Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 08:01 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,520,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Casual means no explanations are required.

Say it so the people in the back can hear you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 08:05 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,290 times
I recently got "ghosted." Cute Czech girl living in my city I was hanging out with. Tried to keep it casual but she kept trying to invite me for weekend trips to Prague and I just wasn't on board with weekend getaways with her. After the last time we hung out she wanted to stay the night, I said I had an early morning, didn't hear from her after that.

Call it ego preservation if you want but I'm pretty sure she got tired of my blasé attitude towards her and only hitting her up when I wanted some.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:07 AM

22 posts, read 15,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I don't think "casual" is for you, James.
It’s defintelty for me I just am brutally honest and tell someone when I’m done or not interested but if that’s the way people are doing it maybe I need to learn...this thread is more so trying to gather a general consensus from others about these type of interactions maybe I should have started this differently 🤔

Old 01-25-2018, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwings18 View Post
i recently got "ghosted." cute czech girl living in my city i was hanging out with. Tried to keep it casual but she kept trying to invite me for weekend trips to prague and i just wasn't on board with weekend getaways with her. After the last time we hung out she wanted to stay the night, i said i had an early morning, didn't hear from her after that.

Call it ego preservation if you want but i'm pretty sure she got tired of my blasé attitude towards her and only hitting her up when i wanted some.
total ego 😉

Old 01-25-2018, 08:12 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesoriley86 View Post
It’s defintelty for me I just am brutally honest and tell someone when I’m done or not interested but if that’s the way people are doing it maybe I need to learn...this thread is more so trying to gather a general consensus from others about these type of interactions maybe I should have started this differently ��
This isn't the first time it's happened to you, though, right?

As a woman, I do know that the prevailing reason I would totally stop talking to a guy I was having good sex with, assuming all other factors were generally positive, is if I were more into another guy.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:19 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,715,601 times
Only person who knows is her.

You either got ghosted because:
Sex wasn't good.
She met someone else.
She decided casual wasn't for her.
Could be a multitude of reasons.

How long are you going to ponder on this? I don't think ghosting is right either, it's actually cowardly depending on the situation. Maybe you overestimated your importance in her life, I don't know. However, I wouldn't dwell on it for too long. People are jerks.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
This isn't the first time it's happened to you, though, right?

As a woman, I do know that the prevailing reason I would totally stop talking to a guy I was having good sex with, assuming all other factors were generally positive, is if I were more into another guy.
Its happened twice, both with people who were totally into it and mentioned nothing but good things and I’ve also ended casual things myself but I take a different approach. Guess my confusion is if it’s good and what they wanted (per their words) why dissapaear without saying anything? Or is their just no justifying people like this..

Old 01-25-2018, 08:25 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Its happened twice, both with people who were totally into it and mentioned nothing but good things and I’ve also ended casual things myself but I take a different approach. Guess my confusion is if it’s good and what they wanted (per their words) why dissapaear without saying anything? Or is their just no justifying people like this..
As I intimated in your previous thread about ghosting, I don't think there's any justifying it, and as others have said here, there's no telling why she did it.

Only she knows.

Apparently a lot of people truly believe that casual sex does not warrant basic respect. That would tell me something about the validity of the idea as a whole.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:08 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Some people just don't want the emotional hassle of having that conversation. I can understand that because when I have ended a relationship with women, and gave them the reasons I no longer wanted to be romantically involved they got all mad, emotional, and sometimes downright mean.

Old 01-25-2018, 09:11 AM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,365 times
I wasn't aware that casual meant people could ignore common decency.

Wish I didn't know that now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships