Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 11:31 AM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times

Advertisements

When it came to music to have sex to though, that is a different tune altogether from what OP is talking about dates and such.

For that, I like my old goth repertoire. I've got some old Cleopatra compilations, bit of Electric Hellfire Club, some Crow Soundtrack perhaps...? I had a friend once say, "You play Type O Negative, to get goth chicks to hold still long enough so you can have sex with them." LOL ok then... Cannot say he's wrong.

It was a main reason I liked the aesthetic though. 90's Goth was sexy stuff. It was a good time to be a spooky teenager.

And my older man likes it, too, surprisingly. But he likes many, many kinds of music. He introduced me to the band that is presently my favorite, Abney Park.

One time though, early in our relationship, I went to his house for a visit, one thing on my mind. To the extent I wore frilly fancy things under my clothes at work all day. I could not wait to get there, and take off my clothes and surprise him. His reaction was mild to say the least... So we were planning to go out later, but had some time to have fun before we left. He tied me up. Exciting! Put a blindfold on me. Oo, anticipation! Put headphones on my ears... OK...some sort of sensory deprivation play thing is gonna happen, maybe...?

Turns out, he just really wanted me to hear his favorite John Denver and Dan Fogelberg songs. That was all. When he'd played them, he untied me, told me to get dressed, and we went out.

Sadist, I tell you...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2018, 12:17 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,368,374 times
Two Steps From Hell, Clint Mansell, Ramin Djawadi, Hans Zimmer, Alexandre Desplat, Max Richter, Audiomachine, Zack Hemsey, Alan Silvestri, James Horner, Howard Shore, Thomas Newman. (epic orchestral and film scores)

Also 80s-2010s alternative and rock, 80s-90s pop (some), blues, folk rock, soul, pop rock, blues rock, dupstep, new age, Daft Punk, hip hop.

Old 02-19-2018, 03:52 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Gwar?
Really? Thought once you got past 13 you'd lose interest, same goes with old school make up wearing kiss.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:07 PM

20,382 posts, read 14,651,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Really? Thought once you got past 13 you'd lose interest, same goes with old school make up wearing kiss.
LOL at most of their shows, there are a lot of older rockers. Heck, they are more popular with people in their 30s - 50s, since the band has been around for 30+ years now. The kids are all into that weird death metal with the unintelligible lyrics and the logo that looks like kindling. 13 year olds now haven't heard of GWAR unless their parents are bohabs.

I got into GWAR as a fan in about 1996 when I was 17, and I've been friends with 'em since about 2007. Which isn't bragging, that's the thing, they're really nice. Weird art collective D&D nerds. Just my kind of people. And the singer who passed a few years ago, Dave, treated everyone like family. So it's like, "yeah I'm friends with Dave/GWAR" but I'm one of probably thousands, it doesn't make me special, it makes them special for being cool to people.

Dave was awesome; he is deeply missed by many.

Old 02-19-2018, 04:18 PM

52,249 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
LOL at most of their shows, there are a lot of older rockers. Heck, they are more popular with people in their 30s - 50s, since the band has been around for 30+ years now. The kids are all into that weird death metal with the unintelligible lyrics and the logo that looks like kindling. 13 year olds now haven't heard of GWAR unless their parents are bohabs.

I got into GWAR as a fan in about 1996 when I was 17, and I've been friends with 'em since about 2007. Which isn't bragging, that's the thing, they're really nice. Weird art collective D&D nerds. Just my kind of people. And the singer who passed a few years ago, Dave, treated everyone like family. So it's like, "yeah I'm friends with Dave/GWAR" but I'm one of probably thousands, it doesn't make me special, it makes them special for being cool to people.

Dave was awesome; he is deeply missed by many.
I remember when he died, wasn't a fan, but I can appreciate fans appreciation. Music stirs my soul, so I'm sorry if I came off crappy.

Old 02-19-2018, 06:24 PM

6,224 posts, read 6,612,356 times
HEY! This is MY thread. Everyone go home. LOL

Just jokin as semi-coherent today w/ no wine -- After a few bowls of it yest -- I feel like hell. More like hungover.

Carry on folks... I'll just listen online to my Tunein Italian radio stations of Eurodance.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:52 PM

28 posts, read 19,691 times
Pretty much any Maxwell album -especially Urban Hang Suite - will work for RnB fans. Plenty of Prince's albums and mixes you can make will do the job as well.

Some other RnB albums that set the mood nicely:

Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope & absolutely gotta throw in Anytime, Any place; Thats the Way Love Goes;
Sade - any album, but especially Love Deluxe and Lovers Rock

I have a varied taste in music so I could see some of these more 'indie rock' type albums working too:

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (when you sleep might be the best recorded song ever)
Portishead - Dummy
Massive Attack - Mezzanine
Some Slowdive

Some songs that can set the mood too:

Outkast - Funky Ride; Spottioppadopalicious
Parliament Funkadelic/Boosty Collins - I'd Rather Be With You
Bloodstone - Natural High
Total - Kissing You;
SWV - Weak; Downtown; You're Always on My Mind
ToniToneTony - Lay Your head on my Pillow; Anniversary
Ginuwine - so Anxious; changes;
D'Angelo - Higher, Lady, Untitled (How Does it Feel?); Brown Sugar;
112 - Cupid, Anywhere;
Jodeci - feein'; Forever My lady; Come and Talk to Me;

Old 02-19-2018, 08:50 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicholasAB View Post
Pretty much any Maxwell album -especially Urban Hang Suite - will work for RnB fans. Plenty of Prince's albums and mixes you can make will do the job as well.

Some other RnB albums that set the mood nicely:

Janet Jackson - The Velvet Rope & absolutely gotta throw in Anytime, Any place; Thats the Way Love Goes;
Sade - any album, but especially Love Deluxe and Lovers Rock

Some songs that can set the mood too:

Outkast - Funky Ride; Spottioppadopalicious
Parliament Funkadelic/Boosty Collins - I'd Rather Be With You
Bloodstone - Natural High
Total - Kissing You;
SWV - Weak; Downtown; You're Always on My Mind
ToniToneTony - Lay Your head on my Pillow; Anniversary
Ginuwine - so Anxious; changes;
D'Angelo - Higher, Lady, Untitled (How Does it Feel?); Brown Sugar;
112 - Cupid, Anywhere;
Jodeci - feein'; Forever My lady; Come and Talk to Me;
Nice

You just named half my "Quiet Storm" playlist. Ohhh Jodeci ...

Gotta fill it out with Al Green, Irma Thomas, a little Otis, and this steamy gem from Shuggie Otis:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR1nf9NUlpY

Old 02-19-2018, 09:10 PM

10,342 posts, read 5,864,111 times
I like old school; LL coolJ, Mama said knock you out, beastie boys, Linkin Park of course...bands around when I was cool. All I have to do is hear the song...I have no idea how old I am, and I can still move it anyway.

Old 02-20-2018, 08:01 AM

2,335 posts, read 4,150,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
LOL. Fast Times?
Side 2 of Led Zeppelin 4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships