Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 10:37 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by not enough View Post
What I hate is when somebody who doesn't know you at all tries to tell you what options you had, needs to stop. Op I believe you because I didn't have options either and I know a few guys who have dealt with this too.
I am speaking in general. I don't know the OP's specific case, or yours.

I do know that being "ugly" as the OP calls himself, does NOT mean you can never date or marry or have sex.

As was mentioned up thread... find a blind person.

I think that, more often than not, it is personality and personal traits that could make a person less likely to date.

When a really good looking person has some of those same traits, folks are sometimes willing to tolerate it because they're really good looking (or good in bed, or make a lot of money, or something).

If you're homely as a beat up dog, you really have GOT to show up with a great personality and some traits people can use to overlook your other shortcomings.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Op you know what's been helping lately is when I get in the internet and see some of the disgusting and heartless things women say about men. It makes my blood boil and makes me sick to even look at them at times.
Quit reading them, then.

I love men. Men are wonderful. I'm married to one. I have quite a few exes that I still keep in touch with because we remained friends. Two of my kids are male.

In short, I think you're reading the wrong things and/or adding your own slant to what you see.

Men can say some really disgusting things about women, too. I choose not to read them.

What purpose is reading that hateful crap going to serve?

Being a jerk isn't gender-specific.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:41 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
I've seen this guy on several shows, but he's living proof that life is what you make of it: https://www.today.com/health/born-wi...courage-t26796

Old 02-26-2018, 10:45 AM

Quote:
This crap again, does someone see your personality when they aren't attracted you? You can talk that personality bull all you want us ugly people know someone being attracted to you is how they see your personality.
It's not crap. Yes, you have to get people to talk to you first.

So, you have to GO OUT INTO THE SOCIAL WORLD.

Join clubs where there are hobbies you enjoy and the clubs have male and female participants. Take courses where there are men and women taking those courses.

Find friends who are paired up who can introduce you to people.

In short, you cannot be unattractive and hop on Tinder and hope for your inbox to be flooded. Does not work for either gender.

Go out and look at couples everywhere. Young and old. Notice that not all of them are gorgeous. Some are downright ugly.

And, there they are... coupled.

I'm not making it up. Go see for yourself.

If you live in a place full of mostly self-absorbed "beautiful people" consider moving.

At the very least, drive to a place nearby where the population is a bit less "perfect" and people watch. Or take a vacation to such a place.

You will be amazed.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:47 AM

Quote:
To help me despise women, relationships and sex or Didi you forget that this is what the thread is about?
Sounds like you've already succeeded, so carry on.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKearns21 View Post
In another thread here; 40 year old man never been in a relationship... What about sex?? one poster described his involuntarily celibate life due to the unfortunate hand he was dealt aesthetically.

I can relate to his story since I was also unfortunate enough to be born with physically unattractive looks; Before my car accident in 2016 I was probably a 1.5 or a 2 out of 10. After the accident I am now probably a (negative)--8 or --9 .

Growing up I had plenty of friends but never any romantic relationships. I am obviously a virgin, but have also never had even one kiss or held hands with a woman.

Growing up My question of course was how does one come to terms with it and try to learn to live a happy life?

I would be interested to hear advice (excluding prostitution) for someone in our position.......who is unable to ever experience mutual romantic attraction and intimacy due to extreme physical unattractiveness due to genetics or unfortunate accidents?.........

I've previously considered castration, testosterone reduction, and plastic surgery.

I also believe the education system should consider enforcing all male schooling for those with features that will undoubtedly prohibit female romantic interest during adolescence....At least the ugly guys wouldn't have to experience the perpetual sting of rejection....and the young ladies wouldn't have to feel uncomfortable by ugly guys asking them out. Win win for all.

This is definitely a problem in today's world as many are struggling as evidenced by this forum. Granted we are a small minority, yet IMO not a small as previously believed.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.
Thanks.
Also, wanted to add:

If you are who I think you are, you practically stalked that poor girl in high school.

You still need to see someone about that issue. I'm sorry if you've had an accident that has reduced your confidence in yourself, but that's a separate issue from your inability to read people's cues.

I do wish you well, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships