Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 08:21 PM

86 posts, read 46,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
The fact that you believe this outlandish fairy tale you spun (simply to prove to yourself) that ugly guys can never, ever, find love without being wealthy is very concerning, and says a lot about your mental state. You are suffering some major cognitive dissonance.

On the contrary, I believe it reflects positively about my mental state. It indicates, I have the self-awareness to look at my situation completely objectively and honestly w/no sugarcoating at all.

I believe acceptance of the facts of one's fate is a sign of maturity, regardless how unfortunate those facts may be.

I was hoping to hear some general advice, particularly from those who have been/ and are going down this road. Perhaps they have some tips?

Old 02-25-2018, 08:36 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Incels. We have regulars here who are incels you say? Those who believe women are shallow and only exist to torture the men they don't "give sex to"? You picked that up after being here a month? I really hope we don't have to share those kind of stories, its a romantic-Relationship sub forum for the love of God! There is nothing to learn by sharing stories of mean women swearing at you when you tried to hold the door open. Those of us with advice and real experience would like to help and share real life helpful tips. You won't learn anything if you go right back to reddit to fuel up on urban legends and misery.

Are you open-minded and willing to change your thinking style?

Old 02-25-2018, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
We have regulars here who are incels you say? Those who believe women are shallow and only exist to torture the men they don't "give sex to"? You picked that up after being here a month?

Are you open-minded and willing to change your thinking style?
For the record, I don't subscribe to the belief that "women are shallow," or "only exist to torture the men they don't "give sex to."

And, I don't think most other Involuntarily Celibate men feel that way either. We have been given a bad name by the renegade outliers.

I don't believe that the ladies who rejected me when I pursued were shallow;
I actually understand that there needs to be a mutual physical attraction, between two people for a relationship to be romantic.

I have many platonic lady friends, we get along great.....yet despite the chemistry there is not a mutual physical attraction on her end.
This is perfectly understandable given my scar and overall physical appearance. I don't expect anyone to date me out of pity, as obviously no woman wants to be intimate with a physically disfigured guy.

I don't hold it against anyone (well maybe the guy who was speeding/crashed his car into me)......it is what it is.

I am here to hear the discuss with others who are celibate for reasons beyond there control; i.e.) my disfigurement from a car accident.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:18 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,866,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKearns21 View Post
For the record, I don't subscribe to the belief that "women are shallow," or "only exist to torture the men they don't "give sex to."

And, I don't think most other Involuntarily Celibate men feel that way either. We have been given a bad name by the renegade outliers.

I don't believe that the ladies who rejected me when I pursued were shallow;
I actually understand that there needs to be a mutual physical attraction, between two people for a relationship to be romantic.

I have many platonic lady friends, we get along great.....yet despite the chemistry there is not a mutual physical attraction on her end.
This is perfectly understandable given my scar and overall physical appearance. I don't expect anyone to date me out of pity, as obviously no woman wants to be intimate with a physically disfigured guy.

I don't hold it against anyone (well maybe the guy who was speeding/crashed his car into me)......it is what it is.

I am here to hear the discuss with others who are celibate for reasons beyond there control; i.e.) my disfigurement from a car accident.
Ok, then you're different. Don't use Reddit phrase-of-the-month and smart women won't run. Do you see how my being immediately turned off had nothing to do with your looks?

I graduated with twin boys. They had been in a house fire when they were young. One didn't get out as fast. His whole face was scarred up for life. They both have a girlfriend/or wife. The disfigured one has a better job. He's tries harder.

Old 02-25-2018, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post

I graduated with twin boys. They had been in a house fire when they were young. One didn't get out as fast. His whole face was scarred up for life. They both have a girlfriend/or wife. The disfigured one has a better job. He's tries harder.
Unfortunately there is a good chance the girlfriend/wife of the disfigured guy is with him for his money, since he has a better job. It saddens me to think that he might have a gold-digger at his heels.

She probably has an attractive boyfriend she sees to get her needs met, I doubt she is intimate with the disfigured guy? Yet, I know some people will do anything for money; it is probably strictly a "business" arrangement.

I do know some men are fine with this though, and are happy to essentially "pay" for a romantic "relationship" or "wife" who is only there for financial reasons.

I don't make enough money to support a gold-digger, and even if I did I couldn't stomach the thought of a woman being disgusted while being intimate with me and only doing so for monetary benefit.

The only other reason I could think of for why a lady would be intimate with a guy disfigured from a fire would be charitable pity, which is possible. She could view this as her good deed. Speaking personally I could never be a charity case, no matter how desperate.

Whatever works for people though.

Last edited by JKearns21; 02-25-2018 at 09:59 PM..

Old 02-25-2018, 09:58 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
OP, if you are not looking for a relationship at all then maybe to Health forum is where you could try asking this question?

Old 02-26-2018, 12:59 AM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
Quote:
Unfortunately there is a good chance the girlfriend/wife of the disfigured guy is with him for his money, since he has a better job. It saddens me to think that he might have a gold-digger at his heels.
guess its best that you spend the rest of your days lonely since you seem to hate women despite wanting a relationship...

yes, you hate women, or for some other reason are jaded because that's the first thing you think of when you see someone better off than you, it must be because of money?

more than likely, you had many options but you ignored them because you didn't find them "pretty" enough for you... too late to complain about it now

Old 02-26-2018, 02:37 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
Quote:

She probably has an attractive boyfriend she sees to get her needs met, I doubt she is intimate with the disfigured guy? Yet, I know some people will do anything for money; it is probably strictly a "business" arrangement.

When you see a positive as a negative, there's little hope for you.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
yes, you hate women, or for some other reason are jaded because that's the first thing you think of when you see someone better off than you, it must be because of money?
No, I certainly do NOT hate women.

Forgive me for saying so; however if you are truly honest with yourself what other reason besides money would a women have for being with an ugly guy?
Pity/charity perhaps? Or perhaps she needs glasses? Either way something fishy must be going on.

You can't expect me to actually believe that a woman would be intimate with an ugly guy for free;what would she gain?

Old 02-26-2018, 05:20 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times
What would she gain?
Just maybe a loving relationship with a guy that's happy, good natured, fun, considerate, intelligent , kind and many/any other positive things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships