Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2018, 08:14 PM

19 posts, read 10,127 times

Advertisements

So I went on a coffee date with someone I met online. He acted so disinterested the moment he saw me. We got coffee and sat down, he barely talked. I thought it would be so awkward to just leave, so I managed to find some topics to talk about for an hour and we went on our separate ways.

I still can't get over the embarrassment this whole event brought me. Was the guy being rude? Should I have just left? To me, it's ok if you're not interested, but if you ask someone out and that person disappoints you look wise( got to be looks since it's our first time meeting) at least be friendly..

Old 03-11-2018, 08:19 PM

49,932 posts, read 59,927,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingo111 View Post
So I went on a coffee date with someone I met online. He acted so disinterested the moment he saw me. We got coffee and sat down, he barely talked. I thought it would be so awkward to just leave, so I managed to find some topics to talk about for an hour and we went on our separate ways.

I still can't get over the embarrassment this whole event brought me. Was the guy being rude? Should I have just left? To me, it's ok if you're not interested, but if you ask someone out and that person disappoints you look wise( got to be looks since it's our first time meeting) at least be friendly..
Have you heard from him since?

Old 03-11-2018, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
Have you heard from him since?
Of course not
I forgot to thank him for coffee at the end cause he left so fast... I'd like to send him a quick thank you note but then I don't want to embarrass myself again.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Of course not
I forgot to thank him for coffee at the end cause he left so fast... I'd like to send him a quick thank you note but then I don't want to embarrass myself again.
I would let it go.

It sounds like you made the best of it. Some dates just don't work out.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:55 PM

2,449 posts, read 2,601,279 times
He seemed so disinterested from the get-go, but your 'meet' was for almost an hour? Did you do ALL the talking?

Next time you think your date isn't feeling it, rip the band-aid and be done with it sooner. Keep your first meets to coffee.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:57 PM

22,284 posts, read 21,722,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post
He seemed so disinterested from the get-go, but your 'meet' was for almost an hour? Did you do ALL the talking?

Next time you think your date isn't feeling it, rip the band-aid and be done with it sooner. Keep your first meets to coffee.
It was coffee.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdieBelle View Post
I would let it go.

It sounds like you made the best of it. Some dates just don't work out.
I was wondering if I did the right thing by dragging the date into 1 hour or I should've left right after sensing
his disappointment/disinterest.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:02 PM

Quote:
I was wondering if I did the right thing by dragging the date into 1 hour or I should've left right after sensing
his disappointment/disinterest.
No, there is such a thing as jitters, and it sometimes takes people a while to relax and warm up to each other.

But if you had to literally drag conversation out of him, then yeah, an hour sounds pretty brutal.

You can always joke about it, as in saying, "So ... you disappointed?" when you notice that he's acting "off." He may just tell you. Of course, that's no fun, but you won't waste time chit-chatting.

No sense in turning it over and over in your head. If you weren't a match, you weren't a match. Sorry

Old 03-11-2018, 09:04 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,939 times
That's how it can go with OLD. Sometimes, you don't find the person attractive at all in-person (compared to their pics).

That being said, he was definitely rude. He could have been polite for like a half-hour, then call it quits.

Old 03-11-2018, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhureeKeeper View Post

I did... I thought it's the social norm to sit down for that long and I did try not to talk and there's just awkward silence. I was waiting for his cue to finish the meet but he'd try reluctantly to continue the conversation..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships