Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 10:44 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,975,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
See the stuff in bold you posted?

That's the crap I'm talking about. Trying to start drama by insulting me or putting me down when its not necessary at all. This is the stuff I have no time for.
I think you're the one who isn't seeing that you instigated the drama by posting a deliberately vague, button-pushing question, then continued it by inserting odd parameters for it, then said "Whaaaaaaaaat? I never meant THAT...I just meant fighting..." after you were assured of having pushed plenty of buttons.

You are skilled at initiating drama, fanning the flames to increase it, and making sure it keeps going.

You can't see this? You can't see your part? This particular "drama," indeed, this actual post didn't even exist until you went out of your way to create it. Are you able to see that?

That could be worth investigating if you legitimately don't like drama, but given the above you must be getting something out of it. That's fine, but then don't blame everyone else. Own it. You need drama. If none exists - i.e. if you don't currently have a relationship to create drama in - you'll go on a message board to drum some up. Realize that about yourself, and make a decision: is it worth the pain? If so, then it is. If not, then YOU need to change. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 11:17 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,712,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
See the stuff in bold you posted?

That's the crap I'm talking about. Trying to start drama by insulting me or putting me down when its not necessary at all. This is the stuff I have no time for.
I mean if you gave specific situational examples...people wouldn't assume stuff like this. The definition of drama is different for everybody. People asked you several times to clarify and you still spoke in vague terms. And when people still didn't get it, you got defensive as if WE'RE the ones with the problem. We're not mind readers.

From your previous posts you tend to get defensive and resort to passive aggressiveness very quickly, IMO. You need to relax. If you're talking about a specific situation, then you need to say it. That way there is no room for any confusion. If you want a genuine discussion with people, you need to be clear and concise.

Just a suggestion.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:04 PM

41,938 posts, read 36,920,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I mean if you gave specific situational examples...people wouldn't assume stuff like this. The definition of drama is different for everybody. People asked you several times to clarify and you still spoke in vague terms. And when people still didn't get it, you got defensive as if WE'RE the ones with the problem. We're not mind readers.

From your previous posts you tend to get defensive and resort to passive aggressiveness very quickly, IMO. You need to relax. If you're talking about a specific situation, then you need to say it. That way there is no room for any confusion. If you want a genuine discussion with people, you need to be clear and concise.

Just a suggestion.

Yup, I call this drama creating behavior.

Old 03-05-2018, 04:54 PM

10,500 posts, read 7,023,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I think you're the one who isn't seeing that you instigated the drama by posting a deliberately vague, button-pushing question, then continued it by inserting odd parameters for it, then said "Whaaaaaaaaat? I never meant THAT...I just meant fighting..." after you were assured of having pushed plenty of buttons.

You are skilled at initiating drama, fanning the flames to increase it, and making sure it keeps going.

You can't see this? You can't see your part? This particular "drama," indeed, this actual post didn't even exist until you went out of your way to create it. Are you able to see that?

That could be worth investigating if you legitimately don't like drama, but given the above you must be getting something out of it. That's fine, but then don't blame everyone else. Own it. You need drama. If none exists - i.e. if you don't currently have a relationship to create drama in - you'll go on a message board to drum some up. Realize that about yourself, and make a decision: is it worth the pain? If so, then it is. If not, then YOU need to change. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Yep. The ones who complain about drama are typically the ones who nurture it. Otherwise, they would simply walk away from it.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:04 PM

777 posts, read 451,933 times
There are times I feel like the people who claim to hate drama really just hate being held accountable for the cruddy way they treat their partner. Being called out for bad behavior is in their mind "drama", not their partner being righteously angry at poor treatment. Because if it's just "drama", they don't have to fix or change anything.

Old 03-06-2018, 08:26 AM

20,349 posts, read 14,623,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Onn View Post
There are times I feel like the people who claim to hate drama really just hate being held accountable for the cruddy way they treat their partner. Being called out for bad behavior is in their mind "drama", not their partner being righteously angry at poor treatment. Because if it's just "drama", they don't have to fix or change anything.
Sometimes yes. This here could be a good example. Also, if a person is having the same problems repeat in numerous attempted relationships...they are the common denominator and should examine what they are doing.

Reading this, I am just reminded of all the articles about narcissists and abusive partners who do the gaslighting and crazymaking behavior, push all the buttons and do unkind things to provoke a reaction, and when the partner finally reacts, they accuse them of being crazy, emotional, or dramatic. It's part of a common abuse pattern.

I think that it's important to ask what someone means when they say that they don't like drama. If they are being too accusatory and saying that they're constantly dealing with it...I'd wonder if they're the root cause. Me...I don't really deal in drama, at least not in my own home. When I say that, I mean that I have no tolerance for lack of self control, explosive temper tantrums or emotional volatility that is out of all proportion to reality. I'm a pretty even keeled and almost always very calm person, and I want that kind of energy in my home. If a partner yells and throws things, I will be thinking about leaving them. Likewise the ongoing trainwrecks of drug addicts, or people who just constantly generate crisis. I keep them at a certain distance. I might have a beloved friend or relative who is like that, but they won't be hanging out at my house or bunking on my couch because they are temporarily homeless or anything like that, because my home is my drama-free sanctuary. Keep that ish away from me.

But on a milder note, I am an extrovert, and my introvert partner and I talked last night about some of our friends...I find out things he never knew about them, because I interact more deeply (outside of our home!) with people...and so I know who now hates or is sleeping with whom, etc. He said he was glad he didn't have to keep track of all that. And yeah, to some extent, that's all drama, but like I said before, I take it like a soap opera on TV, I only engage with it to a point.

Old 03-06-2018, 09:15 AM

777 posts, read 451,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Reading this, I am just reminded of all the articles about narcissists and abusive partners who do the gaslighting and crazymaking behavior, push all the buttons and do unkind things to provoke a reaction, and when the partner finally reacts, they accuse them of being crazy, emotional, or dramatic. It's part of a common abuse pattern.

I am all too familiar with the crazymaking, having spent far too long with an narc ex. Yes, he did learn how to push all my buttons, and I am not proud of how I reacted at times. But these days, I'm pretty calm and drama-free because I have an SO who tries NOT to push my buttons. It's amazing how different a person I am when I'm in a healthy relationship and appreciate the difference.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:02 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,101,900 times
No drama in my relationship. Sure we have fights sometimes, but who doesn't? I can't say there's never been a time where one of us overreacted - maybe we were having a bad day and took something the other said wrong, but it doesn't happen often. And even when we fight we don't withhold sex or give the other the silent treatment. We work it out and move on. It is not hard for us to avoid drama at all. We love and respect each other.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:42 PM

7,424 posts, read 4,667,598 times
Drama is natural for the young folks or those below 30. As part of growing up, it is only natural to have better perspective on life, something that just go along with experience accumulated through years.

Having said that, people still dramatic after 35 have a problem in the mind. LOL. It's like those people who complain at work or with government. It's normal when you are young but becomes whiney as you age. I say grow up guys, only you can impact the course of your life, the rest will be fringe benefits.

Old 03-07-2018, 08:01 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,519,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Yep. The ones who complain about drama are typically the ones who nurture it. Otherwise, they would simply walk away from it.
Would you say the same to an assault victim?

Tell women who were victims of sexual assault that they brought it on themselves. That's basically the argument you are making.

ABSURD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships