Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 10:35 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,197,836 times

Advertisements

Go ahead. Do any of the suggested and alienate her completely.
How about just a "welcome back" and answer her question about your time with your family ( whatever that was about)
You want to question her about anything more personal, make another date and do so in person.
Whatare you waiting a few hours for? Just to 'tit for tat' or show her how disinterested you are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 10:37 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,003,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Go ahead. Do any of the suggested and alienate her completely.
How about just a "welcome back" and answer her question about your time with your family ( whatever that was about)
You want to question her about anything more personal, make another date and do so in person.
Whatare you waiting a few hours for? Just to show her how disinterested you are?
I'll be honest, and this is just how I'd feel about it, personally: If I'd slept with the person, and I felt I might alienate him (in the OP's case, her) just by wanting more than a pal type "hey, how ya doing" type of text after a long pause, then...we're not meant to be. He (she) isn't into it, and I'm moving on.

The OP's already done plenty of tiptoeing and wondering and even posting about this. That hasn't made her draw any closer to him so far, KWIM? In person, over text, doesn't seem to matter, she's putting her head on his shoulder on occasion and otherwise being "meh."

Old 03-20-2018, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
I'll be honest, and this is just how I'd feel about it, personally: If I'd slept with the person, and I felt I might alienate him (in the OP's case, her) just by wanting more than a pal type "hey, how ya doing" type of text after a long pause, then...we're not meant to be. He (she) isn't into it, and I'm moving on.

The OP's already done plenty of tiptoeing and wondering and even posting about this. That hasn't made her draw any closer to him so far, KWIM? In person, over text, doesn't seem to matter, she's putting her head on his shoulder on occasion and otherwise being "meh."
Don't recall suggesting he tip toe.
Quite the opposite. But almost every other thread about discussing more personal things say "in person" Why should this be different?
There's also more often that not, no disagreement about someone wanting to take it slow.
Now,she should be kicked to the curb for doing so?

Old 03-20-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Don't recall suggesting he tip toe.
Quite the opposite. But almost every other thread about discussing more personal things say "in person" Why should this be different?
There's also more often that not, no disagreement about someone wanting to take it slow.
Now,she should be kicked to the curb for doing so?
"Should" she be...well, I was saying what I would do. OP has already been tiptoeing. There are several threads about this already.

Sure, he can discuss this in person. The fact that he hasn't already, including with the head on the shoulder but pulling away thing, is part of that tiptoeing.

And as I said, obviously, she's not responding either way. Not the way OP wants her to.

I didn't say automatically kick her to the curb. I said I'd do one of TWO things. One was: directly asking her. And my point was: if after the sleeping and the whole thing, just asking this question will "alienate" her, then he was already on thin ice and she was just looking for a reason to go...IMO. Not all by itself but in conjunction with the hot-and-cold stuff, excuses, and so on.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:04 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,284,428 times
Quote:

You nailed it JerZ. It doesn't matter what he does, because for the time being she's calling the shots. All the OP can do is decide if he's fine with her calling the shots and making the decisions. He's trying to decide what's reasonable and what's unreasonable. I don't think it's about her being busy, she may like the OP, but not enough to stop seeking others. They're also not exclusive, but that doesn't exclude how the OP feels. If I was the OP, I'd just dial it back and take it casual with her, while seeing others. It very well may or may not work out, but you don't want to have all your eggs in one basket when you're seeing someone and they're just "meh" about you. You will undoubtedly be the one that gets hurt, because you're overinvested compared to the other party. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:10 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,721,626 times
Having sex does not automatically equate to exclusivity. That tired narrative needs to be retired. It discourages people from having an actual conversation. "We've had sex, now you're my bf/gf."

Yeah no.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:11 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaste View Post
Part of me wants to call again tomorrow.

Part of me wants to text her getting some degree of closure.

Part of me wants to just confront her since I've been to her place too but that's obsessive lol. I'm just allowing myself to get the angry emotions out of me here.

When someone shows you who they are....believe them.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Having sex does not automatically equate to exclusivity. That tired narrative needs to be retired. It discourages people from having an actual conversation. "We've had sex, now you're my bf/gf."

Yeah no.
It doesn't, but to me (this is just me), if I've had sex with the person and I still can't ask them how they feel about me, something's wrong.

That's not necessarily asking for exclusivity, though.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:57 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Merged thread.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-20-2018, 11:59 AM

Quote:
It doesn't, but to me (this is just me), if I've had sex with the person and I still can't ask them how they feel about me, something's wrong.

If you'll go back and read, the whole thing was about a text...about asking her about such things in response to her TEXT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships