Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2018, 01:59 PM

728 posts, read 471,913 times

Advertisements

It is. Women are the pickers. They wait on offers, accept or decline. We make the dates, plan the dates, pay for the dates. I wish roles were reversed for a year. How about even years, we ask, odd they do, or vice versa?

Old 02-04-2018, 02:03 PM

902 posts, read 747,038 times
OP is "not a member". He is in banned camp, but selling cars before making another account

Old 02-04-2018, 02:23 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryant17 View Post
Women are the pickers. They wait on offers
As is usual, people have it exactly backwards.

The person making the offer is the picker since someone can't accept an offer that was never made.

Old 02-04-2018, 02:45 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,716,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
That's the first explanation of Women Have More Options that I've agreed with. It seems to have a non-judgemental and no "poor me" intent. Thanks.
Yes, it's logically and analytically sound, I give him that.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:10 PM

102,193 posts, read 107,809,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
As is usual, people have it exactly backwards.

The person making the offer is the picker since someone can't accept an offer that was never made.
This! Exactly! Finally, one of the guys gets it!

Old 02-04-2018, 03:14 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
This! Exactly! Finally, one of the guys gets it!
Seriously!

For all the complaining that the men on here are doing, it is the man who decides from the beginning if a woman he meets he is going to use for just a fling or if he sees her as a relationship material. It is the man who decides whether or not he wants to be in a long-term or committed relationship with a woman. It is the man who proposes marriage and a marriage does not happen if a man in a relationship does not want to be married or committed.

How often do we see women complaining about wanting commitment but not finding it because the men they are meeting our not interested in it? How often do we see when they get strung along by men who have no intention to commit to them? Men are more control than they want to admit. It is the men who have no luck with men and who feel they have no control.

Old 02-04-2018, 03:16 PM

3,565 posts, read 1,920,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta_BD View Post
Seriously!

For all the complaining that the man on here are doing, it is the man who decides from the beginning if a woman he meets he is going to use for just a fling or if he sees her as a relationship material. It is the man who decides whether or not he wants to be in a long-term or committed relationship with a woman. It is the man who proposes marriage and a marriage does not happen if a man in a relationship does not want to be married or committed.
Women also do those things

And should do them more

I don't understand people who are content to let others decide their lives

Old 02-04-2018, 03:18 PM

14,246 posts, read 14,724,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddclarity7 View Post
It's only one sided if you are talking about the 22-32 year old crowd - which is hideously, unbelievably one sided with the women having all the power. If you are a late 20s male going for a mid 20s woman, you generally have to aim for 4 levels below your league to have any realistic chance.

but after about 30-32, it's basically completely even and I would even argue men having advantage. I told the story of my 43 year old very broke, chubby, bald, broke roommate consistently having a great dating life going after women in their 30s. I see women in their 30s and 40s approaching men, initiating conversation, making it very easy to go after them all the time. Approaching them is pretty damn easy also - if they're single, they will welcome any normal decent looking guy who talks to them like a normal human being and is friendly/polite/pleasant. I even see real attractive 35 year old women going after men. If you're approaching women in their 20s, you basically need to treat it like extremely complex rocket science to have any shot at all. Approaching women in their 30s - just cut out the nonsense, be genuine and they will generally like you

Discuss
Attempting to be polite. Women have something men want more then they want what men have. They learn it controls. The younger the man is, the more they want it. Once men learn how, the playing field levels.

Hope I am being polite.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:22 PM

9,368 posts, read 6,969,068 times
Even an average woman can have guys lining up around the block for her. The problem is she has to sift through all the riff raff to find the shiny nickel. I don’t envy women’s plight.

Old 02-04-2018, 04:31 PM

3,421 posts, read 5,216,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Even an average woman can have guys lining up around the block for her. The problem is she has to sift through all the riff raff to find the shiny nickel. I don’t envy women’s plight.
The reason why average women have an easier time because men are intimidated by attractive women. Men often make assumptions about attractive women that are not true, such as attractive women are more likely to cheat and have men beating their doors down and that is often not true. With that being the case a lot of men see attractive women is only being good enough for fling when the reality is there are a lot of single and lonely attractive women out there. Studies have shown that men don't take attractive women seriously and see them only as flings. Attractive women make a lot of men feel insecure. Surprisingly, a lot of attractive women don't get asked out and when they do it is usually by creeps who only want sex. So if you are not a creep who is only looking for sex, actually try talking to an attractive woman.

Having trouble with average girls? Try attractive women and don't make judgments about them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.