Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 08:09 PM

1,178 posts, read 684,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Um no...no one said "bang". I'll respect your choices, if you respect mine.
I was responding to JerZ’s post aboit the guy who said she wasn’t serious after two dates.

Do you even know someone’s last name on a second date?

Super early exclusivity is about sex. Nothing else.

BTW, I’m not making a value judgement. But there is not much other reason to “lock it down” that early.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2018, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
My mom wasn't very pretty but she always told me the girls might go out with one guy one week, another guy the next week...and that they didn't take it all as seriously...people just naturally coupled up and obviously not every date was a hot date, they were just all learning how to interact and what they wanted and so on.

This is just what I was told...I was constantly asking her for dating advice as a teen (she and my sister).
My grandma and her sister had only one dress coat during the Depression. They would mail it back and forth between them for dates. They very much were both going out with different men on a regular basis. That is how people dated. They kept it casual longer until someone stood out. Worked for both of them. Both sets of my grandparents had solid and happy marriages that lasted over 50 years. Both sets of them were still in love with their apouse when their marriages ended due to death of partner. I tend to approach datimg the same way. I hope to have what they had.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:16 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,860,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inacitysomewhere View Post
I was responding to JerZ’s post aboit the guy who said she wasn’t serious after two dates.

Do you even know someone’s last name on a second date?

Super early exclusivity is about sex. Nothing else.

BTW, I’m not making a value judgement. But there is not much other reason to “lock it down” that early.
Yes you are making a value judgement, but that's okay it doesn't really matter.

What I posted was I can only concentrate on one person at a time, if you can divide your attention between four or five men that's fine, and that's not a value judgement either.

If you want to go there... it seems like you've been saying it's going to take 5 months before you actually have physical contact with a guy, and you're going out with four or five guys ... meanwhile, Im concentrating on one, and I am still with one.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:19 PM

2,289 posts, read 1,510,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
My mom wasn't very pretty but she always told me the girls might go out with one guy one week, another guy the next week...and that they didn't take it all as seriously...people just naturally coupled up and obviously not every date was a hot date, they were just all learning how to interact and what they wanted and so on.

This is just what I was told...I was constantly asking her for dating advice as a teen (she and my sister).
Same in this country , I had a friend who had a Friday night boyfriend for months as well as a Saturday night boyfriend. One she later married, but I was surprised when my daughters made me aware that the culture had changed.

But it has probably never been quite acceptable when married people openly have affairs, especially politicians. It is just that it is far more difficult to hide these days. We just lost our Deputy Prime Minister, Barnaby Joyce, (google him if you want a laugh as we are all laughing as well as cringing) I suppose for single people the same issue arises, very difficult to keep things quiet these days.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:22 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,498,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
With the advent of popular dating sites/apps like Tinder, women dating 3 guys at once is the norm. Maybe I'm a prude but I have a problem with this. Guys are rendered disposable. I've heard conversations where women talk about quickly swiping left and how dating sites/apps are pointless to them. I think dating sites/apps are just a tool for women to catch a big fish. If you aren't a big fish you are tossed back into the water. Thus, the modern dating scene is largely diluted.

I've never dated 3 women at once so I wouldn't be interested in a woman doing so. I think it could be a challenge nowadays to still find young wholesome women.
Lol. Hold the phone. Women are starting to act like guys do when dating?

You do understand the words ironic and double standard right.

Just because you wouldn’t do x doesn’t mean someone else won’t. I personally wouldn’t care if she was dating other guys as long as it was out in the open to start with. Because I would probably be dating other people myself. If we got serious I would expect to be monogamous. Ultimately not all women are dating multiple guys. Just find one who isn’t dating a bunch of dudes.

Most people (regardless of sex) want to date multiple people to find one that’s best for them. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
Yes you are making a value judgement, but that's okay it doesn't really matter.

What I posted was I can only concentrate on one person at a time, if you can divide your attention between four or five men that's fine, and that's not a value judgement either.

If you want to go there it seems like you've been saying it's going to take 5 months before you actually have physical contact with a guy, and you're going out with four or five guys ... meanwhile, Im concentrating on one, and I am still with one.
I don’t care if other people do it. Not my business. But lME it tends to be mainly for sexual reasons...not for me on the second date. For me, that doesn’t work. If it works for others, fine. I am sure occasionally there are people who do not have that reason. I have not experienced it however. Men I have been out with expressly told me that is why they wanted early exclusivity. To “test the waters” so to speak. I have never had anyone say they wanted a committed relationship after two dates, and being exclusive casually before tou know the person has a high probability of failure.

I am glad you found a compatible partner.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrician4you View Post
Lol. Hold the phone. Women are starting to act like guys do when dating?

You do understand the words ironic and double standard right.

Just because you wouldn’t do x doesn’t mean someone else won’t. I personally wouldn’t care if she was dating other guys as long as it was out in the open to start with. Because I would probably be dating other people myself. If we got serious I would expect to be monogamous. Ultimately not all women are dating multiple guys. Just find one who isn’t dating a bunch of dudes.

Most people (regardless of sex) want to date multiple people to find one that’s best for them. Nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:32 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,852,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Sheesh...

Not like men don't date multiple people too.. Please...

As far as I am concerned, unless there exists an agreement for exclusivity it is none of your concern nor business.
Ding, ding, ding!

Old 03-08-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Ding, ding, ding!
Exactly.

Old 03-08-2018, 08:34 PM

20,726 posts, read 16,349,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlygal View Post
Do you think It's okay for a man to sleep with 3 different women at the same time?
It certainly happens and it's okay to the extent that no one is under the impression that there is exclusivity.

Actually, some guys (given past posts on here) are much more ticked off by a woman sleeping with one guy and NOT sleeping with others, namely them! You know, if you're gonna sleep with one, sleep with all for the good of equality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships