Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 09:12 AM

2,483 posts, read 2,461,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by homina12 View Post
Well, one could interpret this thread as a sometimes insensitive discussion of an issue that has or will affect every man at some point in his life, and based on that interpretation they might refrain from risking offending people. I don't think that interpretation is happening, but I don't think it's too much to ask
Mann, get out of here with all that reasonableness and common sense.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2018, 09:12 AM

20,252 posts, read 14,484,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I thought the erection was over.
Yep. Long over. Trump won.

(Aimed at other posters): Guys, it only got snarky in here, because people continued to not pick up on the repeated fact that OP broke up with the guy, the story is over, nothing to see here, she moved on, we hashed the whole thing out to death, he had other issues, etc etc, and O M G WE ARE STILL DISCUSSING THIS so yeah, out popped the jokes, puns, and snark.

This isn't about you. Unless it is? But that's none of my business.

Old 05-18-2018, 10:26 AM

88,189 posts, read 84,046,795 times
Quote:
Well, one could interpret this thread as a sometimes insensitive discussion of an issue that has or will affect every man at some point in his life, and based on that interpretation they might refrain from risking offending people. I don't think that interpretation is happening, but I don't think it's too much to ask
No, I agree, even though I am guilty of having contributed.

Old 05-18-2018, 11:28 AM

5,573 posts, read 3,327,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yep. Long over. Trump won.

(Aimed at other posters): Guys, it only got snarky in here, because people continued to not pick up on the repeated fact that OP broke up with the guy, the story is over, nothing to see here, she moved on, we hashed the whole thing out to death, he had other issues, etc etc, and O M G WE ARE STILL DISCUSSING THIS so yeah, out popped the jokes, puns, and snark.

This isn't about you. Unless it is? But that's none of my business.
I tend to disagree. A topic that is sensitive to men is about me, whether it pertains to me or not. I like you and I really appreciate your input here, but as a woman are you really in a better position than a man to determine who this topic pertains to? Or to, for the life of me, explain away a man's feelings on the topic?

Old 05-18-2018, 11:57 AM

51,932 posts, read 52,351,366 times
Quote:

Yeah, that thought crosses my mind every time I see this thread.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:23 PM

20,252 posts, read 14,484,949 times
Quote:
I tend to disagree. A topic that is sensitive to men is about me, whether it pertains to me or not. I like you and I really appreciate your input here, but as a woman are you really in a better position than a man to determine who this topic pertains to? Or to, for the life of me, explain away a man's feelings on the topic?
The question is whether we were talking about the OP's specific situation, or ED issues in general. With regard to the latter, you are entirely correct. With regard to the former...there was so much other weirdness going on (which she explained earlier in the thread) that it was easy to predict the two of them would not stay together long.

If we're talking about ED issues, as a topic of its own, I'm entirely more sensitive to that whole situation than that. I've talked plenty about my opinions on that subject. Like how for a lot of men, it can be a psychologically affected situation, and a little kindness, loving behavior, and compassion and patience, can go a long way toward getting to a better outcome. About how the act of love can be satisfying to both partners even if a man's body isn't cooperating with his desires, if both of them have a will to make it so.

But my point was that this thread already covered ALL of that. Pretty exhaustively. Both the OP's situation, and how one can cope with such issues. Only then did it seem to devolve into d-jokes...which some dudes were also participating in. I imagine, as someone said, if we had a thread about a woman having...issues...if it got spun out this far, we'd end up in a similar place. But ya know, I suspect that discussion of a woman's intimate bits and their functions might wind up being seen as "not so PG-13" relatively quicker, that'd be my guess.

Old 05-18-2018, 06:12 PM

88,189 posts, read 84,046,795 times
Quote:
It is. Hirrary rost. Tlump won

Old 05-18-2018, 06:19 PM

10,909 posts, read 5,884,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It is. Hirrary rost. Tlump won
The election was a success.

Old 05-19-2018, 07:09 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,256,091 times
Yes, we all know he won the erectorate but lost the popular vote. Turn out was smaller than average.

Old 05-19-2018, 09:55 AM

1,265 posts, read 965,884 times
This thread killed my erection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships