Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 01:51 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
A lot of people who stretch it out that long are seeing a bunch of people, and you're one of the options they're keeping in their reserve.

If someone isn't interested enough to meet up in the relatively near future, odds are, you're on their B-team.
That's the problem. Once you realize you've been B-listed, time to bail out. If more people did this, it would make things more difficult for Players. They would have fewer people to string along. They'd be taking more a risk if they even tried it with someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2018, 01:56 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,563,461 times
There is no reason you CAN'T "next" somebody who behaves in a way that indicates they're talking to you as backup, though.

Old 02-24-2018, 07:31 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,017 times
Also, people often say "I met someone online" when what they're doing is texting and emailing - which doesn't amount to squat. They haven't actually met in person and most likely never will.

AND

Married and attached people like to play around oniine. They say they're too busy right now to meet.

As far as single people who play the ""busy" card...Well if you're THAT busy you don't have time to date/be in a real relationship.

Last edited by applej3; 02-24-2018 at 08:21 PM..

Old 02-24-2018, 08:16 PM

777 posts, read 452,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison1207 View Post
I would do it in order to vet someone. If will throw things out at them and see how they bite.

I usually stand men up once or twice in the first few meetings. I usually ALWAYS stand a man up the first meeting, I have a super emergency of course, I give about a 24 hour notice. Just to see if he throws a tantrum, or is cool about it, or doesn't care at all.
How rude.

Generally if someone canceled a first meet with me on short notice, they didn't get another chance. Not because I am throwing a tantrum or don't care, but because I expect respect and consideration.

I guess I am old school. If I say I am going to be there, I am there, and I expect the same courtesy.

This testing garbage just sounds horribly manipulative and shady.

Old 02-24-2018, 08:27 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
How rude.

Generally if someone canceled a first meet with me on short notice, they didn't get another chance. Not because I am throwing a tantrum or don't care, but because I expect respect and consideration.

I guess I am old school. If I say I am going to be there, I am there, and I expect the same courtesy.

This testing garbage just sounds horribly manipulative and shady.
Agree.

And btw Allison, calling with an excuse is not standing g someone up.
Standing someone up is not showing up and not calling. Any man/woman who puts up with that is a dope.

Last edited by applej3; 02-24-2018 at 08:42 PM..

Old 02-24-2018, 08:28 PM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
I always wanted to chat with them for awhile before meeting, it helped weed them out. But long term? No.

I guess for some it is all the intimacy they can handle?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-24-2018, 10:39 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,378,016 times
Quote:
I would do it in order to vet someone. If will throw things out at them and see how they bite.

I usually stand men up once or twice in the first few meetings. I usually ALWAYS stand a man up the first meeting, I have a super emergency of course, I give about a 24 hour notice. Just to see if he throws a tantrum, or is cool about it, or doesn't care at all.
That sounds like playing games to me. Have some more consideration for other people.

If someone stood me up for a first date or cancelled last minute, I would never speak to him again. And that's not a temper tantrum, it's me showing respect for myself.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:02 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Easy. During texting if a man or woman says something that's a dealbreaker you can just next them aka cut off communication. There's no time lost and avoids confrontation.

Old 02-25-2018, 12:05 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,304,633 times
Quote:

WTH? Oh no! No man with any self respect would put up with that.

After the first stand up I'd have been deleted your number and moved on.

Old 02-25-2018, 11:02 AM

8,781 posts, read 9,450,158 times
they have no further interest with you than what you have to offer them now.

There are way too many specific sceneros to write that fit this role.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships