Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 07:20 PM

23 posts, read 138,368 times

Advertisements

I want people's opinions on this dating site. I've been on it for 6 months and nothing really is happening besides a bunch people lying adn pretending to want a relationship and when you want to take it a little further they want to still keep their profile on. Does anybody have anything good to say about this site or is it just me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2008, 08:05 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,009,800 times
Havent tried it so nothing I can say other then I wouldnt do a dating site.. Not sure why.. just wouldnt..

Old 03-21-2008, 09:42 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,809,216 times
Obviously "they" don't want to take the relationship any farther. I'd drop them like a rock if your looking for something more. Your probably gonna have to cull a hundred or so just to get one you'd consider for a serious relationship. If your not willing to put forth the effort and put up with the BS...you may as well look elsewhere. Good luck.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:45 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,007,993 times
As with ANY method of finding dates, you're going to have to sift through quite a few duds before you find your prince or princess on Match.com as well.

I chuckle every time I see their ads. Like THEY have the method to finding true love? Nah. At best they just point you in a direction, and from there, it's up to you.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:57 AM

thanks a lot for all your responses

Old 03-22-2008, 09:21 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,184 times
How does match.com compare w/ other dating Web sites, such as chemistry.com and eharmony.com? I guess one can even include craigslist.com, although that's a free site.

Old 03-22-2008, 10:03 AM

582 posts, read 2,038,342 times
it's nothing more than flirting and getting your hopes high.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:07 PM

22,137 posts, read 19,195,499 times
i used this site for close to a year. I liked their profiles because people seemed to put more time into them. I met several people through the site. Interesting, good "dating experience" but they didn't go anywhere in terms of long term anything. One guy was still married (guess he forgot to put that in the profile, and in any of the 3 months worth of e-mails prior to meeting). Another guy was great on paper but when we met after 3 months just sort of fizzled. Several people after writing for awhile sort of faded away.

drawbacks to online dating: people can fake who they are and they do. People can sound good on paper and then when you meet, not so great. However it is a good way to learn about each other before hand. I like hearing someone write or talk about themself. Still no substitute though for getting to know a real living person. For me it was just good "practice." don't do it anymore, would rather meet people in person.

Old 03-22-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DimSumRaja View Post
i used this site for close to a year. I liked their profiles because people seemed to put more time into them. I met several people through the site. Interesting, good "dating experience" but they didn't go anywhere in terms of long term anything. One guy was still married (guess he forgot to put that in the profile, and in any of the 3 months worth of e-mails prior to meeting). Another guy was great on paper but when we met after 3 months just sort of fizzled. Several people after writing for awhile sort of faded away.

drawbacks to online dating: people can fake who they are and they do. People can sound good on paper and then when you meet, not so great. However it is a good way to learn about each other before hand. I like hearing someone write or talk about themself. Still no substitute though for getting to know a real living person. For me it was just good "practice." don't do it anymore, would rather meet people in person.

What did yo do to meet people in person? any recommendations? besides bars where everybody is drinking and not giving a sh*t about you except who's going to pay for the next drink

Old 03-22-2008, 01:01 PM

5,412 posts, read 15,917,184 times
I know several people who have met on-line and got married. Most are still happily married today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships