Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:27 PM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Nah... I like you guys a lot better. You're pretty well-behaved, don't pee and poop all over the place, I can shut you up any time I want to and don't have to board ya if I'm out of town. ALL of that for a low cost of about $45/month! Can't beat it!
hahahhahaha I like you guys too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 01:23 AM

1 posts, read 798 times
Hello,

New user here! im in slightly a different situation. Ive been with my girlfriend for three years, she recently informed me that she would like to travel, so shes going to australia to work for 4 months this summer.

Now this is a girl that i am extremeely close to, spend 3-4 nights a week with her and never get bored. She leaves in mid april and im completely lost. I know for a fact im going to get lonely.

Im absoulutely dreadding the thought of it that im becoming quite insecure about it all.. Ive started thinking "will she want to come back to me?" "will she not fall out of love from me in 4 months?".

Its driving me crazy and i have no idea what to do!

Old 02-27-2010, 08:34 PM

4,098 posts, read 7,104,854 times
Life is what you make it. If you wait for someone to come along and make you happy, you will be waiting for a long time. Can you have a conversation with the guy behind you in the grocery check out line? My wife is amazed that I can start a conversation with just about anybody, anywhere. No one has ever told me to mind my own business or give the the cold shoulder. We have developed friendships with many people we have met in our favorite restaurant, or stores. Just talk to someone, they arn't going to bite. Compliment them on something they are wearing, or their hairstyle. Look for things you can talk about. Ok, I understand this may not be your style, but you are going to have to change style and become more outgoing.

Old 02-28-2010, 05:27 PM

25,080 posts, read 16,322,950 times
Stay busy and keep a positive mental attitude.

Old 02-28-2010, 07:19 PM

1,570 posts, read 5,985,295 times
cpg35223 makes some great points.
Considering your handle SteelersFan - I'm betting you are a sports fan? Find a hang out - a sport bar would be perfect. I know, I know, ... suggesting a bar is a "bad" thing. However, with a sports bar people have a common interest - sports. Don't drink too much - but chat and talk with people - you will meet friends.
I've never done a meetup group - but I know of many people who have. Meetup has all types of groups - give it a shot.
You will not increase your social circle with a TV - not even a computer.
Get out there!
Best wishes.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:30 PM

85 posts, read 178,087 times
This is your opportunity to do lots of things and try different experieinces. Get out there and go. You are young and you have no obligations. You do nto need as much slepp as us old folk do. Join everything that you can. Try dance lessons, diving, charity work, rock climbing, hiking, fishing, shooting, skiing, sky diving, waterskiing, . . . . you name it get out there and do it. You will nto have much opportunity later on becuase you will have obligations and you will have to pay for more people. Travel, climb fly jump do it all now while you are free and unfettered and while you cna still sleep in a train or bus station withthe bums and call it fun.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Agree but disagree. Find a couple of things and get "into" doing them. Instead of being a jack of all trades, be a master of one or two.

Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 PM

4 posts, read 5,015 times
The Squeelers, OOOOOO!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:26 PM

4,379 posts, read 5,381,251 times
This is an old thread, and the OP is long gone, but nonetheless:

- Join a club
- Spend time with family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships