Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 03:09 AM

30 posts, read 14,628 times

Advertisements

Ran across this girl on FB last week and thought she was cute. Upon further investigation I found that we actually go to the same school and have really similar interests. So I just sent her a brief genuine message about how I wanted to talk to her and she responded well.

So we talk and she seems interested (she literally said she is interested in meeting new people) she ends up being interesting and able to hold a conversation with ease. So a couple of days go by of fairly casual conversation and I decide to heat things up sexually and just see how she responds. She responded well and indirectly invited me over that night.

Of course I was at work. :l

After I explained that, she didn't respond and I assumed she had fallen asleep because it was late anyway. No big deal. Next day I decide to just wait for her to respond or start the conversation and it was silence for 2 days until randomly she apologized and said she was **** at replying, to which I basically replied that it was no big deal and that I wanted to take her out. She said "yes, that sounds like fun!!" so she gave me her number and I texted her letting her know that it was me.

Again no response for 2 days. Then I sent a message asking her what she was doing the next day and again she waited until the next day and apologized again for being **** at replying. But she seemed interested and said that she was pretty sure that she would be free the next day. I'm not free tomorrow (3/8) and so I asked if she was free for next Tuesday.

Silence on the air waves once again.

What gives? Why would someone give their number, and agree 2 times to a date that they actually don't want to go to.....?

Is she just "too nice" to say that shes not that interested, or is she playing some game?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 04:25 AM

61,122 posts, read 85,934,275 times
Not interested. You are probably sitting on the back burner...

Old 03-08-2018, 05:07 AM

983 posts, read 2,763,451 times
Agree , she's not interested and is probably trying not to hurt your feelings.

Old 03-08-2018, 06:36 AM

15,024 posts, read 9,987,129 times
You've made 2 attempts. Let it go. If she really is interested and just bad at replying, the 3rd attempt would be initiated by her.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:13 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,572,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttddd95 View Post
...said she was **** at replying

...she waited until the next day and apologized again for being **** at replying.
If someone is into you, they get real good at replying.

You are not a priority. Sorry

Old 03-08-2018, 07:25 AM

2,822 posts, read 1,913,788 times
Don’t ever initiate contact with her again.

If she contacts you, make a date on the spot. Don’t let it spiral into some texting buddy BS.

If she makes up some crap or flakes out on you again, dont initiate contact again, and I wouldn’t respond even if she initiates at that point.

I don’t know why she invites you out that night you had to work. Would have been curious to see that had you accepted, if she would have come up with some lame excuse and texted you a half hour later to cancel, right before you were ready to leave to go see her.

Old 03-08-2018, 07:31 AM

11,366 posts, read 24,324,834 times
She sounds a little flakey. Do you ever talk to her in real life? She may not take your interest seriously if you don’t see her regularly.

Try to have coffee with her during the day when there is less pressure and fewer expectations.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:35 AM

6,512 posts, read 8,296,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tttddd95 View Post
So a couple of days go by of fairly casual conversation and I decide to heat things up sexually and just see how she responds. She responded well and indirectly invited me over that night.

You're just some random guy who messaged her through FB, and then after only a couple (two?) days, escalated it to a sexual conversation. OP, she's not interested.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:54 AM

13,262 posts, read 7,935,364 times
I have a slightly different take on this.

Let's see, she invites you to her place, but YOU put HER off.

She says she's available on such and such day, but YOU were unavailable.

Honestly, I think both of you are having timing issues. I could see how SHE'S wondering if you're playing with her. I mean, she DIRECTLY let you know she was available, and both times YOU closed her down.

I'm not saying you did it to be mean, you have to go to work, and presumably the second time was for a good reason too...but try putting yourself in HER shoes, and maybe she's wondering what YOUR game is.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:55 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,171,275 times
Send her a picture with your shirt off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships