Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 10:31 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Engaged doesn't mean married.
what do you think it means....I always thought it was an agreement between two people who plan to be married.
I would think that (usually) commitment would include loyalty and being faithful.

maybe it means a "tryout", just to see if one CAN be faithful to another?...before an actual marriage takes place.

I don't imagine this women would stay "engaged" too long if she goes out with another.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Engaged doesn't mean married.
It's a kinda prelude to being married isn't it?
Otherwise why bother with an engagement if it means nothing?

Old 02-26-2018, 12:46 PM

479 posts, read 431,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
It's a kinda prelude to being married isn't it?
Otherwise why bother with an engagement if it means nothing?
Indeed. Engaged is not legally married. Now's the time. If she were already married and sent the email you all'd be all over this guy, too. ...fwiw

Old 03-01-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftcoastie View Post
Indeed. If she were already married and sent the email you all'd be all over this guy, too. ...fwiw
what makes you say that???

Old 03-01-2018, 06:58 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Old man, she’s somehow managed to live all this time without you. Now that you’re ready for the nursing home I’m sure she doesn’t want to changing your depends and rubbing your worn joints down with icy hot. LEAVE HER BE!

Old 03-15-2018, 05:13 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,612,356 times
Here we go again; another dream yet another girl. This time at least she's only 49 & is letter J. LOL

I had about 6 girls in the early 90s that rang my bell (as I was dating a 7th during the whole time from 91-onward but...) but I stayed w/ her. Tho we're now more like good friends, & always there & help one another, it is like bro & sis.

Thus, those all other girls then & now - would still be marriage/dating, etc. material as they were then in early 90s.

Ok, Here's the deal. 3 are married (tho who knows how tight as 2 of 3 marriages fail so odds in my favor, hehee) & the other 3 unknown. I think 2 may or may not be married & the last one (from the 80s) is engaged as per this thread beginning.

Oh let's list them by their 1st letters of their name. There was way back 80s girl, Di. Then early 90s was 1st up, Da in early 91, & then Mi in early 92, then She in mid-92 & then another Sh in late-92 til early 93 & lastly in 94 a Ja (the last dream I had about her was a few nites ago).

So.. who knows where I'm going w/ this but it is fun to think that maybe one of these past girls, that we pre-screened each other in our 20-30s, will still rekindle should I contact them.

Ok, before a barrage of negative replies - let me preface saying; I like to go down memory lane, as it is where I am MOST happy & comfy. I want nothing of someone who I can not judge their known past to me - vs their current status - & thus really get a fix on their lifestyle & evolution.

How can I w/ ANY new girl do that, not knowing her past behavior , if I just meet her today? Imposs, no? & thus my retort to you naysayers. Please don't come here & bash or negate me but if you have zero positive to say, refrain from saying anything.

To those w/ positive advice or at least some concept of understanding, please do so.

In some cases I ended the realtionship/dating & other cases they did. I can't remember who & what was which. LOL

It is not how many times you go to bat but how many times you hit a homerun, that counts.

Old 03-15-2018, 05:25 PM

10,501 posts, read 7,034,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movintime View Post
Ok, before I'm besieged w/ bevvy of negative comments (I'm ready, haha, bring 'em) but I took a few wks after finally finding her at her age now of 52! OMG, I'm older but met en, she was a sales gal under me & my boss. She defended me prior to my divorce from my NOW ex wife -- by saying she was a biiitch to me, etc. She was but that is aside.

Ok, so her Facebook finally let me find her.

We (her name is D) went out one time (as friends) as she was dating the 1st guy she loved, ahem, (Podiatrist to be) back then in '85. I still remember her fav drink, when we once we went out as friends, & my ex wife had left GA to to back home to NJ (as she was Army ex wife & a mess w/ me & her) & I was very unsure re her & me when yet in GA then. We finally ended in divorce in '86, & this gal had nothing to do w/ it (but my ex & I were horrible & young 20s & had no idea what to hell we were doing so it needed be soon over...).

Ok, been having weird premonition type dreams re D, & FINALLY today got nerve to call. I told her I thought she'd think I'm nuts or bizarre but not so As i rambled & then we changed topic to our 1 pseudo-date prior to my moving from GA in '85 back up the e coast -- but hey, dammit, why oh why oh why did I leave?? Oh well another sappy story.... &...she asked today re Vodka, White wine or what she can booze -- & not get hangover or major headaches from (boo her head hurts when wshe drinks ). I can't convey this all folks, trust me I wish I could but it'll be in drips n drabs as I can... as I hate typin but you get gist.

OK, what do I ask of u all? Who knows!!!, but if anyone has ideas or is debating tryin this move on a gal ex--do it!! You miss 100% of the chances -- YOU DO NOT TAKE! Ok, off to my wine bottle...lol

Met her when she was just 19-ish & I was mid-20s. So found her online & called her @ hospital job today. She was very happy & stunned & told me her b/f from the 80s is a Podiatrist now & she broke up long before that in the mid 80s w/ him. Ok, so one guy fro her down. Then she got married (still has her married name, thus made it hard to find her but I did & after 23 yrs married to him -- & 3 grown kids now-- divorced him she said a 4-5 yrs ago.

So good yes.. but no.. she now is engaged to a new guy (remember she is 52) & who knows how it'll go. now... Enter me. I had her laughing alot & tho she was @ work, I apologized & said I need let you go -- but she said no keep talking, as she was laughing alot (dad always said a gal who laughs alot w/ u likes u, RIP dad I SOOO hope u right!!!)

Ok, more background. We worked at a shoe store, I was Asst Mngr then -- she was a sales gal. We spoke of old times back then & our date & her old drinks she drank. We went out 1 time as ONLY, (ahem w. a token goodnite kiss but...) friends & she now in 2018 asked what she can drink to get no headache, like Vodka or White wine. I said, hmm, too bad your in FL (& REMEMBER we met in GA in '84). We went out ONLY friends but she helped me thru my ex Army wife then in '85, who left GA to move to NJ back then. She hated my ex & the way she treated me -- & called her *****. She was 19-20, my Army ex-wife was 22, I was 24-25. What a story. I can't type but will add to this...after I quit booze, hahaa.

Ok, crazies...If u wonder what I want? No idea...but gents/guys--if u want to call a certain girl from past-- DO IT as u miss 100% chances that YOU DO NOT TAKE. She is a bit heavier now than in her 20s but OMG always a stunning Blonde &... an oh so gorgeous facially -- & a personality of a 11-PLUS-wise in both face & personality (sans even any weight gain).

God Bless America is all I can say!!! I'll need open my fine wine to reel from this afterglow call. OMG if i she ever contacts me after this 1st initiation call from me. I'll think I won the Powerball!!!

ok, hope u get the jist... MUCH more to come... HELP, I'm in love!!!

Before u think I'm fruit-looped let me add, I adored her back then, never made a move even drunk, treated her as gold, my wife hated her tho -- we didn't have any thing even remotely going on-- & now am trying to sort how these recent dreams overtook I & why? There's much to add n I'll post these adds to get ideas & feedback but please don't crush me re this mode I in but rather -- kindly be pro or con & offer advice. It is Valentine's tomorrow -- & I opened today's call saying, "it is your secret Valentine, can u guess who"? It Took her a long while but finally she said my NAME & OMG I was enamoured to say least. U can get the rest..

Ok, more as my mind finds it...
Started drinking early, didn't you? Okay. My run down.

1) Unless you are under the age of 14, take notes in school with multi-colored ink, dot your Is with little hearts, and have a collection of My Little Pony memorabilia on the shelf of your bedroom credenza, do not sprinkle your writing with emojis like so much pixie dust. One is ample. Fifty-seven prompts people to begin looking for your lobotomy scars.

2) Unless you are under the age of 18 or have some impairment, don't rate women using a numerical scale. We prefer the much more sophisticated and urbane, "Hotter than a $5 pistol on Saturday night." The only acceptable 1-10 rating systems are for gymnastics, figure skating, and emergency room doctors asking you to describe how badly it hurts.

3) The longer it takes you to describe a relationship issue, the less likely it can be solved by a bunch of strangers on an online forum. Boil this down into bullet points, please.

4) If you are in your late 50s or early 60s, you don't need a pretense to call a woman up. Just pick up the phone, dial, and say what you need to say. Women respect confidence a good deal.

5) As for rest, I don't know what to tell you.

Old 03-15-2018, 07:29 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Mods?

Old 03-16-2018, 10:30 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Closed at OP's request.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships