Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 04:24 PM

3 posts, read 2,589 times

Advertisements

I bought tickets to one of my favorite bands. They are a local metal band which I had the opportunity to buy a pair of the few tickets left. Luckily for me, my online girlfriend is coming over to visit me over the holidays since I went over to see her during a foreign dating event back last time. But when i asked her to accompany me, she refused because she’s not a fan of the genre. Even if she goes with me for the sake of spending time with me, she told me that she’s afraid of the venue and everything that revolves “metal.” What should I do? Should I keep convincing her or just invite someone else? It would be a shame to lose these tickets, but I don’t want to push her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 04:26 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,901,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz26 View Post
I bought tickets to one of my favorite bands. They are a local metal band which I had the opportunity to buy a pair of the few tickets left. Luckily for me, my online girlfriend is coming over to visit me over the holidays since I went over to see her during a foreign dating event back last time. But when i asked her to accompany me, she refused because she’s not a fan of the genre. Even if she goes with me for the sake of spending time with me, she told me that she’s afraid of the venue and everything that revolves “metal.” What should I do? Should I keep convincing her or just invite someone else? It would be a shame to lose these tickets, but I don’t want to push her.
What "holidays"?

You have to pick one or the other.

Old 02-20-2018, 04:33 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
It's a local metal band, so you will have an opportunity to get a ticket again.
Is she doesn't like the band, don't push. Sell the tickets. Spend some quality time just with her. Try to appreciate her visit, try to know her better, do stuff you both like.
How long will she stay in your place?

Old 02-20-2018, 04:49 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,257,141 times
If she is frightened of a "metal" band, such as Winger, toss her back in the ocean.
If she's frightened of a "metal" band, such as Marilyn Manson, she's a keeper. Sell the ticket and go to church instead.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
It's a local metal band, so you will have an opportunity to get a ticket again.
Is she doesn't like the band, don't push. Sell the tickets. Spend some quality time just with her. Try to appreciate her visit, try to know her better, do stuff you both like.
How long will she stay in your place?
I suppose you're right, there's a lot of stuff we can do together, I guess I really just wanted to share this particular interest with her. But you're right, the band will always be here, she's only here for 3 weeks. Thanks!

Old 02-20-2018, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
What "holidays"?

You have to pick one or the other.
Oof. Sorry, my mistake, I was the one who visited over the holidays last time. Sorry, my head's not really screwed on right today. Sorry for the trouble!

Old 02-20-2018, 06:32 PM

235 posts, read 148,368 times
Maybe that will teach you to ask first before you buy. And if she's your gf why in the world are you not aware that she's scared of metal bands and certain places?

Those kinds of tix though are not hard to sell right? Just sell it.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:45 PM

777 posts, read 452,196 times
A relationship is about give and take and trying new things with your partner.

One night doing something unfamiliar isn't going to kill her. If you know the band and venue well, and see nothing to warrant legitimate fear, I'd keep trying to persuade her. I'm sure you've done some things with her that weren't particularly enjoyable for you, but worth it to be with her.

It might be different if she were only going to be there a few days, but three weeks? That's 20 other days to cater to her wishes.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:50 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,718,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenz26 View Post
Just invite someone else. 3 weeks is plenty of time to find other things to do, one night doesn’t make that much a difference.

Old 02-20-2018, 06:59 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,089,802 times
I would find someone else to go....

I've had many of friends pull me into things out of my comfort zone and ended up enjoying myself.

It is not uncommon for couples to have differing interests.... it is wise to learn to allow "the individual" to thrive/enjoy as well as the "the couple".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships