Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 11:26 PM

11,160 posts, read 7,964,064 times

Advertisements

What's the rush?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2018, 11:28 PM

35 posts, read 22,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpero824 View Post
Been hanging out with this woman for like 2 months, 12 dates.

everything has been good. she never flakes or cancels, actively tries to hang out, etc. hang out alot. i enjoy the sex, hopefully she does too lol. but she is normally pretty physical and escalates.

anyways, i told her around date 6-7, that i liked her and thought things were going well.

she didnt say anythign when i said i liked her. and she responded to me saying things were going well with "im having a good time"

however, afterwards, she did start textign me alot more.

fast forward a month. i bring it up again. i go, so where do you see us goiing? what do you think about us?

she goes "im still figuring that out. i dont think its time to stop hanging out."

im like do you see potential. she goes ya, and this is a good conversation to have, but lets ahve it next time. im pretty tired after that yoga class.(was a hard class)

At this point, I am starting to lose interest as I dont believe its going somewhere. Or is this a slightly emotional reaction?
You know that it takes women longer to feel love? My bf was constantly saying he loved me within two months too and I told him, it's too early for that. It takes time for some women. It took me awhile to fall for my bf. Take it slow and just enjoy yourself. If she's seeing you several times a week, that's a good sign. With work and workout, how much more free time can she have?

Old 01-30-2018, 05:54 AM

107 posts, read 69,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumi01 View Post
You know that it takes women longer to feel love? My bf was constantly saying he loved me within two months too and I told him, it's too early for that. It takes time for some women. It took me awhile to fall for my bf. Take it slow and just enjoy yourself. If she's seeing you several times a week, that's a good sign. With work and workout, how much more free time can she have?
there is a big difference between i love you and me asking a girl whta she thinks about us after like 15ish dates and 2 months and getting back " i dont think we should stop hanging out"

Old 01-30-2018, 08:42 AM

2,669 posts, read 2,092,040 times
Quote:
there is a big difference between i love you and me asking a girl whta she thinks about us after like 15ish dates and 2 months and getting back " i dont think we should stop hanging out"
I think you might want to have this conversation again in another month or so. But I would be very specific. Just ask her if she agrees to be exclusive with you and not to see other people. If she is still non committal after three months then you have your answer. I would then reduce the frequency of "hanging out" and start trying to see other women...

Old 01-30-2018, 11:54 AM

107 posts, read 69,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
I think you might want to have this conversation again in another month or so. But I would be very specific. Just ask her if she agrees to be exclusive with you and not to see other people. If she is still non committal after three months then you have your answer. I would then reduce the frequency of "hanging out" and start trying to see other women...
man, when i get to the point of reducign the hang otu frequencies, id rather just be done. lol.

Old 01-30-2018, 05:06 PM

242 posts, read 262,852 times
Quote:
Been hanging out with this woman for like 2 months, 12 dates.

everything has been good. she never flakes or cancels, actively tries to hang out, etc. hang out alot. i enjoy the sex, hopefully she does too lol. but she is normally pretty physical and escalates.

anyways, i told her around date 6-7, that i liked her and thought things were going well.

she didnt say anythign when i said i liked her. and she responded to me saying things were going well with "im having a good time"

however, afterwards, she did start textign me alot more.

fast forward a month. i bring it up again. i go, so where do you see us goiing? what do you think about us?

she goes "im still figuring that out. i dont think its time to stop hanging out."

im like do you see potential. she goes ya, and this is a good conversation to have, but lets ahve it next time. im pretty tired after that yoga class.(was a hard class)

At this point, I am starting to lose interest as I dont believe its going somewhere. Or is this a slightly emotional reaction?
It took my bf and I to commit after 1 year of dating. I enjoyed hanging out and we finally had the 'talk' after about 1 year. I don't like to rush into commitments and he doesn't either. It is better that way. People tend to commit very fast in my opinion and reply solely on feelings and then they realize after 1 or 2 years that they aren't compatible.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:21 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,406,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
It took my bf and I to commit after 1 year of dating. I enjoyed hanging out and we finally had the 'talk' after about 1 year. I don't like to rush into commitments and he doesn't either. It is better that way. People tend to commit very fast in my opinion and reply solely on feelings and then they realize after 1 or 2 years that they aren't compatible.
For me, a year would be WAY TOO long. I think somewhere between 3-6 months is a fair number. Potentially 2 months if everything is really going smoothly and well.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:55 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
For me, a year would be WAY TOO long. I think somewhere between 3-6 months is a fair number. Potentially 2 months if everything is really going smoothly and well.
Personally, it would be for me, too. There's such a thing as not rushing, for sure, but if it took me a whole year to feel "it" I would figure that (very important, IMO) - meaning enough of the "oomph" part of things to want to commit - part of the equation was missing.

If I still was on the fence whether to commit coming up on a year I wouldn't expect it to finally happen. I suppose it can, but for me, well before that, I definitely had made a decision, one way or another.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:57 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
I'm kind of a pig, but what has worked best for me is having fun and having sex and not pushing for anything more. Relationships seem to go more smoothly when the woman pushes for commitment.

I don't know why, but the more I only want sex the more women want relationships with me. Its always been the women I try to get commitment out of that run for the hills.
I agree with this. You are getting sex with no commitment. That is a lot of guys ideal situation. its win win for you. Usually if a girl sleeps with a guy for long enough and you don't screw anything up the girl gets attached. Wait for HER to bring up commitment.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:59 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
I agree with this. You are getting sex with no commitment. That is a lot of guys ideal situation. its win win for you. Usually if a girl sleeps with a guy for long enough and you don't screw anything up the girl gets attached. Wait for HER to bring up commitment.
It isn't his ideal situation.

He has said so many times now.

For him as with many guys I've known - good, quality guys, awesome guys, strong guys - sex without something more just gets hollow, and "I wish she loved me back" sex is even worse.

That's like some girl babbling "Girlfriend, WHAT? He has money. Money from some dude is every girl's ideal situation! Ha ha, use up his money until you find a BETTER guy with money...fist-bump!" when meanwhile...money just isn't that big a deal to the girl, she's seen money, she's spent it, big deal, BTDT...what she wants is a real actual relationship.

How is it a win-win for him when he isn't winning anything? Except probably developing deeper and deeper feelings over time the more times he's with her, only probably to be crushed eventually when SHE decides "Oh, all done, I found somebody I do want to be with...that was a win-win for me!"

I mean if I'm wrong about the intensity of his feelings then...no. Scratch that. I'm not wrong. I'd bet my left ovary on it.

You're a good guy, OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships