Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2018, 11:15 AM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Yes! Welcome to the 1980s!

Have you seen this thing the kids are calling cable tv?
80s? This ain't the 80s...

*Looks in the mirror and sees a Jheri Curl and a midriff.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2018, 11:22 AM

6,450 posts, read 9,810,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings18 View Post
No you were saying that most women approach. Now you're moving the goal posts to some silly social construct argument.

if you go back and read that posters history you will see that's a common occurrence lol

Old 01-25-2018, 11:36 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Yes, women are more likely to make the first move these days.

I’ve had women make the first move on me. Nowadays I turn them down when it happens because it typically doesn’t work out and I find out I didn’t approach them first for a reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
He doesn't speak for all or even most men..as a guy who's shy and not good at approaching women I'd love to be approached..

I think most men don't mind it..how he reacts to it is gonna be judged on how attractive he finds the women..that's pretty much the same way a women reacts to a man approaching her..
Of course I don't speak for most men. I said "I" four times. Other guys may like women approaching them, I don't.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:39 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-Man View Post
Why would you think that? How could someone have an agenda against you based on they way they look, especially if they don't know you.
Cause it's what has happened to me.. After enough times, I saw that women aren't approaching me to be nice, they're approaching with intentions to get something or for a job. So I decided to make the approaches instead when I feel like it.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:54 AM

336 posts, read 195,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSykes View Post
With all the conversations and controversy in the arena of men and sexual propriety, is this the inevitable outcome? Has the proverbial pendulum swung far enough to the other side that we are now seeing a more or less organic movement towards a state where women are empowered to "make the first move" and essentially set the tone for dating and romance?
Yes, they most definitely should be, considering a man making a move nowadays, is considered sexual harassment. I just found out from many women that telling them a compliment in public, saying hello or good morning or opening the door for them, is sexual assault. sooooooo

Old 01-25-2018, 11:59 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,927,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
Yes, they most definitely should be, considering a man making a move nowadays, is considered sexual harassment. I just found out from many women that telling them a compliment in public, saying hello or good morning or opening the door for them, is sexual assault. sooooooo
Now I remembered why I’ve been spending less time here recently.

Time to go back into hibernation, I guess....

Old 01-25-2018, 12:07 PM

336 posts, read 195,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

Cant hide from the truth, unfortunately.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:26 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runninglikethieves View Post

Right!? Completely nonsensical.

Old 01-25-2018, 12:33 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,345,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1981 View Post
I found out that telling a woman to stop groping me in the library was sexual misconduct. go figure...

Old 01-25-2018, 01:04 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,998,989 times
I don't and won't approach men. Can't see that changing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships