Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 03:22 PM

58 posts, read 41,427 times

Advertisements

You want to spend more time with her? You're sure that's what you want? Then call her on the phone and tell her so. There is nothing offensive in this. It's not aggressive. You are telling her that you would like to see her. She will say yes or no. You will accept her response gracefully. And gratefully.

Do not try to guess what she wants or doesn't want based on how long it took her to text you. Text is trash. Standing up straight and phoning, making yourself present, these are things that communicate interest and maturity.

But first, you have to decide what you want.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2018, 01:11 AM

243 posts, read 228,510 times
you came off as needy when you texted her 2 hours after. she saw it and probably isn't interested. you can try one more time but don't bet on it. move on.

Old 02-14-2018, 01:25 AM

1,704 posts, read 2,323,042 times
Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Keep looking and talking to other women.

Old 02-14-2018, 06:26 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,836,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Here is another way to look at it. You waited two hours just to send her a text that read "nice to meet you". Now you're going to make her wait two days before you check back in. Many women are turned off by timid men who lack confidence.
This. Though, she might not have been "turned off" as much as confused, and then perhaps concluded he wasn't interested. Then again, maybe she was turned off, because this kind of thing happens often in the online dating world.

In my experience on OLD, some/many (?) men lack enough confidence to step up to the plate and ask a woman for a proper date. They seem to want the women to do all the work, and appear to use OLD as little more than a mechanism for validation, with no intention of following through on anything -- because, if they did, the j*g is up, so to speak. It's all too risky for them. Much easier to remain on the periphery and complain that women are "too picky" or "too [whatever]."

Old 02-14-2018, 05:51 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by va_bank View Post
I disagree, that's the time when most people are catching up on their texts and facebook posts
Yeah and if they are they can give a 5 sec text back. If not they aren't interested.

Old 02-14-2018, 07:32 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Any updates, OP?

Old 02-15-2018, 08:00 PM

1,088 posts, read 578,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Any updates, OP?
As noted earlier, I asked her if she would like to meet again this coming weekend, but her sister will be visiting from out-of-state. I'm going to reach out again in a few days and suggest something for the following week. I suspect her response to that will tell the story.

I still find it amusing that some people criticized me for not asking for the second date immediately, while others suggested that texting her hours after the date made me seem "needy."

Old 02-15-2018, 08:08 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael917 View Post
As noted earlier, I asked her if she would like to meet again this coming weekend, but her sister will be visiting from out-of-state. I'm going to reach out again in a few days and suggest something for the following week. I suspect her response to that will tell the story.

I still find it amusing that some people criticized me for not asking for the second date immediately, while others suggested that texting her hours after the date made me seem "needy."
I know. People have all different ideas. There is no "right" way...you do what you are comfortable with. I think your plan sounds good.

Old 02-16-2018, 10:32 AM

1,830 posts, read 6,151,429 times
Quote:

I wouldn't be so quick to give up on her. Be confident and give her at least a couple more chances. Maybe she is playing hard to get because she IS interested, too. If you do ask her out again, make sure it is NOT last minute, like calling mid week for a Friday or Sat. date. Keep us posted! Good luck!

Old 02-16-2018, 10:35 AM

6,883 posts, read 7,881,752 times
Quote:
Last night, I had a coffee date with a woman from OLD. Now I'm stuck in that limbo known as, "I'd like to see her again, but have no idea if she feels the same."

Prior to the date, she expressed more enthusiasm towards meeting me than anyone I'd ever met online. Our conversation was very pleasant, and probably could have gone on for several more hours. As we were leaving, she said "This was fun" and when we parted ways near the parking lot she said "Keep in touch." But when I texted her two hours later to say it was nice meeting her earlier, I got no reply.

So I'm in that awkward place where I don't know whether I should be eager to see her again or be moving on with my life. I'm thinking in a few days I'll reach out with a suggestion of meeting again and see what happens. What do you think?
That's exactly what you should do and stop over thinking it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships