Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2018, 07:20 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times

Advertisements

I'm sure this kind of thing happens more often than not. For some people anyway. It's more so an instance that you two were not a match.

Don't beat yourself up over it too much.

Dust yourself off and try again.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:44 AM

1,505 posts, read 1,810,323 times
You did nothing wrong. Remove his shallow arse from your mind.

Old 03-12-2018, 07:50 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
Can you imagine the awkward silence if it was lunch or dinner?
They still sat at a table together for an hour. At least if they had ordered a meal they would have had something else to talk about .

I don't see the big deal about all the guys objecting to a coffee date. Some people apparently attach a lot of romantic significance to a meal, so "coffee" is a less intimate way for total strangers to meet up and see how things go in person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm still not really clear on the OP's description of how he acted disinterested the minute he saw her. How do you know he was not interested, OP? Maybe he was nervous? Then you say he kept trying to "awkwardly" continue the conversation. It doesn't really match up.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:06 AM

10,341 posts, read 5,865,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I don't see the big deal about all the guys objecting to a coffee date. Some people apparently attach a lot of romantic significance to a meal, so "coffee" is a less intimate way for total strangers to meet up and see how things go in person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm still not really clear on the OP's description of how he acted disinterested the minute he saw her. How do you know he was not interested, OP? Maybe he was nervous? Then you say he kept trying to "awkwardly" continue the conversation. It doesn't really match up.
No coffee dates for me either, If they cant agree to anything else, I just won't be going. Not everyone goes to coffee shops, and the kind of guy I like probably isn't found in one. The fast food guy was lesson enough.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:19 AM

1,660 posts, read 1,209,955 times
You need to beat him to the punch

Email him and let him know you are not interested or attracted to him and so you will not continue in meeting him in the future

Old 03-12-2018, 08:26 AM

44 posts, read 26,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo111 View Post
I was wondering if I did the right thing by dragging the date into 1 hour or I should've left right after sensing
his disappointment/disinterest.
I would have asked if he wanted to continue since you sensed his apprehension. Personally I would not make small talk for an hour with someone and give them the impression that I am interested when in fact I'm not feeling it. Waste of time on both ends.

Old 03-12-2018, 08:42 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo111 View Post
I've posted a few pictures. Most of them are a few months old... I did have 2 pictures there that's from 2 years ago but I don't think I've changed that much in 2 years.. same weight and stuff.
I didn't lie about anything either... I'm relatively slim.. 5'4 and 115ibs. Regularly work out. Long hair.
Dingo, this is confusing. I do know that people post pics of themselves that are purposely deceptive, but it doesn't sound like you did that here. Everyone would choose flattering vs. unflattering pics, which is what it sounds like you did.

Can you show the pictures to a friend and ask if they look like you? I have seen pics of friends that I really don't recognize them in - at all - and decline saying is that actually you? because the picture is so much more attractive than they are in person.

I'm sorry that happened to you.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:05 AM

1,748 posts, read 1,296,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I can't imagine someone being that different from the pics, unless they were using a 10-yr-old photo, or something. The un-photogenic people often turn out to be better-looking than their pics. IDK how someone could look worse than their pics.
Some people look photogenic and attractive in pics, but when see them in person the physical presence is totally different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGal7 View Post
I had a weird OLD date myself years ago. We met for coffee and it seemed like we got along fine. Or at least it looked like he was fine. He wasn't giving any signals that he was unhappy. I excused myself to visit the ladies room and when I came back his entire demeanor had changed! He had picked up a newspaper that was sitting at the next table and was reading it and barely acknowledged that I was back. So when he started acting so weird I said thanks for meeting me and I left. Never heard from him again. No idea wtf happened there.
This is really weird off. I'm guessing maybe you were away for too long and he got impatient and pissed.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:22 AM

777 posts, read 452,514 times
Nothing wrong with coffee for a first meeting. It's not really even a "date". You're meeting in person to see if you're both more or less what you appear to be from the dating site, to see if there's a little click in person. That's it, nothing complicated.

They're not all going to go well.

I tended to give people the benefit of the doubt if they seem a little nervous and awkward, if there's enough in their profile and preliminary chats to make me thinks there's enough compatibility to keep things interesting. I'm enough of an introvert I'm sure I may come across as a little standoffish at first. First coffee with my SO, he was the chatterbox and I felt like I had a hard time getting a word in edgewise.... but as it turns out, he was nervous. Subsequent meetings went better as we got more comfortable with each other. So a slightly off first meet can turn into something better if the two parties involved are interested and communicate that.

Old 03-12-2018, 09:29 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,957,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softcrunch View Post
Some people look photogenic and attractive in pics, but when see them in person the physical presence is totally different.

This, a person can look just like their pics and bam, the presence or feel just is not there. It happens. It is part of chemistry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships