Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2018, 11:46 AM

1 posts, read 541 times

Advertisements

well ive been with my girlfriend (ex) now we just broke up in Feb we were talking since sept 2017 we were on and of talking in 2016 and 2017. Then I finally asked her out in Nov 2017 after talkign to for so long. at first I didnt want to be in a relationship but she got to me. Side note: she had a ex boyfriend, to whom she lost her virginity to. I would contiually ask does she still have feeling for him, she would reply "he is in a bad place right and I dont want to be with him:" Going back in Feb 2018 we had a valentines, almost messed up because she was irrated. About 3 weeks ago I found out she went to go see her ex for newborn baby brother she told me she didnt do anything , I believed her. Then we stopped talking when we came to school, and bounced back, then suddenly we just fell off. In a week, I stopped texting her so she assumed I was going to done talk to her so she started talking to her ex where she told me im torn between him and you after a drunk night. What should I do ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 11:58 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,935,627 times
Move on. She's not in love with you.

Never hang around for someone who's "torn."

Old 03-13-2018, 01:44 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,077,804 times
Keep focused on becoming valedictorian and don't worry about the girls.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:58 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,248,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith74 View Post
well ive been with my girlfriend (ex) now we just broke up in Feb we were talking since sept 2017 we were on and of talking in 2016 and 2017. Then I finally asked her out in Nov 2017 after talkign to for so long. at first I didnt want to be in a relationship but she got to me. Side note: she had a ex boyfriend, to whom she lost her virginity to. I would contiually ask does she still have feeling for him, she would reply "he is in a bad place right and I dont want to be with him:" Going back in Feb 2018 we had a valentines, almost messed up because she was irrated. About 3 weeks ago I found out she went to go see her ex for newborn baby brother she told me she didnt do anything , I believed her. Then we stopped talking when we came to school, and bounced back, then suddenly we just fell off. In a week, I stopped texting her so she assumed I was going to done talk to her so she started talking to her ex where she told me im torn between him and you after a drunk night. What should I do ?
Say what?

Old 03-13-2018, 02:30 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,725,695 times
Talking is not dating OP. There was no girlfriend, no relationship, so nothing to revive.

Old 03-13-2018, 04:49 PM

2,587 posts, read 1,595,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
Say what?
I feel your confusion, one has to be a tad careful with these things, or run the risk of being accused of being a grammar Nazi, but it doesn’t make it easy, when you feel that you may have missed something in the text, so you keep going back to start over, and re-read the lines.
I got the gist of it, of that I’m reasonably sure, but some parts I’m still unsure of, was she irate at Valentine’s, or just irritated, has the ex acquired a new baby brother, or has the ex’s new girlfriend had a baby boy, a brother for a kid she already had?
Then it looks like they’re both still at school, of course you can be boyfriend/girlfriend while still at school, but I was thinking that they were adults, young adults maybe, but adults all the same.
It made it hard work for me to see exactly what advice the OP was seeking.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:01 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
People, sorry, but these things really are not that hard to figure out. I keep seeing the same scenarios and questions being asked over and over.

As always, if you have to ask strangers on a forum about these things, the battle has long been lost.

I couldn't think of clearer signs than in the OP's situation that the other party could care less about the 'relationship.'

Save your self respect, dignity, and move on.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:06 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,720,329 times
Torn. Translation: "I'm not really interested in you."

Move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
People, sorry, but these things really are not that hard to figure out. I keep seeing the same scenarios and questions being asked over and over.

As always, if you have to ask strangers on a forum about these things, the battle has long been lost.

I couldn't think of clearer signs than in the OP's situation that the other party could care less about the 'relationship.'

Save your self respect, dignity, and move on.
I agree, so many people keep making the same mistakes over and over again. At least, that's how it looks. I understand there are subtle differences in terms of dynamics and situations, however, generally, when someone truly likes you and there is minimal drama, you don't question it.

Old 03-14-2018, 10:48 PM

29,514 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Torn. Translation: "I'm not really interested in you."

Move on.

I agree, so many people keep making the same mistakes over and over again. At least, that's how it looks. I understand there are subtle differences in terms of dynamics and situations, however, generally, when someone truly likes you and there is minimal drama, you don't question it.
Yup, it really is that simple.

In looking at my past, the difference between those who were genuinely interested in me, and those who were not, was like night and day. You WILL know if someone likes you, mostly by their ACTIONS and not words. And by actions I don't mean listless and meandering texts.

Old 03-14-2018, 11:25 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,202,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by keith74 View Post
Not your ex. Wasn't your girlfriend.

Don't text her. Don't talk to her.

This "relationship" occupied a blip in time. Move on.

Free advice. No charge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships