Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2018, 06:37 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times

Advertisements

Sounds like your ex had ADHD or something. Most people aren’t like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2018, 07:01 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,082,729 times
This thread reminds me of the time my husband asked me where I had put his torque wrench.

Me: "Why are you asking me?"
Him: "Well, you had it!"
Me: "Really? When's the last time you saw me torqueing something??"

Old 01-28-2018, 07:39 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
Sounds like your ex had ADHD or something. Most people aren’t like that.
Right, that definitely sounds like an "OP's wife specifically" thing and not so much for married women or just women in general think.

And the thing with nagging that grinds my gears is a lot of times when a woman asks a question or makes a request, she gets labeled as a nag, especially if it's something that the guy knows is his responsibility and he's put off. So she says, "hey, are you going to fix that, or should I call a plumber?" and he lashes out, accuses her of nagging and shuts down the conversation.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:57 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Right, that definitely sounds like an "OP's wife specifically" thing and not so much for married women or just women in general think.

And the thing with nagging that grinds my gears is a lot of times when a woman asks a question or makes a request, she gets labeled as a nag, especially if it's something that the guy knows is his responsibility and he's put off. So she says, "hey, are you going to fix that, or should I call a plumber?" and he lashes out, accuses her of nagging and shuts down the conversation.
Ouch, yes.

It is a kind of a cruel position to put a person in, neglecting something until she pretty much has to take action, then smugly saying her mentioning it is the reason you're not going to do it - oh sure, you were magically JUST about to, and to put the last nail in: this is all evidence that she's a nag.

'Cuz...what??

Old 01-28-2018, 10:13 AM

6,931 posts, read 218,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused Husbandad View Post
1. Nag. Always have something negative, opinionated, or “oh I knew that before”. Just ****!!!
2. Procrastinate. Say stuff and never do it. Blame everyone but your DAYUM self.
3. Clutter. WTF do you need to keep receipts, paper bags, boxes that stuff comes in for?
4. Leave lights on, drawers open, doors open. Are you losing your DAYUM mind? You can’t be multitasking because you don’t do half of the crap you say you are going to,
5. Talk loud. Your lack of planning does not give you reason to spiral into a rut of hopelessness. If you know church is Sunday...every Sunday prepare in advance. LIKE I DO.

These are the biggest things I dislike and if I were to marry again would be no brainers before saying I do.
We lived together for five years before getting married, that was 33 years ago. We knew exactly what we were getting into. Also- We raised 3 kids who were each guilty of some of these.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:17 AM

294 posts, read 264,257 times
The Lord Jesus answered my prayer last night. He revealed very clearly that I am selfish. Welp, on to learn more about how I need to grow!!! I love and am thankful for my wife.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:24 AM

16,073 posts, read 21,148,356 times
That list could have been written about my ex husband, except for the bit about negativity. But living with a pollyanna is just as irritating. Someone could be dying and he'd try to come up with something positive to say about it, like at least they didn't have to worry about paying bills anymore.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:32 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
The Lord Jesus answered my prayer last night. He revealed very clearly that I am selfish. Welp, on to learn more about how I need to grow!!! I love and am thankful for my wife.
He has a way of doing that.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:32 AM

11,395 posts, read 24,452,731 times
Quote:
The Lord shoulda straightened you out a long time ago.

Old 01-28-2018, 10:45 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,977,761 times
Quote:
1. Nag. Always have something negative, opinionated, or “oh I knew that before”. Just ****!!!
2. Procrastinate. Say stuff and never do it. Blame everyone but your DAYUM self.
3. Clutter. WTF do you need to keep receipts, paper bags, boxes that stuff comes in for?
4. Leave lights on, drawers open, doors open. Are you losing your DAYUM mind? You can’t be multitasking because you don’t do half of the crap you say you are going to,
5. Talk loud. Your lack of planning does not give you reason to spiral into a rut of hopelessness. If you know church is Sunday...every Sunday prepare in advance. LIKE I DO.

These are the biggest things I dislike and if I were to marry again would be no brainers before saying I do.
Don’t all women do #1?

My wife is the opposite on 2 if she says she is going to do it likely it’s done by that day or end of weekend.

Clutter has picked up now with a baby but we both do our best to avoid or reduce. Mail is a bish though.

Lights I always turn off before going to bed st night drawers are not a problem.

Talk loud yes but she talks a lot and sometimes I have to tune her out and she’ll get louder as reaction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships