Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 08:20 AM

3,564 posts, read 1,922,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
The point is most men won't be approached.
No.
You've misunderstood, or are misapplying, the 80/20 rule.

Most guys may not be approached by most women, but that's not the same as saying most men aren't approached.

It's also a reason to get over this absolute nonsense that women should be passive objects waiting for men to come and get them.

Last edited by CBeisbol; 01-25-2018 at 08:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 08:25 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
No.
You've misunderstood, or are misapplying, the 80/20 rule.

Most guys may not be approached by most women, but that's not the same as saying most men aren't approached.

It's also a reason to get over this absolute nonsense that women should be passive objects waiting for men to come and get them.
I don't believe women should be passive objects. I appreciate being approached and wish women would do so more.

And nah, I'm not misunderstanding the rule. There are plenty of men who have never been approached in a romantically inclined manner , IRL, their entire lives. I am comfortable saying the amount of women with the same experience is much lower.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:39 AM

Quote:
There are plenty of men who have never been approached in a romantically inclined manner , IRL, their entire lives.
And I'm saying that has less to do with those men and more to do with this idiot idea of women needing to wait to be approached.

But, until such time as that idiot relic from the past finally dies off men need to do something to separate themselves.

They don't need to be super handsome nor super rich - I'm certainly not. They. Just need to show they have something else that women are attracted to

Old 01-25-2018, 08:44 AM

1,199 posts, read 730,821 times
Quote:
And I'm saying that has less to do with those men and more to do with this idiot idea of women needing to wait to be approached.

But, until such time as that idiot relic from the past finally dies off men need to do something to separate themselves.

They don't need to be super handsome nor super rich - I'm certainly not. They. Just need to show they have something else that women are attracted to
No you were saying that most women approach. Now you're moving the goal posts to some silly social construct argument.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:45 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,370,179 times
Quote:
I think women, like men, approach men they are interested in.

So, no, Joe Average is not going to be interesting to, nor approached by, most women. But a guy who can set himself apart a little bit, and it's not that hard, just look around at what you're trying not to be, does get women approaching him.
Operative word here.

And many women initiate contact or approach men they're actually interested in. I did so with my high school boyfriend, others I dated after we broke up, the one guy at the downtown cafe I used to frequent when I was 18 (asked for his number), my first husband, now-husband, and multiple dozens of interests and dates.

If the guy piqued my interest or curiosity, I saw no reason to wait to be contacted or approached.

Old 01-25-2018, 08:54 AM

Quote:
No you were saying that most women approach.

Where so?

Old 01-25-2018, 10:55 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
So, are you still holding onto "fat chance" or is it somewhere between fat chance and frequently.
A mans chance of being approached in public by a "woman" romantically, I would say is in the rare category and not "happens frequently". Ive been engaged numerous times; more so by gay men, because men just dont care as much as woman when it comes to rejection. Blame testosterone for the reason why women really never had the need to approach.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:10 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,306,679 times
When a woman approaches me, I'm thinking she has an agenda and most of the time they do.

Less attractive woman approaches: needs help with something (directions, money, lifting something heavy)

More attractive woman approaches: trying to sell you something

Quite attractive woman approaches: Wants a donation for something

Very attractive woman approaches: Trying to scam you

These reasons are why I don't take a woman's approach serious at all nor I would encourage them to do it.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:14 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,347,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
With all the conversations and controversy in the arena of men and sexual propriety, is this the inevitable outcome? Has the proverbial pendulum swung far enough to the other side that we are now seeing a more or less organic movement towards a state where women are empowered to "make the first move" and essentially set the tone for dating and romance?
Women are already approaching men they are interested in so I don't see why not.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:15 AM

947 posts, read 1,186,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan27 View Post
When a woman approaches me, I'm thinking she has an agenda and most of the time they do.

Less attractive woman approaches: needs help with something (directions, money, lifting something heavy)

More attractive woman approaches: trying to sell you something

Quite attractive woman approaches: Wants a donation for something

Very attractive woman approaches: Trying to scam you

These reasons are why I don't take a woman's approach serious at all nor I would encourage them to do it.
Why would you think that? How could someone have an agenda against you based on they way they look, especially if they don't know you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships