Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 07:03 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,242,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arushan View Post
If she really liked you, she would have already brought up the exclusivity conversation by now and gone out of her way to do so. Since she told you she's still "figuring things out", it probably means another guy is in the picture and you're just a convenient F-buddy. This won't end well. On to the next one.
Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 07:24 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Yep.
Meh, not necessarily. Some people prefer waiting longer than 2 months to be exclusive.

To me, if she's going out on dates with you and showing she's into you in some way and keeping in constant communication - then I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:30 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Meh, not necessarily. Some people prefer waiting longer than 2 months to be exclusive.
Yeah, but they're probably feeling in the meantime...

Her answer...I don't know...it was such a non-answer. A total side-step from the question at all.

I can see "Where do I see it going? Well, I know I like to take things slow...but I also know I'm crazy about you" or "I have no idea what the future holds but I am excited to see where we go from here" or even "I think we're smart not to jump into a commitment, but please know, I do have feelings for you" as someone just smartly holding off from jumping into exclusivity. But he's not getting anything like that.

"I'm still figuring that out. I don't think it's time to stop hanging out." I mean...yikes. It's not time? It's probably going to be at some point, then...? When it's completely run dry or something? She didn't even just say "I DON'T WANT to stop hanging out." She said it's not time...that is one darned chilly answer. Girl has one foot out the door.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:41 PM

4,415 posts, read 2,936,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
It isn't his ideal situation.

He has said so many times now.

For him as with many guys I've known - good, quality guys, awesome guys, strong guys - sex without something more just gets hollow, and "I wish she loved me back" sex is even worse.

That's like some girl babbling "Girlfriend, WHAT? He has money. Money from some dude is every girl's ideal situation! Ha ha, use up his money until you find a BETTER guy with money...fist-bump!" when meanwhile...money just isn't that big a deal to the girl, she's seen money, she's spent it, big deal, BTDT...what she wants is a real actual relationship.

How is it a win-win for him when he isn't winning anything? Except probably developing deeper and deeper feelings over time the more times he's with her, only probably to be crushed eventually when SHE decides "Oh, all done, I found somebody I do want to be with...that was a win-win for me!"

I mean if I'm wrong about the intensity of his feelings then...no. Scratch that. I'm not wrong. I'd bet my left ovary on it.

You're a good guy, OP.
Right. Well he wins sex at the minimum. I guess my real advice is to not push for commitment and hope she comes around and developes feelings. In reality that probably won't happen with this guy, so it's up to him to confront her, end it, or just accept the commitment won't happen and keep the sex.

Old 01-30-2018, 07:43 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,981,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Right. Well he wins sex at the minimum. I guess my real advice is to not push for commitment and hope she comes around and developes feelings. In reality that probably won't happen with this guy, so it's up to him to confront her, end it, or just accept the commitment won't happen and keep the sex.
If he can stay with that while holding back his feelings and if he won't be heartbroken if it ends anyway then this could work. This will be up to the OP. I agree that the above are his choices.

Old 01-30-2018, 09:59 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,520,312 times
If you're not on the same page with someone, date other people.

In this situation OP can start dating other women while he sleeps with this one. Maybe someone else will give him the type of relationship he is not getting from this woman. OR he can just tell her straight what he wants and if she isn't on the same page end it.

Life is too short to be in unsatisfying relationships. At least in my opinion.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:16 AM

107 posts, read 69,372 times
we talked last night. she pretty much said that overall sometimes she feels like we have potentail. sometimes she doesnt.

she says we have different perspectives on things and soemtimes she doesnt relate to what i say. when i asked why sometimes she doesnt.

she said she wants to still keep seeing eachother, but would understand if i wanted to take a break. but she wanted to keep the door open for the future if thats what i decide.

i left it as ok, lets just hang out casually no expectations.

and she responded with(this irritated me some)

" i want to have this conversation in person the next time we hang out. i dont want to hang out casually indefinetely. I want to get out of the dating game lol"

my feelings:
1. the part where she keeps insisting that we have to agree to get together in the future, if i want to stop hanging out now is confusing.

2. the part where she wants to talk about all this in person next time as she doesnt want to hang out casually indiefnetely is confusing. i never even asked her to exclusive or said anything heavy. if she wasnt ready for anything, why not be like ok, lets hang out casually no expectations.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:20 AM

777 posts, read 452,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpero824 View Post
we talked last night. she pretty much said that overall sometimes she feels like we have potentail. sometimes she doesnt.

she says we have different perspectives on things and soemtimes she doesnt relate to what i say. when i asked why sometimes she doesnt.

she said she wants to still keep seeing eachother, but would understand if i wanted to take a break. but she wanted to keep the door open for the future if thats what i decide.

i left it as ok, lets just hang out casually no expectations.

and she responded with(this irritated me some)

" i want to have this conversation in person the next time we hang out. i dont want to hang out casually indefinetely. I want to get out of the dating game lol"

my feelings:
1. the part where she keeps insisting that we have to agree to get together in the future, if i want to stop hanging out now is confusing.

2. the part where she wants to talk about all this in person next time as she doesnt want to hang out casually indiefnetely is confusing. i never even asked her to exclusive or said anything heavy. if she wasnt ready for anything, why not be like ok, lets hang out casually no expectations.
Was this a text conversation? If so, have the conversation in person. So much can be misunderstood by text. I nearly had my current relationship blow up over text misunderstandings, but I kept my cool, had the conversation in person where things got resolved and we both were clear on expectations.

Don't do this by text, I beg of you.

Old 01-31-2018, 10:35 AM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
Was this a text conversation? If so, have the conversation in person. So much can be misunderstood by text. I nearly had my current relationship blow up over text misunderstandings, but I kept my cool, had the conversation in person where things got resolved and we both were clear on expectations.

Don't do this by text, I beg of you.
Agreed.

Things like this are better said in person (or if not possible at that time, then over the phone).

Old 01-31-2018, 10:35 AM

20,756 posts, read 19,947,491 times
If you both would be madly in love, you would not only have 6 dates per month.

Just sayin ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships