Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 11:22 PM

777 posts, read 452,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Technically speaking, women in general (not necessarily every woman in particular) always have more options because men approach women far more than women approach men. This not meant to bash women or men, or to complain, or to demand millions of years of biology be changed. It is a simple fact. A man's options are generally limited to the women he pursues, while a women has whatever men she pursues as well as whatever men pursue her.

Now, that does not mean all those options are GOOD ones. I get it - even as I guy, I do understand that women get hit upon by plenty of men in which they have no interest. But still, women do have more options in general, even if digging through them for compatible men is a tedious process.
While I won't argue that in general men approach women more than women approach men, and appreciate your acknowledgement that not all approaches are welcome and desirable, I must nitpick.

Why are a man's options generally limited to the women he pursues? Why are women who pursue him not an option? Oh, is he pursued by women he's not interested in or attracted to? But wait, women are pursued by men in whom we are not interested nor attracted to.

If you're going to count undesirable men in hot pursuit as "options", you have to count undesirable women in hot pursuit as well.

Old 02-05-2018, 08:45 AM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
... The idea is that women in droves are playing around then ZOMG are all alone, childless and desperate at 30.

Nope nope nope. My stats AND yours prove this is not overwhelmingly the case. So, thank you for that.
I have had female friends who stayed single into their mid-30s, when being alone and childless, they became desperate and quickly married the first guy they could get to date them.

I am not saying it happens in 'droves', but it does happen.

I think that when a female maintains high standards through her 20s, it can carry into her 30s before she suddenly realizes that her child-bearing years are nearly over. Those former 'high standards' are completely swept aside at that point.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:12 AM

901 posts, read 747,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I have had female friends who stayed single into their mid-30s, when being alone and childless, they became desperate and quickly married the first guy they could get to date them.

I think that when a female maintains high standards through her 20s, it can carry into her 30s before she suddenly realizes that her child-bearing years are nearly over. Those former 'high standards' are completely swept aside at that point.
There was an article a few weeks ago about a woman who froze her eggs. She had her career but when it came time none of the frozen eggs were any good. I think she is now in her forties and single. You can't have it all.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:18 AM

290 posts, read 214,372 times
Quote:

yikes...i hope those women that married the first guy they could get to date them are happy. thats a recipe for potential disaster....

Old 02-05-2018, 09:18 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
There was an article a few weeks ago about a woman who froze her eggs. She had her career but when it came time none of the frozen eggs were any good. I think she is now in her forties and single. You can't have it all.

Sure you can.

I have several lady friends/family that went out and had a kid on their own because they couldn't find the right partner. Some of those did find that partner years after having their child(ren). Across the board, dating became much more fun for them once that (self imposed) pressure was off.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:57 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:

Wait what? You must be talking about women who never dated, and were in their mid 30s before they found someone to date? Or did they suddenly become "alone and childless" at a particular moment after 30? Why did they stop dating in the first place?

Old 02-05-2018, 01:08 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
So, instead she should have just grabbed any old guy before her 40s to latch onto in holy matrimony to pay for and shelter the kids she could squeeze out of him, before she was ollllld and forced to freeze some eggs? Those eggs may die anyway so grab some unsuspecting chump NOW, ladies! Is that the lesson here?

'Cause more than a few dudes would have been SCREAMING about that on here. And often do.

"She had her career"... Very high powered women who find a man to really love do indeed get married and have kids, demanding career or not. She obviously didn't find that, so we are back to the above unsavory scenario as, apparently, our cautionary tale.

Know who really can't have of all? Dudes who like to scream that a woman who marries to have kids by a certain age is a barnacle, BUT young women better settle for any willing guy before they're 30....OR ElSE, their frozen eggs will DIE!!! 'Cause...that'll show 'em! Nope. Contradictory.

Old 02-05-2018, 02:59 PM

641 posts, read 405,610 times
Quote:

I tend to find 30s women are either desperate to quickly settle down for kids and/or marriage, or already have kids and are single mothers. Women will say the thing as well but the best women get snapped up quickly usually and won't typically be single in their 30s.

The thing for guys in the 30s is the playing field is just being levelled a bit more with women around their age after women hold all the power in their 20s. Those women are more expectant of guys to commit though in general unless they're post-divorce and want a fling.

I know that's not every one, but it's a high percentage.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:07 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzaa2 View Post
I tend to find 30s women are either desperate to quickly settle down for kids and/or marriage, or already have kids and are single mothers. .
I've known quite a few who never wanted kids. They didn't have that issue pushing them to "hurry up". Look for the women who want to stay child free.

Old 02-05-2018, 03:08 PM

641 posts, read 405,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I've known quite a few who never wanted kids. They didn't have that issue pushing them to "hurry up". Look for the women who want to stay child free.
I have but haven't met them. I'm sure they exist but most women want kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships