tolerance for dealing with a man's BS.
Women also tend to have better social networks compared to men, especially if both married and divorced by 40 or so. Married women frequently maintain family ties and maintain or develop new relationships better than married men do. Men rely, or over rely, on their wives for social connection as both a result of and a cause of their loosening ties with family and friends, so they are doubly smacked when they divorce.

Old 02-02-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Women also tend to have better social networks compared to men, especially if both married and divorced by 40 or so. Married women frequently maintain family ties and maintain or develop new relationships better than married men do. Men rely, or over rely, on their wives for social connection as both a result of and a cause of their loosening ties with family and friends, so they are doubly smacked when they divorce.

Absolutely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships