Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 04:35 PM

242 posts, read 262,765 times

Advertisements

The OP said she isn't in love. If she were in love she would work around this. She would make it work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 05:17 PM

22 posts, read 16,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellomoon View Post
The OP said she isn't in love. If she were in love she would work around this. She would make it work.
I really would as he's such a good man! I only wish that spark was still there

Old 02-20-2018, 06:07 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,308,852 times
Can you send him my way?

Old 02-20-2018, 06:15 AM

5,989 posts, read 6,778,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne43 View Post
Hello

** sorry title should say 12 years older - can't seem to edit title **

I'm with my man now nearly 3 years and we've had a few break ups but got back together. I'm 43, he's 55 and I really enjoy his company, he's so honest, kind, caring and loving but I'm bored in the relationship.

I wish he was more outgoing and we just do the same thing every weekend and I feel like I'm wasting my life! I've told him this at the last break up and he said he'd definitely try and do more things together and go out more but it rarely happens.

I'm at a stage where I want more from it and to get out more and travel abit but he seems to be happy to sit indoors! I really don't know what to do and part of me says he's so honest, loyal and loving etc that I find it hard to let him go as he treats me with so much love and respect!! Then I worry if I do break it off I mightn't get a man as honest and loving as him!

Any advice so welcome as I'm confused and it's causing me Anxiety!

Joanne
This isn't about age. It's about a personality mismatch. I've known many men this age who are still very active, love to get out and do stuff, travel, etc. And they weren't necessarily "bad boys". They just were active, extroverted people.

The problem is, it's really, really hard to find a male companion at your age. All my single female friends this age tell me the dating scene is awful - men sending them unsolicited pictures of their "equipment" is not unusual. Yuck.

If you never had trouble finding male companionship, perhaps it's worth the risk. But the odds are if you dump this one, you could wind up alone. If you're willing to risk that, I'd break up and go hunting for a more lively guy.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
This isn't about age. It's about a personality mismatch. I've known many men this age who are still very active, love to get out and do stuff, travel, etc. And they weren't necessarily "bad boys". They just were active, extroverted people.

The problem is, it's really, really hard to find a male companion at your age. All my single female friends this age tell me the dating scene is awful - men sending them unsolicited pictures of their "equipment" is not unusual. Yuck.

If you never had trouble finding male companionship, perhaps it's worth the risk. But the odds are if you dump this one, you could wind up alone. If you're willing to risk that, I'd break up and go hunting for a more lively guy.
Should I stay with him if I'm not in love with him?

Old 02-20-2018, 06:31 AM

1,058 posts, read 676,091 times
You have two choices:

Get out of the safety zone and break up if your not happy. He’s a good guy and you don’t want to give that up. You know exactly what your gonna get. Sometimes that’s good and sometimes that’s bad.

If you don’t want to leave the relationship, Your gonna have to be the one to come up with things to do since you’re the one that’s not content. If he cares about your needs then he will be up for something different.

Good luck!

Old 02-20-2018, 06:36 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
You keep mentioning you'd wish for that spark to be back.
What was he like when there was one?

Old 02-20-2018, 06:39 AM

2,094 posts, read 1,925,699 times
Quote:
Should I stay with him if I'm not in love with him?
Probably not! Especially if you aren't married. You'll just end up hurting him down the road. Cut the cord now- you'll feel better in the long run.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
You keep mentioning you'd wish for that spark to be back.
What was he like when there was one?
Everything was good, but unfortunately I don't feel that spark anymore, have fell out of love and have been trying to avoid intimate stuff

Old 02-20-2018, 06:43 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Everything was good, but unfortunately I don't feel that spark anymore, have fell out of love and have been trying to avoid intimate stuff
But what do you mean "good"? Was he more active, did things together, since this seems to be your main complaint?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships