Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 06:07 AM

235 posts, read 148,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Fair enough. But why is it when you open the door, point, and ask a man to leave, he locks himself in bathroom, takes a half hour shower, the pees on your wall, and grabs a beer out of the fridge before he leaves?!
LOL, [bleep], is that your true story? Wow. what an animal. So he peed AFTER he showers not before so it can wash off his pee. Damn. I wonder what the OP says about this. I would guess he will applaud this jerk. OP clearly is a chauvinist and misognynist like this pee guy.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 02-07-2018 at 12:12 PM.. Reason: Inappropriate language.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2018, 07:27 AM

13,262 posts, read 8,022,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusano View Post
That’s it exactly. Women are just evil and out to make the lives of men miserable. It’s okay for women to be misandrist and bossy because that is just how we women are. Oh, well. What’s a girl to do. It’s a dirty job but someone has to do it.

And what makes you think women want to find a man to stay with her. Don’t you know that all we want to do is use you and then dump you and take all your money? We have all the courts rigged so we can get away with this and live lives of luxury on your dime. You’re doomed. Doooomed!

Little known fact: The Illuminati is 98% women. ;-p

Old 02-07-2018, 08:15 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
Okay, the concept of "happy wife, happy life" dates back to time in memorial. One example of this is a Cherokee creation story, where the Creator makes First Man and First Woman. First man wasn't very nice to First Woman, and finally she decided she had had enough of his stuff, and took off.

At first, First Man didn't really care, but then he got lonely for her company, and asked the Creator to slow her down so he could catch up to her. The creator started putting berries in her path, which she noticed, but didn't accomplish the goal of slowing her down, until he put the strawberry growing in her path.

It was a pretty berry, and when she tasted it, it was sweet and juicy. It stopped her and allowed First Man to catch up to her. She offers him some of the berries, and he enjoys them too. From that moment forward, the strawberry became a symbol to remind us to be good to one another.

It's not about one catering to the other, it's about being good to one another. When it comes to being good to one another, women often get the crappy end of the stick. You can debate that if you want, but if you look at domestic violence statistics, you will see that that is not a false assessment.

As far as being a word meaning 'female dog', Ive heard it a lot. I think, much like a man being called a dog, its something people say without really considering what it truly means. It sounds good to them, and that's about as far as the thought process takes them.
There are parallels of Adam, Lilith, and Eve in that story.... from Jewish Tradition. I always assumed the notion of "Happy wife, Happy life" and similar originated from that love triangle. Interesting enough, there was an all out character assassination of Lilith (Adam's equal) depicting her as evil and demonic.... for the most part omitted from the Bible. Meanwhile Eve (created from Adam's rib) remains as "Adam's first wife" in the bible. Yet it is Eve that yields to temptation of the forbidden fruit.

I actually like your story better.

Last edited by usayit; 02-07-2018 at 08:24 AM..

Old 02-07-2018, 08:35 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
If you're consistently witnessing behavior that you're not comfortable with, you need to find a new environment. Your definition of bossy and other's definition of bossy opens up a whole bunch of "Whys." If it's bugging you find new people to hang out with.

I personally have never witnessed this, so I can't speak on it.

Old 02-07-2018, 08:52 AM

902 posts, read 747,198 times
Women and children first! Remember it! You are expected to DIE providing and protecting. Stop complaining about her being bossy, life isn't fair. Man up!

Old 02-07-2018, 08:55 AM

1,532 posts, read 1,060,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCastro View Post
Very accurate take. There are a lot of evil women out there. Not all, but a lot.

Thanks for the warning. Can't let those monsters get me! AHH
You’re welcome. Run fast. Run far. Stay safe. It’s a jungle out there.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:17 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
You will find *******s always excuse their own behavior. They also excuse and make excuses for other *******s to avoid persecution by association.
*******s also come in many flavors. Polite, rude, arrogant, happy, sad etc etc

Just remember that ******* are not determined by how nice they can be, it’s their over all actions that define them.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:25 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Oh good lord. If anyone has to be bossy to anyone, then the relationship is probably train-wreck city. If you, OP, have surrounded yourself with overdramatic, overbearing, jerky humans of any gender, you maybe could choose better company.

But I will tell ya something. Some guys LIKE a "bossy" wife. Because they don't want to have to recognize that something needs done, and do it themselves like a responsible person, they want to just sit around entertaining themselves, and if it's really got to be done, then it's on her to ask for it. And then he can either get angry and say she's a nag, or else do the job so poorly, that he conditions her to stop asking him for anything. Before long, he gets to be a lazy slob and she does all the work of the household, on top of the full time job she also has to hold and probably most of the "bossy" work of being a parent, too! Men who complain about the wife being "bossy" are usually not acting like responsible partners, in most relationships I have seen.

Remember that a "boss" role means being ultimately responsible for everything getting done. And then you can either delegate, or do it yourself. If you get enough pushback for trying to delegate, you find yourself doing most of the work, because the other person doesn't actually give a damn if it gets done or not.

It doesn't matter much which partner is assuming which role, one not acting like a responsible adult and one acting "bossy"...it's indication that the relationship is not healthy. Maybe it ends, maybe it drags on unhappily.

And then there is the question of partners trying to demand that the other does NOT do things that make them happy. If the activity does no harm and there are no sensible objections to be made besides "I don't want you to" then that's where controlling behavior is, no matter the gender. A wife who expects her husband to get rid of his possessions that he treasures because she doesn't like them in HER home, is being unreasonable. A husband who can't handle his wife giving time and attention to a visiting relative or a best friend, because he hates when her attention is given to literally anyone but him, is being unreasonable.

Rational, mature adults who have experience in relationships, can tell what is healthy and what isn't. It amazes me how some of this fairly obvious Humaning 101 stuff is such a terrifying mystery to some people here.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:46 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
I wouldn't let a man or woman pull that bossy stuff on me.

It would get annoying and tiresome.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:55 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Well, too, the whole "If you can't handle me at my worst, you don't deserve me at my best" mentality...some guys will apparently put up with that, if they want the woman bad enough. That's on them, no one is holding a gun to their heads.

Seems to me, in situations where people pick partners who make them unhappy, guys are being shortsighted (not looking deeper than appearances "She's hot, what could go wrong?") and women have picker problems or let things escalate too fast, fail to heed red flags...usually going against our own better judgment, or advice from more experienced women, if we're just too young to know better. Guys let the little head do the thinking, women wear the rose tinted glasses. Anyone could wind up with a jerk. No one deserves to live like that, though...unless they choose it for whatever reasons of their own.

Gonna start defaulting to "is it my/your business?" now. Seems as good an answer as any. OP, are YOU with a bossy woman? If not, then why do you care what other people are doing in your relationships?

If it's because you want to extrapolate some cases to mean all/most cases, then that's silly, but you can be silly if you like. I mean, we women aren't clones, you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships