Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2018, 09:35 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
You conveniently excluded my post in its content and thus removed it from which the context. Then fixated on the typo of using "we" instead of "them". The context had nothing to do with my role in these women's lives but rather the topic around STDs.

If it was relevant to the thread I would have made it so when you pointed out my misuse of a pronouns.
Ugh okay here we go.

Your misuse of pronouns? It was a whole paragraph.

There is only one way to read, "We get a lot of married and older guys calling ..." and "We get requests for sex without condoms...." right after your comments about the virtues of "sex workers." So YOU provided the context.

Your job is either relevant to the topic or not, and no amount of semantics gymnastics is going to change that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 09:45 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,099,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Nothing vague about a family man paying the bills and rent of working girls though.
Again out of context.

A friend of friend of mine was getting desperate.. facing eviction ( I don't know her well enough to give her a place to stay). She relied on Craigslist and BP but recent pressure on those sites make it difficult for her to connect with her clients. It made it difficult for her to remain an independent. Coupled together with some stings in the area further pushed things.

I caught her taking a ride from a well known pimp to "talk business".... if you know how they operate this is the first step to gain leverage on her.. then its game over. I paid her rent for the next month (its not much) all I asked was her promise that she put off that decision for another month; focus on finding other options (including other regular jobs to substitute for the lost income).

What's wrong with that? Its not like I support them financially .... I simply bought her another month. Any more than that, I could start seeing trouble from the pimps/scum who have gang members in their pocket. You don't realize how much I despise pimps! I'll go through a lot if it keeps one girl out of their reach... I did so with my wallet to back it up.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:46 AM

Never... mind...

All my posts stand on their own as to my stance on this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Your job is either relevant to the topic or not, and no amount of semantics gymnastics is going to change that.
You already know the back story. I dated seriously for two years one of them and that's my role... no more no less... they are extended friendships. Stop twisting it.

I have nothing to prove...

Last edited by usayit; 02-07-2018 at 09:55 AM..

Old 02-07-2018, 09:47 AM

Quote:

All my posts stand on their own as to my stance on this topic.
Yes indeedy

Old 02-07-2018, 09:49 AM

20,386 posts, read 14,656,708 times
The way I took that "we" was in a mental image of this person hanging out with a group of talking women who are relating stories of the profession, and he's identifying as a part of a social group...but then, I'm also friends with a few sex workers, so I hear the stories, too. Anyhow though? What usayit does with his life isn't anything of my business and he has never come off to me like the kind of person who would be a jerk to women. If he's a pimp, he's the kindest and most caring pimp on the block. I think he's probably just someone who moves in different social groups than many, though. Connection to kink, poly, swinger, or alt-lifestyle groups, will put you in social contact with such folks. There is overlap. It's too easy to assume things when you've never had contact with such folks. I have. They're just people. People who make various different choices, many of which I might not do myself, but whatever. People.

Regarding the topic and the OP. I think it's a little uncool to be speculating on the questions like "what's wrong with him?" or "how does he get sex?" upon finding out he's never had a relationship. Why not just ask him? If he was willing to open up about not having had a relationship, maybe he'd be willing to talk about his sexual history. And if he's not, then none of it is any of your business and you can respect that or leave him alone. The way this was presented, looks like OP is looking for probable cause for negative judgment. What's your connection to this person, anyhow?

Old 02-07-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Yes indeedy
Quote:
We get a lot of married and older guys calling ..." and "We get requests for sex without condoms...."
Let me correct it then..

THEY get a lot of married and older guys calling ..." and "THEY get requests for sex without condoms...."

How hard was that?

Old 02-07-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The way I took that "we" was in a mental image of this person hanging out with a group of talking women who are relating stories of the profession, and he's identifying as a part of a social group...but then, I'm also friends with a few sex workers, so I hear the stories, too. Anyhow though? What usayit does with his life isn't anything of my business and he has never come off to me like the kind of person who would be a jerk to women. If he's a pimp, he's the kindest and most caring pimp on the block. I think he's probably just someone who moves in different social groups than many, though. Connection to kink, poly, swinger, or alt-lifestyle groups, will put you in social contact with such folks. There is overlap. It's too easy to assume things when you've never had contact with such folks. I have. They're just people. People who make various different choices, many of which I might not do myself, but whatever. People.

THANK YOU!

You described me just fine.

THANK YOU. I'd rep you but i can't.

Old 02-07-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:

How hard was that?
Not at all, apparently.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:47 AM

20,386 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
THANK YOU!

You described me just fine.

THANK YOU. I'd rep you but i can't.
I feel your pain on the rep limit thing. I've tried to rep JerZ like twice this week and CD won't let me. Dangit!

Old 02-07-2018, 02:27 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Hey, like I said, get on with your bad self, as long as it doesn't enter the world of your wife and kids. No need to defend, it's all good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships