Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 03:11 PM

207 posts, read 108,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I never said men were perfect, there’s good and bad men out there. Same with women. I don’t get why this is such a hard concept for some people to grasp. I’m actually surprised that a man would be pushing this “Women are good, men are evil” stuff.

Might have something to do with the fact that most of the people who are in prison are men, and most of the people who traffic other people are men, most of the people who are responsible for the drugs underworld and the vast majority of the worldwide violent crime and murderers, and terrorist bombers, and warlords, being men.

But that's just my opinion, of course

Old 07-09-2018, 03:15 PM
RJ_

743 posts, read 392,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomguy18 View Post
I’m actually surprised that a man would be pushing this “Women are good, men are evil” stuff.
I think it's indicative of a social trend. As such, a man is more likely to have romantic success if he conforms to the trend.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
I think it's indicative of a social trend. As such, a man is more likely to have romantic success if he conforms to the trend.

No. It's because I was raised by sisters and aunts and female cousins, and I had many more female friends than male friends growing up. They are so soft and so sweet and so caring and loving, that I could never understand why a man would go on about complaining about women.

And I met MANY women from every continent in this world of ours, and I fell in love with how feminine women still are regardless of how much physical or emotional pain they are IN, as their freedoms and their desire for self-expression is curbed by men who think women are to be owned and traded for a good financial alliance.

Do you know what it's like to be told by a girl you care about as a sister that she's afraid she's going to be killed in an honor-killing by her father because she fell in love and had sex with a man she wasn't supposed to be touched by because he was of a lower caste, and her dad wanted to use her beauty to climb the social caste system?

Yes, there are men who are great, men who have done a lot for Mankind. The Greatest generation of men comes to mind, those men who stopped Hitler and Nazism. But worlwide? The majority of men are good people? Hell, no.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:22 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,403,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshyy View Post
No. It's because I was raised by sisters and aunts and female cousins, and I had many more female friends than male friends growing up. They are so soft and so sweet and so caring and loving, that I could never understand why a man would go on about complaining about women.

And I met MANY women from every continent in this world of ours, and I fell in love with how feminine women still are regardless of how much physical or emotional pain they are IN, as their freedoms and their desire for self-expression is curbed by men who think women are to be owned and traded for a good financial alliance.

Do you know what it's like to be told by a girl you care about as a sister that she's afraid she's going to be killed in an honor-killing by her father because she fell in love and had sex with a man she wasn't supposed to be touched by because he was of a lower caste, and her dad wanted to use her beauty to climb the social caste system?

Yes, there are men who are great, men who have done a lot for Mankind. The Greatest generation of men comes to mind, those men who stopped Hitler and Nazism. But worlwide? The majority of men are good people? Hell, no.
At this point, I feel sorry for you (assuming you aren't a troll that is). There are plenty of bad men and women out there, but I can venture to say that there are many more good men and women than bad ones out there.

Plenty of males are also soft, sweet, caring and loving. It's not just exclusive to females.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:23 PM
RJ_

Quote:
But worlwide? The majority of men are good people? Hell, no.
Well, I think this is just evidence of your skewed perspective, the result of conforming to a trend or mindset. If you have a preconceived notion in place, actual evidence will have no effect on you, thus making your comments rhetoric and not substantiated by any real data. It's wild speculation to suggest that the majority of the world's males are not good. But it's a statement that aligns with the social trend to which you have conformed.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:24 PM

296 posts, read 265,385 times
Comes in, backs out of thread slowly....

Old 07-09-2018, 03:27 PM

20,364 posts, read 14,636,289 times
Quote:
Might have something to do with the fact that most of the people who are in prison are men, and most of the people who traffic other people are men, most of the people who are responsible for the drugs underworld and the vast majority of the worldwide violent crime and murderers, and terrorist bombers, and warlords, being men.

But that's just my opinion, of course
I think you are right, but also I think there is a flip-side to every coin, and in this one I would look at men who do good acts, and I believe that there are many. And not just the big, flashy heroes, but a lot of everyday good men.

But I would tend to agree with a point I believe JerZ was making somewhere (I think?) that societal conditioning informs a lot of the behavior that individuals engage in. I think that most people kind of go along with what they have been taught from what is around them, from their family, church, community, etc. Even if we set aside global cultural differences, I have lived in 5 different states in different parts of the US. During my time in each, my environment, including regional attitudes, became my "new normal" to the point where I look at those in other parts of the country who think and speak and act very differently and I'm like "what the heck?" I think that humans are wired very strongly to group-identify and self sort, to seek "like me" and to perceive "not like me" in various ways. For some that manifests in things like racism and misogyny. For some like me, it's divides more based on ideologies.

But a whole human isn't just the hardware, it's also the software. The wiring doesn't function without the programming, and often the programming can override it. That is something I like to point out to those of more absolutist mentalities here. There could be vague generalizations that speak to the wiring side, but if you're ignoring the fact that each person's unique life experiences, their "nurture", their programming, has had a strong impact on who they are and what they think, say, and do...you are just not seeing the whole picture. At all.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:28 PM
RJ_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danica32 View Post
Comes in, backs out of thread slowly....

Old 07-09-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
At this point, I feel sorry for you (assuming you aren't a troll that is). There are plenty of bad men and women out there, but I can venture to say that there are many more good men and women than bad ones out there.

Plenty of males are also soft, sweet, caring and loving. It's not just exclusive to females.

If only that was true. The Middle-east is the perfect example of what happens when there is no balance between the sexes and men are in control of the opposite sex. And again, i'm not talking about the lack of men who are soft and sweet and caring and lovely. I have that guy living with my mother. I call him father, and yes, there's a lot of them. But compared to the rest of the men in the world? They're a minority.

Quote:
Well, I think this is just evidence of your skewed perspective, the result of conforming to a trend or mindset. If you have a preconceived notion in place, actual evidence will have no effect on you, thus making your comments rhetoric and not substantiated by any real data. It's wild speculation to suggest that the majority of the world's males are not good. But it's a statement that aligns with the social trend to which you have conformed.
If the majority of the world's males are good, why are there so many millions upon millions of women who are treated like trash? Killed off before they are even born? The Chinese are 1 billion strong. Women are discarded at birth because they all want a son, and there's plenty of rural Chinese women who have to marry men they don't want to marry. There are almost 1 billion people in India. Women there are still very much used as means for their fathers to rise above their own social caste, women are still harassed and done even further violence by the thousands, or more, everyday.

Africa, same story. South America. The United States and Europe are such tiny places compared to the rest of the world, and the fact that men behave more or less decently in the western Countries got nothing to do with what I say, because there are so very few of them, in a global scale, and many of them are only decent and well-behaved because they have to, and there's so many more guys who don't love women, who don't respect women, and who don't see women as human beings.

Jesus, thank god my sisters will never set a foot in China or Iran.

Old 07-09-2018, 03:30 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,984,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ_ View Post
This is simply wrong, categorically. The men were always the hunters and the men were always the ones who fought in battles to secure the safety of their tribes. It's always been the men who do the building and constructing of shelters. Am I saying that women have never hunted, built a shelter or fought in a battle? Of course not. I'm simply saying that it's always been overwhelmingly men who have done these things. This is not up for debate, it's historically proven. Why is this the way it's always been? Because of biology. Men are better equipped for the more physically arduous endeavors.
No. As far as "battles" you are only going back a few thousand years. As far as "hunters," we see cave paintings of both men and women spearing animals. As far as providing in general, women historically have been the gatherers, often providing the bulk of vegetable foods even when meat couldn't be caught.

Of course women hunted and built shelters. And they fought battles even in comparatively (as part of human existence) recent history, particularly peoples such as the Celts.

No, the above is not the way it has ALWAYS been, not by a looooooooooooong stretch, and not today in non-human apes, either. A power-hungry male comes into gorilla territory and tries to rape a random female, even without a male there, you watch and see whether that intruder leaves without an eye gouged out.

Post-dawn of agricultural society came with a lot of very unnatural changes and seems to have instituted higher territorial desires (even when not needed, say, for foraging), civil war, dominance wars, and violence on a larger scale in general, as well as harsh penalty systems and other unsavory things. Including the idea of dominance in general, at which time women's rights did indeed begin to be taken away, slaves having recently become a thing and the idea of "work or you don't eat and you get hit a lot or maybe killed" spreading fast. It's very unnatural, has not been around long as a part of the whole of human existence, and predictably, only lasted so long before it has begun to die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships