Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 06:29 AM

26,691 posts, read 41,629,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
Maybe she just really likes you and she's excited about seeing you again? I mean, would that be such a bad thing if you were someone that she got excited about spending time with?
Yeah, but she is clearly getting obsessive about it, which is reason enough for OP to move on. Forget a red flag, this is a giant STOP sign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowowee View Post
Yeah, no you are all just airheads. I had let go of all of that when I decided to find someone online in dating sites. MY husband actually ghosted me for a week. When we were dating, can you believe that? He actually got snippy at me when I message him first. I usually don't message first but that 1 time I message him first he was like, not now, I was like OK. LOL. WTF.

If I was still proud like most of my life. I would not have been married by now. But well like I said, that's why you all are single.
Airheads? Really? Just because you were willing to settle for the first interested person doesn’t mean being single is a bad move for the rest of us because we ain’t willing to go to the first person who wants to buy. Yeah, it is self-pride but I want someone worthy of having pride in and ain’t content to go to the first bidder.

Again, being single ain’t a failure if you know your worth.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:43 AM

235 posts, read 148,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Airheads? Really? Just because you were willing to settle for the first interested person doesn’t mean being single is a bad move for the rest of us because we ain’t willing to go to the first person who wants to buy. Yeah, it is self-pride but I want someone worthy of having pride in and ain’t content to go to the first bidder.

Again, being single ain’t a failure if you know your worth.
LOL. I was a serial dater. I was a hot commodity on online dating. I met my husband when I was about to give up. I was there for 2 years. WTF you talking about. Yeah sure don't settle. Enjoy dying a virgin. LOL. That was my main reason for dating online, for serious. Glad I won't die like I fear.

The bold just makes me ROFL. Keep telling yourself that.

Last edited by wowowee; 02-23-2018 at 06:52 AM..

Old 02-23-2018, 06:49 AM

1,278 posts, read 1,111,571 times
Quote:
Yeah, but she is clearly getting obsessive about it, which is reason enough for OP to move on. Forget a red flag, this is a giant STOP sign.
I think obsessive is in the eye of the beholder. Meaning that, if he was excited about her too then it wouldn't even be an issue. But he must not be into her if it upsets him so much that she really likes him and wants to see him again.

So fine, OP, if you aren't that into her then don't pursue it. But don't get all offended when someone meets you and is interested and therefore excited to see you again. Accept that you're not compatible and move on.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:59 AM

8,452 posts, read 4,733,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Well there is a 10 year age gap and she is in her 20's, so you might have a point. But its not like I wasn't in my 20's once and dating and know how it is. The only difference now is I play less games or worry about abiding by dating rules.
Fair enough. I don't think she's playing games though, I think she's being forthright about her interest. Maybe too forthright...that's ultimately your decision. I wouldn't put her on the "hit it and quit it" list though. She seems too interested for that.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowowee View Post
LOL. I was a serial dater. I was a hot commodity on online dating. I met my husband when I was about to give up. I was there for 2 years. WTF you talking about. Yeah sure don't settle. Enjoy dying a virgin. LOL. That was my main reason for dating online, for serious. Glad I won't die like I fear.

The bold just makes me ROFL. Keep telling yourself that.
Like you told yourself you were a hot commodity in online dating? Two can clap back.

Old 02-23-2018, 07:15 AM

4,414 posts, read 2,910,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Fair enough. I don't think she's playing games though, I think she's being forthright about her interest. Maybe too forthright...that's ultimately your decision. I wouldn't put her on the "hit it and quit it" list though. She seems too interested for that.
Shes not playing games. We'll see how the next date goes.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:24 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
Quote:
We want a mate who ain’t crazy, ain’t clingy, and shows a reasonable level of interest. It’s not that hard.
Huh? You just said a guy will "put up with" crazy and clingy if she's hot.

So apparently...it IS that hard.

'Cause he won't put up with crazy and clingy. Well...until he will.

Except he'll complain about it on a message board because duh! Crazy and clingy are just wrong.

So it's bad! But it's good. Or...neutral. JUST the hot part is good...? But....no wait. It is a +1. Or not...it could be either a +3 or +4 but that is weighed against the negatives but maybe 3 negatives could be offset by hot if hot in this case equals +4, making it outweigh the negatives by 1?

Or something.

Yeah. Seems it IS "that hard."

Do what you want, OP.

Old 02-23-2018, 08:29 AM

2,136 posts, read 2,305,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Well it's just one part of the total package. Most people weigh all their positives with negatives. Good looking is a +1. Also, I wouldn't expect clingy behavior from desirable or attractive girls because guys should be fighting over them.
Unless she is a "wingnut".

Old 02-23-2018, 08:35 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
Quote:
We want a mate who ain’t crazy, ain’t clingy, and shows a reasonable level of interest. It’s not that hard.
FTR, if it were "not that hard," the OP, who says this woman is clingy and believes she may be crazy, wouldn't even be asking this question. He'd be, as the song says, done, done, on to the next one.

When I hear "All guys want is!" on here sometimes, I am always reminded of the marriage breakup scene in The Jerk. I'll copy and paste:

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray... And this paddle game. - The ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need... And this remote control. - The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need... And these matches. - The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control, and the paddle ball... And this lamp. - The ashtray, this paddle game, and the remote control, and the lamp, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The paddle game and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches for sure. Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

[walking outside]

Navin R. Johnson: The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair.

Navin R. Johnson: [outside now] And I don't need one other thing, except my dog.

[Dog growls at him]

Navin R. Johnson: I don't need my dog.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships