Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2018, 09:22 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,890,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I haven't been on a dating site for ten years, but yes, that would definitely kill it for me.

I laughed at "long walks on the beach". I saw a comment by a guy once who said everyone says that and if it were true, you'd see couples all the time taking long walks on the beach.
It's funny, I live in a place that's famous for beach after beach and I too rarely see people walking along one holding hands.

It is HARD to walk on sand in a straight line like that. I did it once with a guy who said he loved the beach in winter. It was so hard to try to hold to his hand while tramping over sand.

I see tons of people ON the beach, sure. Sunning, playing, etc. And running for the water. And people will walk along boardwalks or through the adjacent town. But people will do that anywhere, not just beaches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2018, 09:40 AM

1,178 posts, read 682,470 times
Smoking

Looking for friends

Spender

Old 02-21-2018, 09:45 AM

990 posts, read 2,545,978 times
1,Child/children.

2, Vegan.

3, Tattoos.

There might be more, but those are my top three.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:48 AM

44,256 posts, read 64,154,152 times
Bad spelling/grammar.
Anything that makes you look or sound like a flake.
Excessive animal companions.
Most visible tattoos.
Not being hot.
Religious or political zealots (of any persuasion).
Obviously smoking/drugs.
They have kids.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyFoxSeaton View Post
They just say that to get you. In the end they can't do that stuff with two kids. Or if they do they are a terrible parents. So they will home with the kids while you do your passion.
We take our kids with us.
They're kids. Not incompetents.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:09 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,329,313 times
If I ever did OLD, I'd be turned off by people who seem turned off by lots of things. I'm not just being contrarian here. Who really needs to be around someone who is looking for a reason to not be around you? Timberline said it a few pages back. I'd look for reasons to connect, not reasons not to connect. That's more than a strategy; it's really an approach to life.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
If I ever did OLD, I'd be turned off by people who seem turned off by lots of things. I'm not just being contrarian here. Who really needs to be around someone who is looking for a reason to not be around you? Timberline said it a few pages back. I'd look for reasons to connect, not reasons not to connect. That's more than a strategy; it's really an approach to life.
I think because my relationships taught me just as much about what I don't want as what I do want.

I never dated a bad person or a crazy person. And lots of people are simply lovely in their own way and can offer a lot to a relationship. But there are things that make day-to-day living joyous or a living hell (without the person him/herself being bad).

Best to recognize that up front.

Like buying a 2 seater car when you have a family of six. Eliminate stuff that simply is not going to work.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:32 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,833,078 times
Quote:
Agreed! I would never have given my SO a chance IF I had read his online dating profile, unless I was one of those women that are described on CDR, only interested in money and height. Since those were never the qualifications I listed, I would have passed on him due to his reported political views and ideas about relationship roles! (And a Nascar fan)

The things I thought were deal-breakers have had no negative impact on our relationship. I really like a guy with different points of view and interests than mine, after all.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:35 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,278,238 times
Quote:
It's nice to want to connect that part I agree with.

However, there are just some people and some personalities that I don't want to deal with.

My past relationships with picking the wrong women made me selective. I no longer just choose a woman cause she's hot/sexy.

Life taught me that all that glitters isn't gold.

Old 02-21-2018, 10:40 AM

235 posts, read 147,805 times
I honestly usually look at profiles but my main is the pic. Anyway, my husband said it was in his profile that he does not want kids. Mine says I want kids. So yeah I don't know why he messaged me. Had I seen that, I may not have gone out with him. And the rest won't be history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships