Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 09:28 AM

23,218 posts, read 29,034,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Actually the biggest variable is using protection. I would feel much safer with someone with 100 partners that religiously uses protection than with someone with 10 that doesn't.
As a male prostitute, AIDS made my job far easier and far safer. No one wants to risk getting it so much of sex with prostitutes is on the safer side. People who pick people up at single's bars delude themselves into thinking it's safer because they're not prostitutes, so why use condoms?

And let's not forget, some people are immune to AIDS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2018, 09:29 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
To make it clear..... Body fluids are the vehicle in which the Viruses and pathogens ride.

The more fluids exchanged the higher the number of disease germs and viruses.

The higher the number, the greater the risk of infection.

To keep this simple...... Using HIV as an example.

HIV lives in the tissues and blood of the host.

Seman is a body fluid that frequently transports the virus, however other fluids hold significant levels and can transmit the disease.

HIV is detectable in vaginal fluids along with saliva, blood and virtually any other mucus secretion.

Lastly, (while HIV makes you dead), our old friends Syphilis, Herpes, Gonorrhea, Chlamydea, etc. are still with us, and nothing to be "scoffed" at.

First, HIV doesn't make you dead anymore.

Again, I don't see the relevance of this. And no, higher number /= more germs and viruses.

It's like you people don't know about precautions one can take, and regular testing and sharing the results. That is scary. You're also making it sound like someone is going to get HIV from kissing, etc, which is also scary and wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
As a male prostitute, AIDS made my job far easier and far safer. No one wants to risk getting it so much of sex with prostitutes is on the safer side. People who pick people up at single's bars delude themselves into thinking it's safer because they're not prostitutes, so why use condoms?
Exactly. The people in the kink and fetish communities that I know are far far safer about protection and being tested regularly than most people that are more sedate and "normal" in their dating and sex. The former are far more safe to deal with.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:31 AM

990 posts, read 2,556,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
and the relevance to this thread?

I think most people here are pretty knowledgable about such things and don't need a lecture.

BUT!!!! you said you didn't understand.

I was simply attempting to educate you and others to the hidden dangers of patronizing a prostitute.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:35 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgardener View Post
That's on him, not you. If he's seeing prostitutes, he has already broken up your home. Take care of yourself and your kids. (He is already taking care of himself.)
Beat me to it.

Exactly. You aren't going to hide anything from your kids. Oh yes, the details maybe, but they will know something is wrong even if you think you're putting on a good show.

And why would YOU want to live that way anyway?

I realize this is too new to absorb all this, but just adding my 2 cents.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
In other words you were snooping around and did not like what you found. Anyway, prostitution is against the law in this wonderful country of ours so are you sure that your husband was breaking the law? It just does not make too much sense that a person arranging to meet sex workers did not password protect the iPad or his e-mail account...
Yes, I kind of thought that the unwritten parts are a) she was suspicious in the first place, and b) he made it easy to get caught.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I'm pretty laid back about sex and generally optimistic about couples that really decide to work through an affair. But um, prostitutes? Nope. It's simply too deliberate and planned for me to be ok with it. It wasn't "this started when we both got tipsy and just snowballed into an affair" - it was "we scheduled a time and negotiated a price." That skeeves me out.

And then if you open up the can of worms regarding the background of the prostitutes in question, there may even be an argument that your husband shouldn't even be around your children. Between underage prostitutes and sex trafficking, prostitution can be a blanket term that refers to a wide spectrum of activities and situations, from women who are essentially independent contractors who entirely control their situation to women and girls who are unwilling participants in abusive situations.

There's no point in keeping your home intact. See a lawyer. Get to a therapist. Protect any assets you may be entited to. Protect your children.
I did wonder if the possibility exists that he has some sort of fetish or something that he feels he cannot approach his wife about and acts it out with the hookers.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:39 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banger View Post
BUT!!!! you said you didn't understand.

I was simply attempting to educate you and others to the hidden dangers of patronizing a prostitute.
I am intimately knowledgeable of the life of a prostitute (as well as the risks and how to mitigate them) and much more educated on the topic than you.

and No.. I didn't say I didn't understand. I simply asked (like others have) the relevance to this thread?

Old 02-28-2018, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantNJ View Post
Maybe these were 15 years of nagging, drama and evening headaches? And very expensive V-day presents?
Sidebar: That's a standard joke in TV and movies, but has anyone anywhere actually ever used having a headache as an excuse to not have sex?

Old 02-28-2018, 09:43 AM

41,937 posts, read 36,948,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sidebar: That's a standard joke in TV and movies, but has anyone anywhere actually ever used having a headache as an excuse to not have sex?
If someone had a headache that bad (I dated someone who got migraines) you knew they were in pain and wouldn't even joke about sex.

Old 02-28-2018, 09:45 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Mine has.. but when it was a topic of discussion a while ago, she couldn't answer anything.. zero... she froze and sat quiet. So I guess the whole headache thing was an the best excuse she could come up with since she probably didn't know herself.

But that is besides the point. The agreement of marriage, I assume, didn't allow for sex outside the marriage so there really isn't an excuse. However, it takes two to tango so one should reflect on the cause that lead up to the infidelity or risk repeating.

I would imagine there are people who have migranes that are bad enough to be sickness.... who would be in the mood for sex in that condition? no one
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships