Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2018, 12:54 PM

20,747 posts, read 19,943,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvetrevolver View Post
Update- After not talking all day yesterday, I messaged him around 7, asked him how his day was. He answered pretty quickly. Well this is basically the conversation:

Me: Hey, how's your day been?
Him: Busy, long day at work actually. I'm so tired right now
Me: Haha that sucks. And it's been raining a lot
Him: I know. How are you? We could have met tonight
Me: I'm good, just having dinner. Haha, you could have suggested to meet
Him: I know, I wanted to
Me: So why didn't you say something?
Him: I don 't know I'm stupid, I don't know what's going on with me
Me: You wanna do something tomorrow night?
Him: Today would have been better. Tomorrow possibly
Me: Ok. If you want to meet tomorrow sure, if not not. Easy haha
Him: It's not as easy as you think
Me: And that's because...

After that he didn't answer anymore. Still hasn't. I don't get him. Whatever.. I'm not gonna say anything again.
Oh Lord. What a tool. Block his number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2018, 01:16 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,978,053 times
"It's not as easy as you think..." Why? Does he get lost easily? Is he a hologram, like Darth Sidius? Does his gas tank have a chronic leak?

Drop this guy like he's hot. (Because...he's not.)

Old 03-01-2018, 01:19 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,444,863 times
If someone isn’t willing to make time for you that says all you should really need to hear from them.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:22 PM

4,829 posts, read 4,280,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Oh Lord. What a tool. Block his number.

I know right. He's just shifting the blame from him to her. I've been in those situations before and honestly nobody wins. You're always left blaming yourself, because the other person doesn't want to admit fault. That's one thing that really gets under my skin about dating. There's nothing wrong with saying sorry, with an explanation, and then trying to make it up to the person. Just the word sorry by itself means nothing to me; however, paired with an explanation and a plan to fix it, really does make me reevaluate the situation. When people aren't willing to fix a problem early on, it's best to leave them behind along with the aforementioned problem.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:37 PM

5,460 posts, read 7,756,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
EVERY guy [edited]...who is interested in you would have tried to sleep with you already. Every time I hear these stories (or experience it myself) when a man is not eager to get physical, something is wrong.
Not necessarily true, lol...a guy can be in a romantic relationship with a girl, have genuine romantic feelings for her, and even be at her place together with her and cuddling with her, and still not try to sleep with her...I know because I've personally done that before in the past, more than once There are a multitude of possible reasons why a guy might not try to sleep with a girl he is attracted to (even if he knew she would be up for that), for example such as religious reasons, etc.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:53 PM

17 posts, read 7,627 times
I start thinking he's crazy. He didn't answer last night after my 'And this is because...' message, then didn't message me all day until an hour ago. An hour ago he literally messaged me saying "So? We're not meeting tonight are we?'
I still haven't answered. I mean wtf...

Old 03-01-2018, 01:53 PM

102,178 posts, read 107,754,292 times
Quote:
Update- After not talking all day yesterday, I messaged him around 7, asked him how his day was. He answered pretty quickly. Well this is basically the conversation:

Me: Hey, how's your day been?
Him: Busy, long day at work actually. I'm so tired right now
Me: Haha that sucks. And it's been raining a lot
Him: I know. How are you? We could have met tonight
Me: I'm good, just having dinner. Haha, you could have suggested to meet
Him: I know, I wanted to
Me: So why didn't you say something?
Him: I don 't know I'm stupid, I don't know what's going on with me
Me: You wanna do something tomorrow night?
Him: Today would have been better. Tomorrow possibly
Me: Ok. If you want to meet tomorrow sure, if not not. Easy haha
Him: It's not as easy as you think
Me: And that's because...

After that he didn't answer anymore. Still hasn't. I don't get him. Whatever.. I'm not gonna say anything again.
Weird. Notice, OP, that just because you were having dinner at that moment, didn't mean the evening was shot, with not opportunity to get together. I wonder what he would have said, if you'd said, "Oh, great! Let me finish dinner, and we can go do something."

Old 03-01-2018, 01:54 PM

30,907 posts, read 32,978,053 times
Quote:
I start thinking he's crazy. He didn't answer last night after my 'And this is because...' message, then didn't message me all day until an hour ago. An hour ago he literally messaged me saying "So? We're not meeting tonight are we?'
Oh, God.

Really...don't answer. Just let this guy disappear. He is...odd.

Old 03-01-2018, 01:55 PM

102,178 posts, read 107,754,292 times
Quote:
Just put the ball back in his court. Say, "IDK, I've been waiting for your response on that since last night. It's up to you. Where are you at with this?" Put the flake on the spot a little, for not having responded to you. And for being so wishy-washy.

Or say, "You don't sound like you're up for it. Are you ok? What's going on?"

Old 03-01-2018, 01:56 PM

20,747 posts, read 19,943,301 times
[quote=Ruth4Truth;51184883]Weird. Notice, OP, that just because you were having dinner at that moment, didn't mean the evening was shot, with not opportunity to get together. I wonder what he would have said, if you'd said, "Oh, great! Let me finish dinner, and we can go do something."[/quote]

he probably would have said "you are one hour too late."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships